A forum for Canberra United supporters to discuss all things football in Canberra

We want you to join the Capital Punishment army on the hill side of McKellar Park, at each and every Canberra United match.
The forum has undergone a revolution... so register and voice your opinion regarding everything football in Canberra.

Williams Positioning

Joey47
    Ivan Slavich

Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio

Williams Positioning

Post by Joey47 on Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:08 am

I could probably count about 4 times this year, where Lydia Williams has been caught off her line, and that has resulted in a goal.

What is going on with that?

Stix7
    Ben Williams

Other football teams : MUFC, PSG, Bayern Munchen

Re: Williams Positioning

Post by Stix7 on Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:15 am

What is going on with that?

Taking lessons from Barbieri?
    Brushed
    Ben Williams

Other football teams : LFC

Post by Brushed on Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:40 am

This time positioning good, tripping over own feet VERY bad.
    Raider_United
    Ellie Brush

Post by Raider_United on Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:03 am

This didn't seem to be the case last year. I actually don't remember once when she was off her line. Whereas this year, she has looked very shaky.

She wouldn't have tripped over her feet if she wasn't caught off her line though?
    Nonno Gomes
    Carl Valeri

Post by Nonno Gomes on Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:33 am

here here.

on this form casey dumont might take her position in the matildas

Ellie Brush

Post by Admin_Capital Punishment on Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:52 am

I honestly believe that Dumont is the best keeper in the country. Better than Barbieri and Williams.
    efcmetro1878
    Carl Valeri

Post by efcmetro1878 on Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:09 am

Dumont is better, correct.
    Barbs and Lydia are both very very experienced internationally.

On the matter of positioning, as a keeper it frustrates me to see her get caught off her line time and time again. She was brilliant with it last season, but I think this is a confidence thing. You have to stay far enough off your line to cut off the angle, but that opens you up to being chipped/falling over (lol)

That said, she could have been standing on her line and that second goal still would have beaten her. Extremely unlucky.
    Chris1822
    Ivan Slavich

Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Post by Chris1822 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:21 am

nah she did it last year a couple of times too i remember, i agree with this 100%, she's actually costing us valuable points.

Foundation member #869

footballfan
    Ben Williams

Post by footballfan on Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:52 am

Well with Sykes stuffing up every game and williams giving away goals we aren't doing too well.
    Joey47
    Ivan Slavich

Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio

Post by Joey47 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:41 pm

Williams is a bloody good goal keeper, and was BY FAR, the best keeper last year in the W-League and was rewarded with GK of the year I think. Deserved it if she didn't.

This year she has still pulled off some tremendous saves, a few one on ones, and in particular she has played well that last 2 games. Se has still had a good year IMO.

That being said when it comes to the situation, where she is off her line and all, she really needs improvement. That is my only real concern for her.

Schimch@capital hill wrote:nah she did it last year a couple of times too i remember, i agree with this 100%, she's actually costing us valuable points.

Are you solely blaming Lydia Williams for some of the games we have lost? Because it certainly looks like it. How about All of Ashleigh Sykes' misses in front of goal? How when Nicole Sykes' opposition player skips straight past? How about some of the slight stuff ups when Ellie Brush has had when defending? Plus a few more players in the team throwing away counter attacks, but a terrible pass, cross or shot.

Look, I admit Williams has had some stuff ups, but to solely blame and saying she has cost us points is a bit far fetched. She has saved us on many occasions.

footballfan
    Ben Williams

Post by footballfan on Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:05 am

Leeds, you are right, they have all made mistakes as any team does. It just seems the sykes girls have made 90% of them. Lydia is a class keeper, although she has made a couple of stuff ups this year and being the keeper it shows far worse than the rest of the team. Keep lydia and get rid of the sykes girls.
    United On The Gong
    Ned Zelic

Post by United On The Gong on Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:45 am

Agreed. If you solely blame Lydia for costing a few points, then you have no idea about football. There have been many stuff-ups, for the Sykes', brush, even on a few occasions tseng has stuffed up. The whole team has cost us value points.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:18 am