Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Woeful Empty Woeful

Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:57 pm
That would have to be one of the most frustrating performances I have ever seen for Canberra United. We have NOTHING up front and i mean NOTHING.

I cannot believe Junna didn't use Raymond when it was obvious we needed fresh legs of a striker. She played brilliantly against Perth so why wasn't she used today.

That is our season all but over. Cry
C-UnitFan

Woeful Empty Woeful referring also (and commentating on ABC TV)

Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:57 pm
A blatent (missed by all refs apparently!) handball was committed by Melbourne and let go in the very early part of the game that should have been an instant penalty to Canberra. This would have changed the whole nature of the match as an early goal to us.

We had no midfield and forward quality at all for the whole game - Melbourne played a strong central midfield (4 across the park) to deliberately dominate our dubious midfield tactics that leaves a massive gap in the centre (the only time that tactically has changed was against Brisbane). Canberra were completely 'under-powered' in the midfield and forwards - missed Cian M. enormously in her usual role. Defence did well again under constant pressure all game and were still unlucky to concede a scrappy late goal. Canberra had 4 shots and none on target - Melbourne had 15 with 8 on target.

Disappointing tactics and formation played this season by the coach who didn't seem to analyse the opposition much at all.

Cheryl Salisbury knows nothing about the players, the teams or football as an ABC commentator (every week is poor) - Van Egmond seems to be the only name she knows for Canberra (mates from Newcastle last year) and she missed/lost possession with 50+% of her passes but kept on getting compliments from Salisbury while other players got 'bagged'.
efcmetro1878
efcmetro1878

Woeful Empty Re: Woeful

Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:58 pm
Look, today really showed us what we've missed this season - as soon as the crunch comes, we go on holidays.
I'm shocked at how poorly we played, how badly the game plan was executed, how out-of-position Junna has played the girls this year and how far behind the pack we are. I really hope this serves as a wake-up call for the girls and they bang eight past Adelaide next week.
It really pisses me off that for the whole game we played for the draw. *frustration* How can he justify this? Taking Gill off for Kiting was wrong, should've put Raymond on then and gone for the jugular.

Let's hope Perth can do us a huge favour and beat Melbourne.
RealCanberra23
RealCanberra23

Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:39 am
that was a very disappointing performance. We really don't deserve to go anywhere near the top four IMO. We have been WAY to inconsistent, whereas the teams above us have been head and toes above everyone else.

But possibly Perth have hit some form? They beat Brisbane last night 2-1. Hopefully they can pull off another surprise.
efcmetro1878
efcmetro1878

Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:59 am
PERTH BEAT BRISBANE?!?!?!

*faints* wow.
Nonno Gomes
Nonno Gomes

Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:06 am
i hate relying on results, we want fate in our hands not others. Junna mate you had ellie raymond on the bench!!!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum