Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Please ACT Government! Empty Please ACT Government!

Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:55 pm
ACT Government,

On behalf of all football supporters in Canberra we hope that you continue to fund the Canberra A-League bid.

Without the government, we will not have a bid and I am very concerned that they will pull out. What good will it do?
RealCanberra23
RealCanberra23

Please ACT Government! Empty Re: Please ACT Government!

Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:17 pm
I'm sure they will be pressured into it from the FFA. So my bet is they still will.
benoncehobbled

Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:15 am
I'm not so sure that we should continue to require the government to prop us up. We need to be a well-financed bid without the need for public monies. If FFA set a provisional date for Canberra to enter the league, then the bid team could work towards obtaining complete financial independence by that time.
the head
the head
Location : Duffy. That's where I live mofo. Where I do my thing.

Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:27 am
benoncehobbled wrote:I'm not so sure that we should continue to require the government to prop us up. We need to be a well-financed bid without the need for public monies. If FFA set a provisional date for Canberra to enter the league, then the bid team could work towards obtaining complete financial independence by that time.

Bingo. A provisional license would really open up the door for investment.
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:56 am
Government funding>>>>>>>>Investor funding.

once the government promise money, they aren't gonna back down from it.

Whereas a business could go broke or all sorts of things could happen.
Toby
Toby

Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:39 pm
The problem isn't really the initial capital as much as the continual costs.. We DO need a company or an individual who is willing to sponsor us that will keep us out of the red or the problems adelaide, NQF, Brisbane are facing.. thats no easy task and probably the hardest thing for our bid..
(::FAQ::)
(::FAQ::)

Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:52 pm
Toby wrote:The problem isn't really the initial capital as much as the continual costs.. We DO need a company or an individual who is willing to sponsor us that will keep us out of the red or the problems adelaide, NQF, Brisbane are facing.. thats no easy task and probably the hardest thing for our bid..

OF course we need some solid companies but the ACT Government will always be there for us, if we find ourselves in need of some money.

That is the advantage we have over every other A-League team.
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:26 pm
Government funding is a whole lot more important, if you hzve it, then investor funding. We have one MASSIVE advantage if we have the government.

You may not think it is that big, but it could really be a defining factor into the decision. We should be VERY thankful that they have pledged to the bid.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum