Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Thoughts... Do We Have a Possibility?

+15
thom_canberra
Toby
xman0444
Galileo
avy1990
Alcuela
Alex351
arinceo
Social_Loafer
CFCCOUK
Shar
choice bro cheers
Ecz
Chris1822
Joey47
19 posters
Go down
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Your Thoughts... Do We Have a Possibility? Empty Your Thoughts... Do We Have a Possibility?

Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:30 pm
As we probably all know the Melbourne Heart bid has all but been accepted for the 2010/2011 season.

We are now competing against a Western Sydney bid, South Coast bid and a Tasmania bid.

Even though, by all reports, we have the best bid, the FFA seem to favour a Western Sydney team. There is also talk of a Western Sydney-Wollongong team. Also the Tasmania bid. They have the 43rd richest man in the world as their backer but do no have a stadium or good fan support

I honestly believe we do have the best bid but unfortunately I don't think we will get it. The FFA are in love with Sydney and will give it to Western Sydney. :(

I hope we get the team though.
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Your Thoughts... Do We Have a Possibility? Empty Re: Your Thoughts... Do We Have a Possibility?

Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:46 pm
i personally believe that the only way that the new sydney fc owners would've bought the club is if they were assured by frank lowy of some secret deal to have fc as the only club in sydney for the next few years.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Your Thoughts... Do We Have a Possibility? Empty Re: Your Thoughts... Do We Have a Possibility?

Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:46 pm
i think that south coast bid is gone.

tasmania is making a late surge but the lack of stadium will see them fail.

the canberra bid is the most developed and IMO the best (no bias) ;)

the western sydney bid is quiet. if the ffa are working behind doors with them god help us all they will get it. however if they are just really slow in developing their bid i don't think they will get it.
Ecz
Ecz
Other football teams : Tottenham

Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:48 pm
I reckon Canberra have a strong chance, a good bid, a good stadium, and a strong fan support
choice bro cheers
choice bro cheers
Other football teams : Very Little

Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:23 pm
At this point in time, Canberra deserve a start, however FFA are keen to get Western Sydney team up and running. 👽
Shar
Shar

Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:06 am
Good luck to Canberra :bounce:

I'm from Wollongong (but live next door to Sydney FC atm in Moore Park), and I would love to see the South Coast bid get up, but not if it's mangled up with Western Sydney, the single most retarded idea I've ever heard. I think South Coast needs to regroup, forget about the Western Sydney mashup and wait for it's turn in the A-League.

So I support Canberra & Tasmania for sure. Just imagine weekend trips to both those locations, how awesome! I enjoy visiting both places, Canberra has plenty of things to see & do while in town, & Tassie -> just to die for! Cheap enough on Jetstar too. Anyhow, Canberra has shown its support during the recent Socceroo's match, and while regular turnouts may be debatable, definitely deserves a go imho.

In honesty, I doubt Canberra's chance to get in over a frankenstein Western Sydney bid. Here's the thing though, doesn't really matter, cos it's simply a matter of time till all the bidders are on the grass.

After 2010 gonna be more (ex)socceroos to go round these clubs too 8)
CFCCOUK
CFCCOUK
http://www21.sbs.com.au/wgforum

Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:32 am
FFFFAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRKKKKKK...

Joined 10 mins ago...

I am curently in port Macquarie NSW, gap year, I am going to ANU next year...

So very much want the canberra bid to succedd...Am fully paid up (obviously)...

But am concerned by the 'West Syn=dney' favouratism... :S

I mean, W-League is a great start...but a HAL team would be so very briliiant!...
Joey47
Joey47

Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:30 am
CFCCOUK wrote:FFFFAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRKKKKKK...

Joined 10 mins ago...

I am curently in port Macquarie NSW, gap year, I am going to ANU next year...

So very much want the canberra bid to succedd...Am fully paid up (obviously)...

But am concerned by the 'West Syn=dney' favouratism... :S

I mean, W-League is a great start...but a HAL team would be so very briliiant!...

Yeo agree, CFCCOUK, the only thing stopping us is the favourtism of the Western Sydney bid. It could be a good bid but I think Canberra's has ticked all the boxes. The shameful thing about W.Sydney is that they will probably play their games at ANZ. :roll:
Chris1822
Chris1822

Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:16 am
See the thing is before the socceroos match in canberra the FFA met with the canberra bid orgainsers and said that they'd ticked all of the boxes bar one, community support. So they said to go out and get some pledges of support from the community, 5000 they said. We went out and got 12000 which is the number on the aleague4canberra website (although that number hasn't been updated for over a month so there'd be more.) We once againproved our support with 20K to that match. So IMO we ticked all of the boxes, we also got 50 people more than western sydney did to their matildas match.
Social_Loafer

Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:50 pm
aleague4canberra wrote:See the thing is before the socceroos match in canberra the FFA met with the canberra bid orgainsers and said that they'd ticked all of the boxes bar one, community support. So they said to go out and get some pledges of support from the community, 5000 they said. We went out and got 12000 which is the number on the aleague4canberra website (although that number hasn't been updated for over a month so there'd be more.) We once againproved our support with 20K to that match. So IMO we ticked all of the boxes, we also got 50 people more than western sydney did to their matildas match.

Have to remember with the Matildas match that the game was postponed only hours before kick off due to the massive heat wave.. Even when we had the later kick off it was about 34 degrees. had we had a normal summers day at the scheduled kick off the attendence would have been double.
arinceo
arinceo

Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:00 pm
I would think that the W-League team plus the already signed up supporters/foundation members will be what sways the decision in our favour.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:05 pm
arinceo wrote:I would think that the W-League team plus the already signed up supporters/foundation members will be what sways the decision in our favour.

i sure hope so.
choice bro cheers
choice bro cheers
Other football teams : Very Little

Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:24 pm
arinceo wrote:I would think that the W-League team plus the already signed up supporters/foundation members will be what sways the decision in our favour.

Sure, the W-League has been a very good advertisement for Canberra with some of the largest crowds attending the womens matches.
Alex351
Alex351
Other football teams : Real Madrid, Reading and Southport

Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:32 pm
The Canberra A-League bid has every thing the FFA want in a good bid. It's between us and Western-Sydney to get the last spot I reckon. South Coast has had no publicity and Tassie; has any one seen a sporting team in Tasmania! They might have the 43rd richest man in the world but they have no fan support,not even a decent stadium!

I think Canberra will scrape through and get the 12th spot.
Alcuela
Alcuela

Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:30 am
I say Canberra now have more chance of getting it as South Coast bid is in limbo coz of not meeting the criteria of FFA regarding of their stadium in Wollongong.
avy1990
avy1990

Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:42 pm
Lets just hope 'ey.

Im currently a SFC fan, but as soon as Canberra get a team, Im on the wagon.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:44 pm
this is an exert from ben buckley's response to the canberra bid a day after the socceroos match in canberra that i read today:

"There are some matters around the capital structure of the club that need to be worked through and just some more operational details that we need to have some responses to,'' Buckley said."

that sounds very assuring if you ask me, it sounds like he just wants a few things tied up and we're in.
Joey47
Joey47

Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:03 pm
*bump

I am getting a wee bit more positive TBH. After a few of those quotes from Ben Buckley I am thinking that they aren't just gonna give the licence straight to WS, they are really considering our bid due to the strength of it.
Galileo
Galileo

Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:26 pm
Same here Proud2BeCanberran. It looks good but as I stated in another thread if the FFA were smart we would def be in the league.
xman0444
Other football teams : Tottenham Hotspur, Tottenham Hotspur Reserves, Tottenham Hotspur U18's, North Queensland Fury

Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:32 pm
We should get a team.
Toby
Toby

Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:34 pm
so have we got a fixed date of when they will inform everyone their decision? or is it still "sometime early July"
Joey47
Joey47

Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:36 pm
Tobster wrote:so have we got a fixed date of when they will inform everyone their decision? or is it still "sometime early July"

Tobster, Slavich told me that it will be early July.

All we can do is wait...
CFCCOUK
CFCCOUK

Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:21 pm
Proud2BeCanberran wrote:
Tobster wrote:so have we got a fixed date of when they will inform everyone their decision? or is it still "sometime early July"

Tobster, Slavich told me that it will be early July.

All we can do is wait...

Sounds good :)

The recent West Sydney stuff has looked poorer by the day as well...its looking quite good atm...
Toby
Toby

Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:47 pm
hehe im impatient..
CFCCOUK
CFCCOUK

Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:52 pm
Tobster wrote:hehe im impatient..
Aren't we all? ;)
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum