Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Nonno Gomes
Nonno Gomes

Players we need to lock in! Empty Players we need to lock in!

Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:24 pm
Along with the appaling saga of Hooker's contract renewal what about the players. we need to get even pre contractual (verbal, word of honour)agreements on certain players before the others poach our girls. Brush, Munoz, Kiting, Cian Maj.., Slatyer the rest!!!
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Players we need to lock in! Empty Re: Players we need to lock in!

Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:12 am
What about Chapman, Williams, Crawford and Mowbray.
teddybear

Players we need to lock in! Empty Players to sign

Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:14 am
Please god, don't sign Kiting. She has only one trick, wait til the attackers get to her and then kick it out. No flair or innovation in her play. Just like Sykes, only thing she can do is run down the field and stuff up in front of goal.
We should be concentrating on the current Matilda and Young Matilda players. Not the older has beens, but current ones. Walters and Studman are both current Young Matildas, with some excitement and innovation in their games. Munoz is a good solid player and should be back as should Brush. McDonnell was hopeless all season and so was Mowbray.
Joey47
Joey47

Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:29 am
teddybear wrote:Please god, don't sign Kiting. She has only one trick, wait til the attackers get to her and then kick it out. No flair or innovation in her play. Just like Sykes, only thing she can do is run down the field and stuff up in front of goal.
We should be concentrating on the current Matilda and Young Matilda players. Not the older has beens, but current ones. Walters and Studman are both current Young Matildas, with some excitement and innovation in their games. Munoz is a good solid player and should be back as should Brush. McDonnell was hopeless all season and so was Mowbray.

Are you for real?

Get rid of Kiting. She was one of the bright lights during the season. She is a defender and great one at it. She is going to be a future Matilda, no doubt about it. How old is she?

I got no problems with A.Sykes,i just think she shouldn't be a striker, more of a right/left mid.

As for McDonnell, yea I was disappointed, but there were definitely signs that she could become a star in the future.
teddybear

Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:43 am
Good point re sykes, she might be able to use her speed in the midfield. Will have to disagree re Kiting. Not an innovative player at all. Not sure about the Matilda idea? If so, why isn't she in YOung Matildas? She has trialled with them, but not got any further, I don't think. not sure.

Slatyer was good early in the season, but dropped off towards the end. Would be a good signing if she would commit to the team and bit and come to training etc. Defensive line up would be stronger with Walters at right back, Slatyer and Brush in the middle. Then Studman on left back - she at least will run forward and down the line, not like N Sykes who still seems a bit unsure of herself. Time will help her.
Joey47
Joey47

Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:30 am
Yea, I must be so bloody annoying for Hooker with Slatyer, Davis plus a few other traipsing off to other cities during the week.
teddybear

Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:26 pm
At least the two Queenslanders moved to the ACT for the season, but we don't want them back. Davis did come to the ACT quite a bit and was here for several trainings and the grand final training, but Slatyer didn't come to one training and just turned up expecting to play. Other players in the ACT who didn't come to training sat on the bench - how is that fair? Also Sykes girls only came to games and expected to play. If you are going to do this, then commit properly. Several of the ACT players, particulary those in Year 11 and 12 made considerable sacrifices with schoolwork, study, work etc to enable them to commit properly. WHy can't interstate players do this. They can't have it both ways.
Admin_Capital Punishment
Admin_Capital Punishment
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net

Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:28 pm
Well, I was talking to Hooker at that open training session just before the final and he said that some like: Davis, Slatyer, and the Sykes' sisters don't go to all trainings but do come for some.

BTW, Davis is from Darwin and Slatyer is from Sydney.

Really for Slatyer she should be coming to EVERY training.
Nonno Gomes
Nonno Gomes

Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:16 pm
why can't we (as in capital football) organise some sort of temporary accommodation during the season for these guys??? the season is 10 games long (i'm div 4 and my season is longer than that, double in fact!). surely the ACT being a wealthy place all around could do something to help the players and hence save time effort and money in securing players for the future. also it makes Canberra United a more attractive prospect for new signings.
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:23 pm
two words to all problems with canberra football...Heather Reid.
Nonno Gomes
Nonno Gomes

Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:25 pm
aleague4canberra wrote:two words to all problems with canberra football...Heather Reid.

That's what i've been saying before you started playing football!
Joey47
Joey47

Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:16 am
Nonno Gomes wrote:why can't we (as in capital football) organise some sort of temporary accommodation during the season for these guys??? the season is 10 games long (i'm div 4 and my season is longer than that, double in fact!). surely the ACT being a wealthy place all around could do something to help the players and hence save time effort and money in securing players for the future. also it makes Canberra United a more attractive prospect for new signings.

Capital Football need to sort that out. That is poor that people go traipsing off to Northern Territory and only come back for the games.

Also how bloody short is the season. The season is way to short that it is beyond a joke. And it is even worse that you play some teams only once and others twice. And we happened to play the champions twice in regular season games.
teddybear

Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:56 am
It is likely that the new season will be 14 rounds, playing each team twice, away and at home and then finals in December. Just wish they would hurry up and announce coach and sign players and get it locked in. Not fun for the players waiting around wondering if they will be signed and what is happening.
Nonno Gomes
Nonno Gomes

Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:07 am
teddybear wrote:It is likely that the new season will be 14 rounds, playing each team twice, away and at home and then finals in December. Just wish they would hurry up and announce coach and sign players and get it locked in. Not fun for the players waiting around wondering if they will be signed and what is happening.

here here, there's nothing worse than waiting in limbo, especially for the young players this is their future!
Chris1822
Chris1822

Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:12 am
wish list

sign hooker
sack mcdonell
resign chappy, brush, munoz, kiting, cian maj...
teddybear

Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:06 am
agree with sack mcdonnell. Mowbray needs to go too.

Keep Munoz, Gill, Chappy and Cian in the middle, put A Sykes on the wing, and get some new forwards. keep Slatyer, Brush, Walters, studman and maybe Kiting and N Sykes as reserves in the back. Don't need Davis. Crawford was good in the middle if she is not injured. Needs to be fitter to play a whole game. Keep Williams and Blasch in goals, but give Blasch some time on the field to get experience in case she is really needed one day.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:59 am
i'm a fan of the idea of putting sykes on the wing.

but where will we get the forwards from?
Nonno Gomes
Nonno Gomes

Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:33 pm
aleague4canberra wrote:i'm a fan of the idea of putting sykes on the wing.

i'll tell you where! Belwest womens fed cup team, they've won it two years running. Go West lol! that's were Cian comes from they've got pedigree
Joey47
Joey47

Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:25 pm
Nonno Gomes wrote:
aleague4canberra wrote:i'm a fan of the idea of putting sykes on the wing.

i'll tell you where! Belwest womens fed cup team, they've won it two years running. Go West lol! that's were Cian comes from they've got pedigree

Yea, we played the Belwest Premier League womens team on Thursday and they had some really good players.
Joey47
Joey47

Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:07 pm
Bec Kiting got called into the young matildas squad, for all those doubters of hers. Sash McDonnell made the squad for some international squad.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:06 pm
sash mcdonnel interationl squad?

i want her to leave so then we can do that chant when she plays in canberra:

sash mcdonnel...canberra reject
Joey47
Joey47

Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:53 am
^^^^^^

Yea I read in the paper yesterday. It said most of United players made some type of international. Not sure if it is MAtildas or young matildas.
teddybear

Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:42 am
Walters, Studman and both Sykes girls have been in the Young Matilda squad for some time. Walters and A Sykes went on tour with the Promising Matildas and then Walters, A Sykes and Studman went to Malaysia with the Young Matildas last year for the Asian Cup qualifier which is why they missed a couple of rounds of the W League. Studman and the Sykes girls have been training in some senior Matilda camps. Kiting has been called in along with a lot of other w league girls to the young matilda camp to trial.
teddybear

Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:43 am
Yea, good news about the number of internationals in the Canberra United squad. It is a mixture of Young Matilda and Matilda squads. 14 out of 20 is pretty good!!
Chris1822
Chris1822

Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:12 pm
i think if we get a decent striker we could just take home the title.

i want a home semi at the least.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum