Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
(::FAQ::)

To form a Lethal Army, everyone needs to get involved... Empty To form a Lethal Army, everyone needs to get involved...

Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:31 pm
I will most likely be a W-league games, but if we want to be a great army we will need to get involved and chip in money to make banners, drums etc.

What i really like are those big blanket kind of things that go over everyone. Only problem is it will cost a bit... but it is great. You can have canberra United logo on it or Capital Punishment on it.

Also, is there any talk about a banner with the Capital Punishment Logo?

If we all get involved we will be a great army and we will make McKellar one where the opposition will get pissed off with all the noise.
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

To form a Lethal Army, everyone needs to get involved... Empty Re: To form a Lethal Army, everyone needs to get involved...

Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:17 pm
damn right raiderscampese6.

a banner with the capital punishment logo was always the plan but there are just no logistics to it really. i mean how would we get the logo onto the sheet? spray paint?

the only way would be to get a poster size copy of the logo and paste it on with super glue, but is that possible?

as for a drum, we've been trying to find one for a while now but there aren't any ones that we want. if someone has a drum that would be awesome.

love the attitude raiderscampese6
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

To form a Lethal Army, everyone needs to get involved... Empty Re: To form a Lethal Army, everyone needs to get involved...

Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:37 am
Here, here.

Even if that does mean putting in a few bucks hopefully we can make stuff like banners.

Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:04 pm
Jeez... I thought others would get invloved to
Wil

To form a Lethal Army, everyone needs to get involved... Empty snare drum or so at McKellar

Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:21 pm
I suggest going to s/hand shops, like Cash Converters. A friend of mine got a drum from them in the Cosmos days, did not cost that much, depends on the condition of the drum.
Joey47
Joey47

Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:34 pm
Wil wrote:I suggest going to s/hand shops, like Cash Converters. A friend of mine got a drum from them in the Cosmos days, did not cost that much, depends on the condition of the drum.

I looked at the Cash Converters at Woden but there was nothing there.
Wil

Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:25 pm
May have to look every now and again at second hand shops/C. Conv. as they get new stuff all the time.
Joey47
Joey47

Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:50 pm
^^^^

are there any second hand shops in Canberra preferably cheap music stores?
Toby
Toby

Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:52 pm
Yeah that sounds like a great idea.. it would be really good if we could unify the army and create a solo canberra united and a-league army. I think that would help get people to both events and make the army really strong. As for banners I still have the banner I took to Sydney which says "Capital Punishment - give us a sentance liscence" with the word sentance crossed out in red. I will voluntarily give it over to the army leader of they want it. As for drums I would like to model our army on the Red Diamonds army or the Kawasaki Frontale army.. they have 4 guys at the front of the stadium banging away the entire game whilst the army behind them sing and do all the chants in tune to the drums... what you think??
Joey47
Joey47

Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:00 pm
^^^^

Tobster, that soounds good but MAY have to wait for the A-League team to do that (we can try). You gonna be at the W-League games?
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:09 pm
Tobster wrote:Yeah that sounds like a great idea.. it would be really good if we could unify the army and create a solo canberra united and a-league army. I think that would help get people to both events and make the army really strong. As for banners I still have the banner I took to Sydney which says "Capital Punishment - give us a sentance liscence" with the word sentance crossed out in red. I will voluntarily give it over to the army leader of they want it. As for drums I would like to model our army on the Red Diamonds army or the Kawasaki Frontale army.. they have 4 guys at the front of the stadium banging away the entire game whilst the army behind them sing and do all the chants in tune to the drums... what you think??

just on copying urawa, we tried last year with our huge flag to go right to the edge of the field and do the thing they do but it's pretty tiring .
Joey47
Joey47

Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:13 pm
^^^^

those flags weren't even that big.

The ones tha the J-League teams have are MASSIVE, GIANT and they also use just plastic poles. we used wooden ones.
Toby
Toby

Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:37 pm
Hey just call me Toby, I screwed up when first trying to get on the website which is why i am under Tobster. Obviously I meant copying Urawa for the A-league games as the W league support is too small and isn't appropriate. The reason why I think following their path is because they are simply the most outstanding supporters in Asia and it does not exist in the A-league. I agree it is really tiring but maybe you can swap over with someone else every 15-20 or when appropriate. It really does make the atmosphere electrifying though and intimidates the away support. I am currently overseas until November though I will be back in Australia and Canberra for August so if the W-league has started by then ill come watch the girls. Otherwise i'll come watch them in November.

Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:13 am
Yea, the J-League model is good to follow. Massive flags near the sideline with drums and horns. That would actually be really sick.

please note: DO NOT FOLLOW THE SOUTH AFRICAN MODEL OF SUPPORTING. Those horns really give me the shits.
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
Other football teams : Leeds United, AFC Wimbledon

Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:33 pm
In the AFL... the supporter groups all meet up somewhere and make big banners etc.

Why dont we organise something like that somewhere.. then we could have everyone there and we could also practice chants etc???
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
Other football teams : Leeds United, AFC Wimbledon

Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:34 pm
RaidersCampese6 wrote:

please note: DO NOT FOLLOW THE SOUTH AFRICAN MODEL OF SUPPORTING. Those horns really give me the shits.

lol
Toby
Toby

Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:13 pm
JohnLovesCanberraUnited wrote:In the AFL... the supporter groups all meet up somewhere and make big banners etc.

Why dont we organise something like that somewhere.. then we could have everyone there and we could also practice chants etc???

OH YEAH backyard chanting..... now thats a hoot!! Woot!
Joey47
Joey47

Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:07 pm
I think for this years W-League, we need to make a lot more banners. Last year there were only 3:

-Capital Punishment
-Capital Hill
-Hit the MunNOZ
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum