Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crowd Figures?

+18
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
xEAx
the head
Raider_United
Gerrards_Homies808
Toby
millonario
thom_canberra
Alex351
cufc_cc
brettles
Raven88
arinceo
Nico
Joey47
choice bro cheers
Admin_Capital Punishment
Chris1822
22 posters
Go down
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Crowd Figures? - Page 2 Empty Re: Crowd Figures?

Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:59 pm
I think something else that we're all forgetting is that the season we get accepted will be 2010, straight after the world cup. And hopefully if the socceroos do well, our crowds will be bumped up another couple of K in the first season.
Alex351
Alex351
Other football teams : Real Madrid, Reading and Southport

Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:09 pm
aleague4canberra wrote:I think something else that we're all forgetting is that the season we get accepted will be 2010, straight after the world cup. And hopefully if the socceroos do well, our crowds will be bumped up another couple of K in the first season.

I totally agree!
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:13 pm
Yea and nthe key to great crowds will be whether we have good prices and whether the ticket prices and season tickets are too expensive.

I think this year and late last year the crowds at Brumbies and Raiders have been good, and that is with highly expensive ticket prices.

We also need to get junior footballer passes to the games
Toby
Toby

Tue May 05, 2009 3:39 pm
I think around the 15000 mark if we were winning the league then full house is possible. Another thing that would help constant crowd members if the dedicated fans (ie us) were able to get many on board and percieved as friendly (rather then louts)
Gerrards_Homies808
Gerrards_Homies808
Other football teams : Liverpool F.C.& Celtic F.C.

Tue May 05, 2009 4:57 pm
Well im thinkin that there is a few things that will come into play
Game days and times
ticket price
and also the weather.
Gerrards_Homies808
Gerrards_Homies808

Tue May 05, 2009 4:59 pm
See repeating what Aleague4Canberra and i happen to know that he goes to every Home Raiders game as well so his stats are correct but i think that if we will get between 5-8k.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Tue May 05, 2009 5:04 pm
Tobster wrote:Another thing that would help constant crowd members if the dedicated fans (ie us) were able to get many on board and percieved as friendly (rather then louts)

very good point, the raiders army (nothing against them) but they just take it too far, they use their passion in a way that makes them look like nothing more than a bunch of drunk guys who scream at the ref. this is only recently however they used to be about the rugby league now i just don't know anymore. Cry
Joey47
Joey47

Tue May 05, 2009 5:14 pm
aleague4canberra wrote:
Tobster wrote:Another thing that would help constant crowd members if the dedicated fans (ie us) were able to get many on board and percieved as friendly (rather then louts)

very good point, the raiders army (nothing against them) but they just take it too far, they use their passion in a way that makes them look like nothing more than a bunch of drunk guys who scream at the ref. this is only recently however they used to be about the rugby league now i just don't know anymore. Cry

Um.....

Have you ever been to an away game ANYWHERE. Every supporters group in any football code(except for Rugby Union) scream at the refs and yell. That is what makes a supporters group. Australian supporters group in EVERY CODE (except for Rugby Union :lol: ) have drunken supporters yelling at the ref. Every team.

I hate when they are drunk and just yapping at the ref all day but that is the same with every code, every team. It is an Australian culture.

BTW, I am not being bias but Raiders Army are probably the most passionate in the business ATM. All you have to look at is the amount of people that go up to away games. Just look at the army against Titans up at GC.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Tue May 05, 2009 5:40 pm
^^^^^^^^

what i'm saying is that we don't have to be like that, we could be a dignified army.

i'm not doubting the raiders army passion i'm just saying that they don't channel their passion for the right purposes.

and it's not just at the refs, some of the racial slurs towards the dsogs fans were uncalled for.
Joey47
Joey47

Tue May 05, 2009 5:44 pm
aleague4canberra wrote:^^^^^^^^

what i'm saying is that we don't have to be like that, we could be a dignified army.

i'm not doubting the raiders army passion i'm just saying that they don't channel their passion for the right purposes.

and it's not just at the refs, some of the racial slurs towards the dsogs fans were uncalled for.

I am pretty sure that in our army, there will be trouble makers. Whether that be racial insults, flares, or fights, I am sure there will be trouble. I am pretty sure in every army there would be one.

I don't want us to be of course, but you may have to face it there will be.
Raider_United
Raider_United

Tue May 05, 2009 5:59 pm
I can see where both of you are coming from but I have to agree with P2BC. All those things: swearing, racial abuse, drunks are apart of every footballing/rugby league/afl supporters group. I've never sat with the Raiders Army but yea you will have to face it there will be that...
Chris1822
Chris1822

Tue May 05, 2009 8:36 pm
well all i'm saying is that i'd like to preserve the image of the group and try hard to keep out any troublemakers.
the head
the head
Location : Duffy. That's where I live mofo. Where I do my thing.

Wed May 06, 2009 11:16 am
9k average in our first season.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Wed May 06, 2009 1:20 pm
^^^^^^^

no way we'll only get that if we're doing crap in the following seasons.
xEAx
xEAx

Wed May 06, 2009 1:23 pm
i reckon that 20k would be a good AVERAGE out of 350,000 people living in canberra including the Away supporters
Joey47
Joey47

Wed May 06, 2009 4:25 pm
xEAx wrote:i reckon that 20k would be a good AVERAGE out of 350,000 people living in canberra including the Away supporters

I doubt very much we will be averaging 20K. Maybe 14K at most.
the head
the head
Location : Duffy. That's where I live mofo. Where I do my thing.

Thu May 07, 2009 10:00 am
xEAx wrote:i reckon that 20k would be a good AVERAGE out of 350,000 people living in canberra including the Away supporters

20k :x :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: 🐘 :twisted: :twisted: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :x :P :P :P :P :P :P :D :D :) :pale: 👽

I admire your optimism, but I think you're way off the mark.
Toby
Toby

Thu May 07, 2009 10:28 am
Sydney FC usually don't get that.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Thu May 07, 2009 1:13 pm
yeah 20K is very optimistic
Gerrards_Homies808
Gerrards_Homies808

Thu May 07, 2009 1:21 pm

20k? Are you Reatrded? The Raiders have been around for more than 25yrs and they average 13k and there preety popular in Canberra. I thnk we should be happy with 10k let alone 20k. :lol!:
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
Other football teams : Leeds United, AFC Wimbledon

Sun May 10, 2009 3:47 pm
Alex351 wrote:The ticket prices should be realistic and if they can get that right along with lots of advertising we will get crowds from 14,000 to 18,000.
They need to get ticket prices right.

Yep, they should have tickets a lot cheaper than raiders or brumbies tickets (which are $25 for an adult in the bowl) they should make tickets at least $5 cheaper than what they are at rugby games. Plus, we'll probably get 10 - 15k for the games against bad clubs but against melbourne and sydney we'll probs get around 18 - 22k
Galileo
Galileo

Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:17 pm
Firstly, I really think that we can average good crowds of 13,000.

Summer in Canberra really is one of the best places to visit in Australia at that time of year and hopefully th Canberra public will like it.

Also, Canberra is in a good destination for away fans to come to the matches. Sydney FC, Melbourne Victory, Melbourne 2, Central Coast and Newcastle armies will all come to matches.

But the one obstacle is the ticket prices REALLY NEED TO BE AT A STANDARD PRICE. Raiders tickets for an adult is $25 and you will not get families coming to the games.

Some of you people are being very pessimistic by saying 8,000.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:25 pm
yeah just thinking about it the brumbies get 15k averages so in the first season when there is huge excitement i think that is a very possible figure.
Raider_United
Raider_United

Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:43 pm
Yea, I see no reasn why we can't get 13,000+ crowds. Some are being pessimistic.
(::FAQ::)
(::FAQ::)

Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:50 pm
Galileo wrote:Firstly, I really think that we can average good crowds of 13,000.

Summer in Canberra really is one of the best places to visit in Australia at that time of year and hopefully th Canberra public will like it.

Also, Canberra is in a good destination for away fans to come to the matches. Sydney FC, Melbourne Victory, Melbourne 2, Central Coast and Newcastle armies will all come to matches.

But the one obstacle is the ticket prices REALLY NEED TO BE AT A STANDARD PRICE. Raiders tickets for an adult is $25 and you will not get families coming to the games.

Some of you people are being very pessimistic by saying 8,000.

Agree 100% and yes the way we will get this is to lower ticket prices. The Raiders ticket prices are prettty bad.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum