Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Canberra Boy wins Football Superstar Empty Canberra Boy wins Football Superstar

Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:01 am
Luke Pilkington, who I am 99.9% is a Canberra boy has won a contract with Melbourne Victory by winning Football Superstar.

Well done to him.
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
Other football teams : Leeds United, AFC Wimbledon

Canberra Boy wins Football Superstar Empty Re: Canberra Boy wins Football Superstar

Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:18 am
that shows that Canberra can produce quality players

congrats luke
Toby
Toby

Canberra Boy wins Football Superstar Empty Re: Canberra Boy wins Football Superstar

Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:54 pm
Good luck to him!
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:44 pm
awesome stuff, lets hope he does well is all i can say.
Rash Challenge
Rash Challenge

Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:27 am
Anyone know which club he played for in Canberra?
Joey47
Joey47

Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:35 am
Victory Welcome New Superstar

MELBOURNE Victory boss Ernie Merrick is predicting a bright future for his latest recruit, Football Superstar winner Luke Pilkington.

Canberra student Pilkington was crowned Melbourne Victory's first Football Superstar on Wednesday in the finale of FOX8's hit reality television series, earning himself a one-year contract with the club.

Pilkington, 19, overcame Brisbane duo Christopher Kozionas and Jack Petrie to secure a spot in Melbourne Victory Youth's squad for 2009/10 and a scholarship with Monash University.

"Luke Pilkington is a very respectful, mature and enthusiastic footballer and person," Melbourne Victory coach Ernie Merrick said.

"He brings many strengths to his football, he is technically very good, physically he has speed but also endurance and he is tactically knowledgeable.

"Luke is a left footer, which is hard to find, and he can play in range of positions including left back and left midfield.

"He has a very bright future."

Pilkington will make the journey from Canberra to Melbourne to commence his contract with Melbourne Victory immediately and will continue studying for his sports science degree through his Monash University scholarship.

Football Superstar, hosted by singer/songwriter Brian McFadden and Fox Sports News presenter Lee Furlong, followed the journey of 15 of Australia's finest young footballers as they took part in the opportunity of a lifetime.

Merrick headed up the judging panel alongside Melbourne Victory assistant coach Aaron Healey and Football Superstar mentor Vitale Ferrante as the contestants were put through their paces in a series of physical and mental challenges every week.

One by one the players were eliminated until Pilkington was anointed the ultimate winner and Australia's newest Football Superstar.

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/107830,victory-welcome-new-superstar.aspx
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:15 am
i wonder if he'll get any first team gametime?
cufc_cc
cufc_cc
Other football teams : Leeds Utd

Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:58 pm
Well DOne to him. And best of luck for the future. Maybe he can come back to the Canberra A-League team one day?
Toby
Toby

Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:50 pm
Rash Challenge wrote:Anyone know which club he played for in Canberra?

I don't know but many of Canberra's best come from Belconnen Blue Devils
matildasfan

Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:24 pm
http://www.capitalfootball.com.au/site/news.php?id=200

16.07.09 – Pilkington named Australian Football Superstar
By: Merryn Sherwood
The Canberra Times 16/7/09

As Luke Pilkington walked through the Canberra Centre yesterday afternoon with his mum, a friendly shout out came from across the walkway.

“There was a lady who yelled out, ‘good luck Luke’,” Pilkington’s mum Barbara said last night.
It turns out that Canberra’s latest reality TV star, who has become used to being recognised everywhere he goes in the ACT, didn’t need it.

Because last night, Pilkington could finally tell everyone that he’s this year’s Football Superstar – a reality TV winner and now a professional soccer player with reigning A-League champions Melbourne Victory.

The final episode of series two of the FOX8 program was broadcast last night and around 70 of his friends and family members, including his parents Marc and Barbara and younger siblings, Briony, 17, Sophie, 15, Reid, 12, and Jack, 10, all packed into All Bar Nun after his club ANU organised two televisions to be switched from state of origin to Football Superstar.

The show is basically an Australian Idol for soccer players, with the prize at the end a national youth league contract with the Victory. Out of a top-15 players picked from around Australia, they were pitted against each other until one was left standing.

Last night the crowd at the O’Connor haunt, who had an inkling of the result anyway, erupted when Melbourne coach Ernie Merrick announced Pilkington was his year’s winner.

He beat two Queenslanders, Jack Petrie, 20 and Chris Kozionas, 20, to secure his dream – a professional contract.

It was particularly sweet because in the past year the former MacKillop College student had trialled with two other A-League teams, but wasn’t offered a contract with either.

Now his professional soccer career will get its start next Monday.

He will move to Melbourne and into Monash University residence and start a science degree there on scholarship, which was also part of superstar prize. Then he’ll start training for this year’s A-League season, which starts in August.

The 19-year-old is expecting plenty of pressure with the superstar title. After all, thousands of people have already watched him play, do fitness challenges and even salsa dance on the program, a lot more exposure than any other players on the same level contract at any A-League club.

“There is heaps I have to live up to now,” Pilkington said. “I now have to prove that I’m worth that contract that Ernie has given me. I have to play and prove myself, I can’t live off that title forever, I have to train hard and prove myself.”

Although he still can’t quite believe what’s happened since he first decided to audition in April year.

“There has been all these people recognise me, all the little Kanga Cup kids in the past week have been ‘are you that football superstar guy’,” Pilkington said. “It’s good, but it’s so surreal, I didn’t expect it to happen to me.”

Although his mum always thought he had it in him.

“I was just always quietly confident that he would win it,” Barbara said.
Joey47
Joey47

Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:20 pm

He played for the ANU.
Rash Challenge
Rash Challenge

Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:12 pm
Proud2BeCanberran wrote:

He played for the ANU.

Booooo!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum