Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
spathi
spathi
Other football teams : Liverpool, Barcelona

Moved: Possible Coaching Staff for Canberra A-league bid Empty Moved: Possible Coaching Staff for Canberra A-league bid

Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:28 pm
I would like to hear from anyone and everyone who they think would be the best person to coach a Canberra A-League team? When we do get a team, sooner rather than later I hope.
There are a number of well credentialed locals who could do the job and do it well, e.g. Lino, Milo, Zoran, Chris. But I would like to hear from you who you think would be the best of the lot even if its not from these four. Lets have a proper discussion about it because sooner or later we will have an A-League team and we will need a Head coach, Asssitant coach, Youth team coach, technical coach, tactical coach, goal keeper coach and possibly more depending on how good we want to be.

So if you have an opinion on all these positions, please make them available on this forum it couldn't hurt, or could it? Smile Smile Smile
Nonno Gomes
Nonno Gomes

Moved: Possible Coaching Staff for Canberra A-league bid Empty Re: Moved: Possible Coaching Staff for Canberra A-league bid

Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:37 pm
Lino Fiorese is hands down the greatest local coach out there!!!

Ive ha bad experiences with Milo Milanovic and i've heard even worse. I don't rate him nor should he be rated. no good!
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Moved: Possible Coaching Staff for Canberra A-league bid Empty Re: Moved: Possible Coaching Staff for Canberra A-league bid

Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:57 pm
The coaches you listed are of decent credentials, well most of, but do we really think they are the type we want for a debut Canberra A-League team? I think we need a really top class, whether that be an Australian or European coach. I think we will obviously have a young team and will struggle in the first few years, so we need a man with experience to lead the group around.

BTW, this thread has been moved and the title has been changed to more specific terms.
pete
pete
Other football teams : Canberra United, Plymouth Argyle FC, Club America, LA Galaxy

Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:20 pm
As much as I am for a foreign coach for our start-up club I would probably go known name with A-League credentials. Let's face it if we picked a local coach fans would be more worried than excited...

Someone like: Paul Okon, Gary van Egmond, Frank Farina, John Kosmina, Guus Hiddink (only joking!) would fit the bill when our time comes.
efcmetro1878
efcmetro1878

Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:24 pm
Head Coach: Lino Fiorese
Asst. Coaches: Zoran Glavinic and Lord Chris Tanzey
Goalkeeping Coach: Antonio Giannasca
Defensive Coach: Ned Zelic

Director of Football: Sven Goran Eriksson - he's not doing much.
spathi
spathi
Other football teams : Liverpool, Barcelona

Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:25 pm
Firstly thankyou to Proud2Becanberran for taking the liberty of moving my thread and changing the title because i wasnt specific enough for him/her.
Secondly i can see the positives in engageing a experienced foreign coach to guide our team in its infancy, in saying that he must have a plan for developement of youth e.g. u/12, u/14, 16 18 and so on, so these local boys that are good enough get a good grounding before moving into the Youth League team and then onto the A-League team and he must be contracted for a minimum of 4 years for the plan to start bearing fruit
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum