Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Areas of Improvement/Season Preview Empty Areas of Improvement/Season Preview

Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:22 am
I know there has been some discussion in other threads about areas of improvement but lets just all bring it in here.
Where do we need to improve to make us a serious contender for the umcoming season?

IMO, and it is obvious that we need to improve in the striking ranks. ATM, I think the only striker we have is Ashleigh Sykes, and firstly she is no good up front and secondly, she is not suited to that position- more of a midfielder. WE need someone like Lisa De Vanna or Sarah Walsh. Hopefully a big name Matilda. WE need two strikers- not just the one.
With the loss of Munoz and McDonnell, two Matildas, it is looking like our weak point.

I think we are set in the midfielders wise. With Gill, Cian M., Hogg, Van Egmond and also Ellie Brush playing there if needed; that is our first choice midfielder line-up.

Defence wise, I still think we are lacking a solid defender, who cleans everything at the back. Seems to inexperienced for my liking. At back we have: Brush, Walters, Studman and Bisset. Is Bisset a defender? With that it just lacks a little "spark".

Goalkeeping wise, we are definitely set. Williams is by far the best keeper in the country-even ahead of Barbieri. Any news on a back-up?

TBH, I think this team needs some work on before the season. Only the midfielders am I happy with. With this squad I don't think we can win it.

Therefore, we need two striker- one of which a stand-out and an experienced defender. If that happens, I will be very happy.
mikey_porto
mikey_porto

Areas of Improvement/Season Preview Empty Re: Areas of Improvement/Season Preview

Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:08 pm
clap Nice post and agree with you in all of it. Spot on.

I think we out a top notch striker, we will go no where near a top 4 finish.
TheBigMan
TheBigMan
Other football teams : Millwall, Chelsea, Valencia, Juventus

Areas of Improvement/Season Preview Empty Re: Areas of Improvement/Season Preview

Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:51 pm
good post mate clap
we're going to have to improve in attack or... Thumbs Down
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:30 pm
^^^

That is right. If we don't get some quality strikers we will not win the league.
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
Other football teams : Leeds United, AFC Wimbledon

Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:41 am
ATTACK!!!!!!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum