Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ashleigh Sykes- What to do with her?

+8
Galileo
Joey47
southside
footballfan
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
cufc_cc
Chris1822
Raider_United
12 posters
Go down

Where does A Sykes belong in the team?

1 - 8%
7 - 54%
1 - 8%
4 - 30%

Total Votes: 13

Raider_United
Raider_United

Ashleigh Sykes- What to do with her? Empty Ashleigh Sykes- What to do with her?

Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:44 pm
It is blatant obvious that she hasn't risen to the expectation that was put upon her, so what the hell should we exactly do with her? SHe really is not good enough as a starting striker, doubt it as well as a winger.

It has been said that she could be useful to come off the bench and trouble the defence. I also think this is where she could become handy.

Thoughts?
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Ashleigh Sykes- What to do with her? Empty Re: Ashleigh Sykes- What to do with her?

Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:20 pm
Well i'd like to say out completely but the reality is we don't have too many other options.

off the bench and maybe a tired defence will gift her a goal, because ATM she's not going to create one herself.
cufc_cc
cufc_cc
Other football teams : Leeds Utd

Ashleigh Sykes- What to do with her? Empty Re: Ashleigh Sykes- What to do with her?

Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:48 pm
She definitely doesn't deserve a starting spot TBH. But for the reasons given above, she deserves a spot on the bench.
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
Other football teams : Leeds United, AFC Wimbledon

Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:23 pm
stick her on the bench... shes good but not good enough for a starting role
footballfan

Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:17 am
As I have said all along, she is not good enough. Absolutely amazed that anyone thought she was. last year only scored one goal - that is not good enough for a supposed striker. On Saturday she had two absolute easy chances and stuffed them both. Please take her out of the team and give someone else a go.
southside

Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:19 am
This blog is TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE!!!!!!
You are dealing with a young girl here not Harry Kewell. AS is a dedicated young athlete doing far more than many of you bloggers could ever dream of. What are you trying to do? Totally crush her? She is young and following instructions to the best of her ability. If you think you could do better then get out there and do it.

I really hope that in 5 years time Ashleigh wears the green and gold with pride on the world stage and you all sing her praises, maybe commenting, 'I saw her play when she was just learning.' For the time being LEAVE HER ALONE.
footballfan

Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:22 am
If she is still developing and learning,she shouldn't be on the field. This is the elite womens level in australia. If they can't take criticism, they shouldn't be in a public forum and playing in that team. Stop sooking about her.
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:42 pm
southside wrote:This blog is TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE!!!!!!
You are dealing with a young girl here not Harry Kewell. AS is a dedicated young athlete doing far more than many of you bloggers could ever dream of. What are you trying to do? Totally crush her? She is young and following instructions to the best of her ability. If you think you could do better then get out there and do it.

I really hope that in 5 years time Ashleigh wears the green and gold with pride on the world stage and you all sing her praises, maybe commenting, 'I saw her play when she was just learning.' For the time being LEAVE HER ALONE.

Facepalm

Mate, if you read what Raider_United posted, he was never having a go at her. In fact he was stating that Sykes has loads of potential, which I think we can all agree on. And we've all said that she does deserve a spot in the team and has a role to play- but coming off the bench. There are better players in front of her AT THE MOMENT and she has to accept that.

People have to realise that if we want the W-League to go places, then we can't keep treating it like a kiddy league and the players have to take criticism and handle it. This is elite football and criticism will come.

This is a public forum and we have the right to express our opinions.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:50 pm
footballfan wrote:If she is still developing and learning,she shouldn't be on the field. This is the elite womens level in australia. If they can't take criticism, they shouldn't be in a public forum and playing in that team. Stop sooking about her.

clap clap

Exactly right, people come on this forum to discuss their opinions on certain things involving the club and one thing that most people would agree on here is that ATM, and I stress ATM, AS should not be in the starting team.

[quote="southside"]You are dealing with a young girl here not Harry Kewell. AS is a dedicated young athlete doing far more than many of you bloggers could ever dream of. What are you trying to do? Totally crush her? She is young and following instructions to the best of her ability. If you think you could do better then get out there and do it.[quote="footballfan"]

Why would we be totally trying to crush her? what good would that do us, she has potential to be a very good player which is why we have this topic to discuss what should be done with her ATM.

I would get out there and do better, if i was a girl, but i'm not so i just sit back and express my opinions here like the rest of us.
Galileo
Galileo

Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:00 am

Surprised Facepalm Shocked Confused Doubt

AS P2BC and footballfan have said, when the hell is W-League going to be treated as Elite Football? It is comments like these that will stop it. WE cannot keep treating it like a kids league, and with that comes opinion from the public.

Jeez...
Chris1822
Chris1822

Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:07 am
I think that if a team is big enough to have their own forum, then they're big enough to handle a bit of criticism.
cufc_cc
cufc_cc
Other football teams : Leeds Utd

Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:31 pm
agreed with johnlovescanberraunited,
stick her on the bench... shes good but not good enough for a starter.
Nonno Gomes
Nonno Gomes

Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:50 pm

I'm all for supporting our young girls in football (just refer to my recent defence of E.Perry's signing) but what is doing her more harm:

deluding herself that she is playing well by constantly starting or
this criticism that will only serve her by highlighting where she needs to improve to achieve the potential she has.

btw a stint on the sidelines did Micheal Clarke no harm. so she needs some time to reflect on what is going wrong and how she can put it right.. as i know she will eventually
Joey47
Joey47

Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:14 pm
Hopefully she can find some type of form today. She is starting up front with Raymond and Tseng.
Toby
Toby

Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:08 pm
I still think she should start as a winger though
Galileo
Galileo

Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:26 pm
Well it would be interesting to see how she played?

girlswithgame, do you have any info on how she played?
Raider_United
Raider_United

Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:55 pm
Hopefully she can stamp an authority on the starting position and continue to score, now that she has.
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
Other football teams : Leeds United, AFC Wimbledon

Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:26 pm
she scored the equaliser against Perth
girlswithgame

Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:04 pm
Unfortunately I wasn't there, but speaking to Ray Junna afterwards he seemed pretty happy. The equaliser that Tseng scored actually came off rebound that Ash hit into the crossbar, then she scored the equaliser with her head from a great cross in from the right wing from Ellyse Perry.

Stepping up into the starting team was always going to put lots of pressure on Ash, but also Ellie Raymond and Tseng. Lets all remember those 3 have only played together for the last 4 weeks, Ash only started a handful of games last year while Ellie only came off the bench as an injury player. It was always going to be lots of pressure on that starting three, but look at Canberra's list, there isn't any other strikers they can start. Plus Ash has hardly played this winter, the Dubbo men's league that her and Nicole were going to play in banned them, so they played a couple of games with ACTAS and then Young Matildas tours. But anyway, now she has some confidence from Perth hopefully it will continue on :)

Anyway, plenty of positives to come from Perth game and now the forwards have found a bit of confidence hopefully they can take that into Melbourne this week :)
Joey47
Joey47

Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:20 am
girlswithgame wrote:Unfortunately I wasn't there, but speaking to Ray Junna afterwards he seemed pretty happy. The equaliser that Tseng scored actually came off rebound that Ash hit into the crossbar, then she scored the equaliser with her head from a great cross in from the right wing from Ellyse Perry.

Stepping up into the starting team was always going to put lots of pressure on Ash, but also Ellie Raymond and Tseng. Lets all remember those 3 have only played together for the last 4 weeks, Ash only started a handful of games last year while Ellie only came off the bench as an injury player. It was always going to be lots of pressure on that starting three, but look at Canberra's list, there isn't any other strikers they can start. Plus Ash has hardly played this winter, the Dubbo men's league that her and Nicole were going to play in banned them, so they played a couple of games with ACTAS and then Young Matildas tours. But anyway, now she has some confidence from Perth hopefully it will continue on :)

Anyway, plenty of positives to come from Perth game and now the forwards have found a bit of confidence hopefully they can take that into Melbourne this week :)

Thanks for that. I just hope that this is the start of a solid season for Ashleigh Sykes. Our forwards really need to stand up for the rest of the season, as we lack in depth there.
thisisnottheepl
thisisnottheepl
Other football teams : Liverpool

Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:56 pm
Nonno Gomes wrote:

I'm all for supporting our young girls in football (just refer to my recent defence of E.Perry's signing) but what is doing her more harm:

deluding herself that she is playing well by constantly starting or
this criticism that will only serve her by highlighting where she needs to improve to achieve the potential she has.

btw a stint on the sidelines did Micheal Clarke no harm. so she needs some time to reflect on what is going wrong and how she can put it right.. as i know she will eventually

i find it hard to believe that any of you actually think that she could be "deluding herself that she is playing well". Any athlete at any level knows if they are under performing and im sure this would be the case with sykes.

I'm not saying we shouldn't cast criticism however we should be wary of how we do this and we should remember that WE ARE THE FAN BASE OF CANBERRA UNITED so whoever is selected to play we should give them 110% of our support! Sykes definitely has this support from me and I believe that she should be a starting striker. Although she has not scored many goals she has a high work rate and is creating chances for herself and her team mates. As long as this work rate continues she is doing her job and the goals will come with more experience and more confidence. confidence which we as fans can help increase.

GO UNITED IN 2010

thisisnothteepl
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum