Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
(::FAQ::)

AIS join Youth League Empty AIS join Youth League

Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:39 pm
AIS Join The National Youth League

EXCLUSIVE: The Australian Institute of Sport will be the newcomers to the FFA's National Youth League when it kicks off again in September.

au.fourfourtwo.com can exclusively reveal the Canberra home of the nation's elite young sports stars will be the latest addition to the NYL set-up to eliminate the need for a bye each round this season.

The team will play in an all-white strip both home and away - and can't wait for the competition to start.

"It's not quite a Real Madrid strip as it's not got the adidas strips obviously but it's pretty similar," revealed AIS football programme manager Mark Pepper.

The team will be primarily coached by the AIS Dutch guru Jan Versleijen...but recently departed Newcastle Jets boss Gary van Egmond could be the main man on the sidelines for much of the season in his new coaching role at the AIS.

"Jan is the head coach but he is away so often that Gary will probably be in charge for many of the games - but I'm not sure he actually knows that yet!" revealed Pepper. "We haven't seen him yet."

As well as the chance for van Egmond to face up to his former club, the AIS's inclusion will also give Sydney FC youth coach - and former AIS football chief - Steve O'Connor a chance to pit his latest lads against his former employer too.

The AIS team will draw on the full resources of the football department at the AIS and has a squad of 26 players including 'keepers to draw on, as the AIS has no senior team to supplement the squad, unlike their A-League-based rivals.

Although the FFA has yet to reveal full detals of next year's NYL season, it's understood this year will see a major move away from the shortened season of last year.

A draft fixture list has the NYL playing from September through all the FIFA international dates as well as Christmas and New Year, with a final to coincide with the senior A-League competition.

However the long season may cause some problems for the AIS as it runs on a school year - and the end of the scholarship year will come in the middle of the NYL season.

"We are pretty excited," said Pepper. "It's a fantastic opportunty for the AIS.

"Previously we have been playing in senior competitions where it would be fair to say our guys, while more skilled, were muscled out the game.

"They were more concerned about the physical side instead of demonstrating their technique which is very much Jan's focus.

"They are as good as anyone and need to go out and be technically good and not worry about the size of the opposition."

He added: "To have this exposure and have a national competition is just fantastic. We are looking forward to the challenge, to being involved and to showcasing our talent."

Have YOUR say - What do you think about "AIS Join The National Youth League"? Tell us NOW in the comment section below.

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/106863,ais-join-the-national-youth-league.aspx
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

AIS join Youth League Empty Re: AIS join Youth League

Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:36 pm
awesome news, just a few questions.

where will they play?

will canberra field a youth team when we get in?

will canberra get behind this team?
Toby
Toby

Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:21 pm
This is great news for Canberra. Although im scared maybe they have decided to bring this team instead of a Canberra A league team which would set up the youngsters in Canberra without having a Canberra team...
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:42 am
Yea, i don't know what to think about it TBH. Maybe they are just making us settle for the two lower "tiers": W-League and Youth League?
Galileo
Galileo

Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:07 am
Yea, good news but I agree with the above 2 comments that it is a bit of concern.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:42 am
i don't think that this has anything to do with the canberra bid whatsoever, rather this move by the FFA is purely for the young talents of this country at the AIS to play in a stronger competition.
Joey47
Joey47

Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:07 am
Yea, I think that is all it is: The top youngsters playing in a youth league. I don't think it would have anything to do wih the bid.
Toby
Toby

Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:51 pm
I'm not convinced.. it sets the Canberra region up nicely for what it offers (ie the female game and the youth..) yet doesn't mean we have to hold a senior male team. I reckon the FFA have thought this through though maybe I am reading way into it..
Joey47
Joey47

Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:56 am
TBH, I have really no idea what to think.

Is it a sign or isn't it?
Chris1822
Chris1822

Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:52 am
NO!!

far out you'se are all so paranoid about this, it's got nothing to do with the canberra bid, once again it's just to help grow the best youth in the country in a betterenvironment.

Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:30 pm
aleague4canberra wrote:NO!!

far out you'se are all so paranoid about this, it's got nothing to do with the canberra bid, once again it's just to help grow the best youth in the country in a betterenvironment.

How do you know? it could be. You saying that there will be two Canberra based team?
Thebid

Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:12 pm
The AIS in the Youth League had nothing to do with a Canberra bid, purely these AIS, the best in Oz, 15 and 16 year olds need somewhere to play.

Canberra A-League has budgeted for it's own Youth team, which will be 17-21 year olds and will mainly be made up of Canberran's and players from the broader region. And this should give the club a constant supply of the best players, developed to the best level, able to play professionally.

In fact we should have more players from our region playing professionally than ever before.

Any Canberra player in the AIS, well you'd hoped and think they'd start their professional journey in Canberra, in the A-League particularly given the wages are quite low, so they will probably prefer to live at home etc etc.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:42 pm
Thebid wrote:The AIS in the Youth League had nothing to do with a Canberra bid, purely these AIS, the best in Oz, 15 and 16 year olds need somewhere to play.

Canberra A-League has budgeted for it's own Youth team, which will be 17-21 year olds and will mainly be made up of Canberran's and players from the broader region. And this should give the club a constant supply of the best players, developed to the best level, able to play professionally.

In fact we should have more players from our region playing professionally than ever before.

Any Canberra player in the AIS, well you'd hoped and think they'd start their professional journey in Canberra, in the A-League particularly given the wages are quite low, so they will probably prefer to live at home etc etc.

there you go, i was right.
Toby
Toby

Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:20 am
True enough there would be a massive production rate of quality players in the Canberra region which would be really exciting! :welcome: Does the AIS also have a female section (ie does it develop the 'girls for tomorrow'?).
Thebid

Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:43 am
Don't think the girls live in anymore. They do have a Scholarship program but I think all the players are developed in their NTC's and then come together in camps. A very different, less intensive program.
thom_canberra
thom_canberra
Other football teams : Ajax, Bolton

Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:03 pm
I think this is great news!!
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
Other football teams : Leeds United, AFC Wimbledon

Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:18 pm
they'll probs play at the AIS ground