A forum for Canberra United supporters to discuss all things football in Canberra

We want you to join the Capital Punishment army on the hill side of McKellar Park, at each and every Canberra United match.
The forum has undergone a revolution... so register and voice your opinion regarding everything football in Canberra.

Areas of Improvement/Season Preview

Joey47
    Ivan Slavich

Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio

Areas of Improvement/Season Preview

Post by Joey47 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:22 am

I know there has been some discussion in other threads about areas of improvement but lets just all bring it in here.
    Where do we need to improve to make us a serious contender for the umcoming season?

IMO, and it is obvious that we need to improve in the striking ranks. ATM, I think the only striker we have is Ashleigh Sykes, and firstly she is no good up front and secondly, she is not suited to that position- more of a midfielder. WE need someone like Lisa De Vanna or Sarah Walsh. Hopefully a big name Matilda. WE need two strikers- not just the one.
    With the loss of Munoz and McDonnell, two Matildas, it is looking like our weak point.

I think we are set in the midfielders wise. With Gill, Cian M., Hogg, Van Egmond and also Ellie Brush playing there if needed; that is our first choice midfielder line-up.

Defence wise, I still think we are lacking a solid defender, who cleans everything at the back. Seems to inexperienced for my liking. At back we have: Brush, Walters, Studman and Bisset. Is Bisset a defender? With that it just lacks a little "spark".

Goalkeeping wise, we are definitely set. Williams is by far the best keeper in the country-even ahead of Barbieri. Any news on a back-up?

TBH, I think this team needs some work on before the season. Only the midfielders am I happy with. With this squad I don't think we can win it.

Therefore, we need two striker- one of which a stand-out and an experienced defender. If that happens, I will be very happy.

mikey_porto
    Ellie Brush

Re: Areas of Improvement/Season Preview

Post by mikey_porto on Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:08 pm

clap Nice post and agree with you in all of it. Spot on.

I think we out a top notch striker, we will go no where near a top 4 finish.
    TheBigMan
    Carl Valeri

Other football teams : Millwall, Chelsea, Valencia, Juventus

Post by TheBigMan on Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:51 pm

good post mate clap
    we're going to have to improve in attack or... Thumbs Down
    Joey47
    Ivan Slavich

Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio

Post by Joey47 on Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:30 am

^^^

That is right. If we don't get some quality strikers we will not win the league.

JohnLovesCanberraUnited
    Ivan Slavich

Other football teams : Leeds United, AFC Wimbledon

Post by JohnLovesCanberraUnited on Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:41 am

ATTACK!!!!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:39 am