Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Western Sydney- You are a JOKE! Empty Western Sydney- You are a JOKE!

Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:24 am
Western Sydney Bid Unveiled

THE REBADGED Greater Western Sydney A-League bid meets FFA today with a plan to make their franchise one for the people of Sydney and with a base at ANZ Stadium.

The Greater Western Sydney catchment area is an evolution of the Premier State concept launched some months ago, say bid representatives.

The bid claims$3 million guaranteed income in season one and a market place in excess of two million people in their targeted demographic.

The bid plans to play home A-League games at ANZ Stadium and GW Sydney will be ready to join the A-League from the 2010/11 season, say backers.

"The bid is driven by the football community," says bid representative Chris Tanner. "It's a club for the people, players, schools, clubs, state league clubs, the whole product is designed to service the needs of the football community," he told au.fourfourtwo.com.

It's understood a meeting at ANZ Stadium last Friday thrashed out the bid's major points.

Tanner also rejected the notion that ANZ Stadium would be too big a venue for the franchise, saying plans are already in place to ramp up the stadium's game-day experience for the A-League.

It's understood a lucrative hire agreement with the stadium is set to be signed should the bid succeed. They propose however to also play other games across Sydney similar to Sydney FC's pre-season community "tour".

Joining Tanner on the bid are two former footballers. Richie Williams and Peter Begley. Williams is a former Marconi player from the 1980s and the pair have since moved into the business-building line of work.

"The opportunity to build a football business model like this is something Chris and I had discussed many years ago when we were building a semi-professional competition in western NSW" said Williams.

"In fact, the concept is not dissimilar to what we did before. It's around a game that inspires and brings life to people, and is developed around community involvement.

"We would like to bring a business model that integrates the community, schools, associations and clubs."

Other specifics of the bid are being kept in-house but some ground-breaking announcements are expected later in the week.

Other points to the bid include:

a model where marketing revenue involves partner beneficiaries such as district associations, state league clubs and schools
a women's football academy running side-by-side with a men's academy in each participating district association
management and education of coaches and elite players in co-operation with state league club partners.

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/104480,western-sydney-bid-unveiled.aspx
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Western Sydney- You are a JOKE! Empty Re: Western Sydney- You are a JOKE!

Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:28 am
Western Sydney- You are a JOKE! Laughing

Bloody Hell. I nearly fell off my chair when I heard about this!

ANZ STADIUM!!!! Are they for real?

ANZ Stadium holds 84,000 people, and the guy says this will ramp up the game day experience... I'm sorry but what are they doing?

Parramatta or Penrith Stadium are perfect.

ANZ is ages away from the heart of Western Sydney- parramata.

Anyway, looks like they might get over the line.....
the head
the head
Location : Duffy. That's where I live mofo. Where I do my thing.

Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:06 am
What a shame.
the head
the head
Location : Duffy. That's where I live mofo. Where I do my thing.

Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:09 am
thom_canberra
thom_canberra
Other football teams : Ajax, Bolton

Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:40 pm
This SMH article puts the expansion in a good perspective "the head", I dont think western Sydney deserve a team yet and Sydney FC can barely make SFS look half full, so how would WS go in ANZ??

Canberra is ready!
everything is perfect in our bid,
Come on FFA, use your brains
thom_canberra
thom_canberra

Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:58 pm
Another thought,
If the FFA wants a new rectangular World Cup stadium with temporary 40,000 seating, in a different city to Sydney or Melbourne, they should really support the Canberra A-League bid!!!
Nobby

Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:36 pm
Those of us who have been around for a while would recognize the name Chris "Still Waiting" Tanner.
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:11 pm
no direct quotes once again from that article. just the journo saying that WS are the first choice something we've known from the start
thom_canberra
thom_canberra

Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:31 pm
I wasnt talking about your article I was talking about the SMH one.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:15 am
as was i
Chris1822
Chris1822

Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:41 pm
people on other forums are now complaining that they won't support a western sydney team based at homebush because it's too far to drive and public transport isn't good to there.

i'd go out and watch a canberra a-league team every week if even if they played at seiffert in queanbeyan.

jesus christ, some people
Rash Challenge
Rash Challenge

Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:02 am
Nobby wrote:Those of us who have been around for a while would recognize the name Chris "Still Waiting" Tanner.

Yes Nobby, I had a chuckle to myself when I saw Chris Tanner's name was involved. If anything, his involvement has made me even more confident that that particular West Sydney bid is all talk and no trousers.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:23 pm
well if we go through the western sydney bids we have:

lucas neill's bid: which won't get in because a) lucas neill isn't a businessman, b) lucas neill isn't working full time with the bid

Joe meissner bid: joe has been caught up in some scandal which involved him buying blacktown (i think it was) stadium and making the blacktown club pay all these extra costs or something to that effect (it was on 442)

chris tanner: with his CV with the cosmos i'm not sure the FFA want to go with him for their wonderchild (western sydney)
(::FAQ::)
(::FAQ::)

Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:06 pm
aleague4canberra wrote:well if we go through the western sydney bids we have:

lucas neill's bid: which won't get in because a) lucas neill isn't a businessman, b) lucas neill isn't working full time with the bid

Joe meissner bid: joe has been caught up in some scandal which involved him buying blacktown (i think it was) stadium and making the blacktown club pay all these extra costs or something to that effect (it was on 442)

chris tanner: with his CV with the cosmos i'm not sure the FFA want to go with him for their wonderchild (western sydney)

Source? Because I heard these were cleared up.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:36 pm
couldn't find the source but it was on 442
Toby
Toby

Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:09 pm
Damn I went all the way to Newcastle for the girls semi final... damn sydney sider's and their sheer laziness.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:22 am
^^^^^^^^^^

damn right!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum