Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Government support keeps Canberra bid safe Empty Government support keeps Canberra bid safe

Wed May 06, 2009 5:39 pm
The financial crisis could help bring top-flight soccer to the capital, according to Canberra A-League bid leader Ivan Slavich. Canberra is bidding for a place in the 2010-11 A-League season against the NSW South Coast, western Sydney and Tasmania. But the downturn is making it hard for bidding clubs to pin down investors.
Established clubs Brisbane and Adelaide are also struggling, with the Roar needing help with operating costs and the Reds struggling to find sponsors.

Despite this the A-League says it will not slow down its aggressive plans for expansion. Slavich believes the situation will play into the hands of Canberra as the A-League bid has the support of the ACT Government to the tune of $2.5million.''I don't think the other bids have got the same Government support as we do and it certainly does differentiate us from the other bids,'' Slavich said.

''The current economic climate does make it harder to attract and obtain the investor funding and I think the Government commitment and funding is more important than ever because of that. I believe having the Government support assists us more than anything.''Minister for Sport Andrew Barr said the ACT Government was committed to supporting the Canberra A-League bid, despite it not appearing in the 2009-10 Budget unveiled yesterday.

For more, pick up a copy of today’s Canberra Times.

----------------------------------------------------------

there was more but that's all that the canberra times site is showing.

---------------------------------

sounds very promising
Toby
Toby

Government support keeps Canberra bid safe Empty Re: Government support keeps Canberra bid safe

Thu May 07, 2009 12:36 am
Indeed it does! As long as Melissa Fisher isn't loosing too much in the financial fiasco.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Government support keeps Canberra bid safe Empty Re: Government support keeps Canberra bid safe

Thu May 07, 2009 7:35 am
i don't think fischer is even involved with us anymore after that fiasco with altona.
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Thu May 07, 2009 7:54 am
Yea, there was an article not that long ago that said Melissa Fischer has broken down from talks with the Canberra and the South Coast bids.
the head
the head
Location : Duffy. That's where I live mofo. Where I do my thing.

Thu May 07, 2009 9:56 am
Proud2BeCanberran wrote:Yea, there was an article not that long ago that said Melissa Fischer has broken down from talks with the Canberra and the South Coast bids.

Although by all reports she's an idiot. I would have liked to get some of her money.
Toby
Toby

Thu May 07, 2009 10:30 am
Oh really? Well I missed that, so where is the Canberra bid getting its money from? Sure gov gives some but where is the rest?
Chris1822
Chris1822

Thu May 07, 2009 1:14 pm
slavich is getting tonnes of local investors
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Thu May 07, 2009 3:38 pm
Tobster wrote:Oh really? Well I missed that, so where is the Canberra bid getting its money from? Sure gov gives some but where is the rest?

Slavich has heaps of investors, a lottery could be going on, Government, plus foundation memberships.
the head
the head
Location : Duffy. That's where I live mofo. Where I do my thing.

Thu May 07, 2009 4:25 pm
Tobster wrote:Oh really? Well I missed that, so where is the Canberra bid getting its money from? Sure gov gives some but where is the rest?

My TransACT bill is paying for our Marquee.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Thu May 07, 2009 5:08 pm
^^^^^^^^^^
lol
Toby
Toby

Fri May 08, 2009 12:57 am
You would think that they would still require one massive financial backer?
(::FAQ::)
(::FAQ::)

Fri May 08, 2009 8:55 am
Tobster wrote:You would think that they would still require one massive financial backer?

yea, that is what I thought.

Well we have 2.5 million from the government
2000 Foundation memberships: $400,000
Financial backers: 1.4 million

That leaves 1.7 million needed.

Plus the possible lottery.

This isn't the greatest sign if we need to host a lottery to get money...

:|
Chris1822
Chris1822

Fri May 08, 2009 4:45 pm
how much would a lottery make us? any guesses?
Toby
Toby

Fri May 08, 2009 6:03 pm
but how does this bid even have any financial security without one main backer? Continual costs etc, we would end up like Adelaide United and Brisbane Roar (ie being caretaken by FFA)
Chris1822
Chris1822

Fri May 08, 2009 6:07 pm
yeah that's exactly right tobster, we need one "messiah" with lots of money.
Raider_United
Raider_United

Fri May 08, 2009 6:40 pm
^^^^

Like with Adelaide, they have Bianco's company. With us it is Slavich's company TransACT.
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
Other football teams : Leeds United, AFC Wimbledon

Sun May 10, 2009 4:36 pm
good old government
come in at the right times to help
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum