Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Canberra Gets A-League football Empty Canberra Gets A-League football

Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:43 pm
Canberra Gets A-League Football

CANBERRA'S claim for A-League inclusion has received another boost with the ACT to host two Central Coast Mariners fixtures next season.

Canberra Stadium will host the yellow and navy in rounds five and 13 of the fast approaching A-League campaign.

The Mariners currently foster close links with football in Canberra through an association with Capital Football. Their current pre-season camp is the third such event in as many seasons, in a bid to expand the Mariners' Canberran fan base and interact with many of the ACT's 17,000-strong base of registered footballers.

On Friday 4 September, these links will grow even closer when Canberra Stadium hosts its historic first ever Hyundai A-League fixture - the Mariners' round five clash against Perth Glory.

Then, on Saturday 31 October, the Central Coast will return to the nation's capital, for a round 13 Halloween clash against Adelaide United.

And Mariners members are set to benefit too, with every Mariners member entitled to a free, reserved seating ticket to either match.

Complimentary tickets for Mariners Members for the round 5 encounter with Perth Glory on Friday 4 September will be available from Monday 13 July, at either the Ticketek outlet at Bluetongue Stadium, or by visiting the Mariners office in Tuggerah during business hours.

Details of the availability of complimentary tickets for the round 13 clash against Adelaide will be made closer to the event.

While Mariners members will pick up free tickets, members of the Canberra Football Family can enjoy a priority booking period on tickets to both matches, which runs until Wednesday 15 July.

Canberra Football Family members will be given a special code to use when booking.

Recently, 20,032 spectators were in attendance at Canberra Stadium for Australia's AFC Asian Cup qualifier against Kuwait - a match that featured Mariners striker Matt Simon - and it is hoped that similarly impressive numbers will return to Canberra's outstanding multi-purpose facility when the Mariners bring their A-League road show to their home away from home in September and October.

These two fixtures will provide the city's football lovers a chance to vote with their feet, their attendance also sure to be seen as a show of support for Canberra's bid for entry into an expanded A-League competition.

Canberra A-League bid leader Ivan Slavich is delighted with the development. He said: "Canberra supporters have already shown outstanding support for football at the recent Socceroos game played at Canberra Stadium; and now fans of football, and sport, across Canberra and the region have further reason to celebrate.

"I'd urge everyone who wants to see a successful Canberra A-League bid to attend both Central Coast Mariners fixtures to be held at Canberra Stadium in coming weeks. A strong crowd will further enhance our bid and progress.

"We are delighted there will be a special offer for all Canberra A-League Foundation Members and fans of football. Foundation Members and fans can show their support for the A-League4Canberra bid and top level football in the region by buying tickets to both games and take advantage of the significant discount prior to Wednesday July 15th.

"Football Federation Australia will be watching the level of interest from the region. And we're expecting a decision on Canberra's A-League bid in next few weeks," said Slavich.

"We must firstly recognise the vision and foresight of Football Federation Australia, the ACT Government and Capital Football, for seizing this unique opportunity to host these two Hyundai A-League fixtures," said Mariners Executive Chairman Lyall Gorman.

"It also gives the A-League for Canberra bid supporters the perfect chance to get behind the game, and further strengthen our support of a truly national competition, with the imminent announcement of the Hyundai A-League's successful 12th franchise.

"This very unique situation will see the Central Coast region showcased to the nation's capital like never before, and the very fact that such an invitation exists in the first place is further vindication of what impact our club has made on the Australian sporting landscape in such a short period of time."

Match and ticket details: Tickets are available from Ticketek at www.ticketek.com.au
Friday 4th September: Central Coast Mariners v Perth Glory (Canberra Stadium)
Sat 31st October: A-League Central Coast Mariners v Adelaide United (Canberra Stadium)

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/107307,canberra-gets-aleague-football.aspx

Last edited by Proud2BeCanberran on Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Joey47
Joey47

Canberra Gets A-League football Empty Re: Canberra Gets A-League football

Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:22 pm
You know what I reckon we should do is that we have our army at these two games...

there will be the CCM army, the Perth army and the Adelaide army and then there is us... that would bloody awesome.

Capital Punishment... put these dates down in your diary.
RealCanberra23
RealCanberra23

Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:36 pm
Don't know whether this is good or bad. It could be bad because the FFA just think, oh the won't be getting a A-League team for a while, so we will just give them these games. Thumbs Down
Thebid

Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:54 pm
We should know by the first game if we are in. Most likely we'll get a prov licence and
If we are hoepfully there will be further interest and boost to the crowd. Of course a v.por crowd could hinder our bid.

Record for Cosmos 5,500 bar the Socceroos game where they got 9,000
Record for A-League pre-season 7,200.

so you'd hope/think we'd beat that.
Toby
Toby

Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:21 pm
"20,032 spectators were in attendance at Canberra Stadium for Australia's AFC Asian Cup qualifier against Kuwait - a match that featured Mariners striker Matt Simon - and it is hoped that similarly impressive numbers will return to Canberra's outstanding multi-purpose facility when the Mariners bring their A-League road show to their home away from home in September and October."

There is the number we need boys... It's a very long shot but we should get the 15000 mark which is going to require us all to be very active. I unfortunately am not in the country in September or October however I will get onto football people I know and spread the word.

I think everyone who can make those games on this forum should form the first Capital Punishment army at these two games by making banners and wearing possible Capital Punishment jerseys (?)..

I'll start spreading the word now..

Smile
CFCCOUK
CFCCOUK
http://www21.sbs.com.au/wgforum

Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:26 pm
As expected. Fark, the first one is the weekend after Im in Canberra for the weekend (29/8, ANU Open day... + my B'day!) and the 2nd takes away a match I would have plausibly gone down to gosford for.

Ahh vell, enjoy them, and dont let us down! :D
Joey47
Joey47

Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:08 pm
Tobster wrote:"20,032 spectators were in attendance at Canberra Stadium for Australia's AFC Asian Cup qualifier against Kuwait - a match that featured Mariners striker Matt Simon - and it is hoped that similarly impressive numbers will return to Canberra's outstanding multi-purpose facility when the Mariners bring their A-League road show to their home away from home in September and October."

There is the number we need boys... It's a very long shot but we should get the 15000 mark which is going to require us all to be very active. I unfortunately am not in the country in September or October however I will get onto football people I know and spread the word.

I think everyone who can make those games on this forum should form the first Capital Punishment army at these two games by making banners and wearing possible Capital Punishment jerseys (?)..

I'll start spreading the word now..

Smile

Good onya Toby. I'll be doing the same. Thumbs Up
Toby
Toby

Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:34 am
I would like to get permission that we use the following paragraph in our bid to get Canberran's to the games. The paragraph fits exactly into a facebook wall and has all the information required. If you have any other ideas then something will have to be cut out (as posting twice isn't convenient and appears long). As I am encouraging people to join this forum I just wanted to get approval first:

"20,032 spectators were in attendance at Canberra Stadium for Australia's AFC Asian Cup qualifier against Kuwait and it is hoped that similarly impressive numbers will return to Canberra's outstanding multi-purpose facility when the Mariners bring their A-League road show to Canberra."

The Capital Punishment Army has begun urging fellow Canberran football fans to set the round 5 clash and round 13 clash in their diaries. The round 5 clash will be Central Coast Mariners v Perth Glory on September 4th and the round 13 clash will be Saturday 31st of October (Central Coast Mariners v Adelaide United). Both games will be held at Canberra stadium. Canberrans are encouraged to turn out to support the Canberra A-league bid as we aim for 15000+. Please forward this to those you know who like football.

Those interested in joining the Capital Punishment Army (or following Canberra A-league bid news and Canberra United W-league news) can come join us at

https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/
Joey47
Joey47

Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:08 am
Tobster wrote:I would like to get permission that we use the following paragraph in our bid to get Canberran's to the games. The paragraph fits exactly into a facebook wall and has all the information required. If you have any other ideas then something will have to be cut out (as posting twice isn't convenient and appears long). As I am encouraging people to join this forum I just wanted to get approval first:

"20,032 spectators were in attendance at Canberra Stadium for Australia's AFC Asian Cup qualifier against Kuwait and it is hoped that similarly impressive numbers will return to Canberra's outstanding multi-purpose facility when the Mariners bring their A-League road show to Canberra."

The Capital Punishment Army has begun urging fellow Canberran football fans to set the round 5 clash and round 13 clash in their diaries. The round 5 clash will be Central Coast Mariners v Perth Glory on September 4th and the round 13 clash will be Saturday 31st of October (Central Coast Mariners v Adelaide United). Both games will be held at Canberra stadium. Canberrans are encouraged to turn out to support the Canberra A-league bid as we aim for 15000+. Please forward this to those you know who like football.

Those interested in joining the Capital Punishment Army (or following Canberra A-league bid news and Canberra United W-league news) can come join us at

https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/

Yep, Toby, go for it. It is good and all that it does is spread the word- which is what the Canberra footballing public want. Very Happy
Galileo
Galileo

Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:44 am
Hopefully we can pull in a good crowd. 11k at least. I won't be able to attend the Perth game unfortunately but I'll be there for the Adelaide game.
Toby
Toby

Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:25 pm
Seeing the price of the tickets (17 dollars) our ambition is difficult I'll drop the bar to 10 000
Alex351
Alex351
Other football teams : Real Madrid, Reading and Southport

Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:22 pm
What do foundation members have to do to get their discount on tickets exactly?? Confused
Nonno Gomes
Nonno Gomes

Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:35 am
that´s all well and good but what i really want to see is ¨Canberra gets A-league Team!¨

and that will defintely bring football here.

so lets go out and spport the a league and show them how much we love football here!
Alex351
Alex351
Other football teams : Real Madrid, Reading and Southport

Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:51 am
Don't worry, I'm definitely going
(::FAQ::)
(::FAQ::)

Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:18 pm
I might be there. A change in plans could result me in going to the first game.
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:46 pm
hell yeah capital punishment will be there in force, where to sit?
Galileo
Galileo

Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:31 pm
This will be mad fun. Can't wait. Succeed or fail this is gonna be great.

Sit behind the goals?
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:51 pm
nah, behind the goals is crap, (partly marketing strategy here because if you can't see the game, how will you be able to discuss in-depth about players performances on the forum?).

i reckon we should sit in the corresponding bay to where the raiders army sit on the same side but in the other one, it's bay 66, we should sit at the bottom of that IMO.

the reason being, we don't want to look like a complete rip-off of the raiders army.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum