Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Galileo
Galileo

Western Sydney have Failure written all over it Empty Western Sydney have Failure written all over it

Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:12 am
Yes, they may have a reasonably big fan base and is the "heart" of the football nation but they way they have started is a sign that things could turn pear-shaped.

Western Sydney have no real financial backer, just ANZ Stadium, the FFA and a FEW private investors.

The FFA backing them, that really does not spell for good times ahead, especially when they haven't even played a game yet.

Second: Playing at ANZ- and I'm not just saying this because of the atmosphere, but what the crowd will be. I used to live in Penrith and by God was it a hassle to get to ANZ. Has the bidding team really thought this through?

Third: They haven't been given enough time. Simple as that.

Fourth: The signs are there that the board will have lots of fall-outs. We have already had 2 contriversies and the team hasn't even kicked a ball yet.

In summary, I cannot see Western Sydney a great success.
Raider_United
Raider_United

Western Sydney have Failure written all over it Empty Re: Western Sydney have Failure written all over it

Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:00 am
Hell yes... I actually agree with this.

I don't see how Western Sydney is going to be any different to Central Coast. We have seen with their NRL crowds when Parra and Penrith are doing rubbish how bad the crowds can get.

When they haven't been run well from the ground up, it looks as though it much a failure.
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Western Sydney have Failure written all over it Empty Re: Western Sydney have Failure written all over it

Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:15 pm
I also agree. Just because of this heartland crap- they have so far started off terribly.
Toby
Toby

Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:07 pm
I reckon that team will start slowly but the crowds will build.. their biggest issue will be getting locals to like that team..
Golden_CU
Golden_CU
Other football teams : Bradford City

Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:48 pm
I agree with Toby. I don't reckon they will be a total failure. I reckon they will start off VERY shaky but within 3 years will be genuine contenders.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum