Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Toby
Toby

Expansion to include Pacific, Singaporean and Indonesian Team Empty Expansion to include Pacific, Singaporean and Indonesian Team

Fri May 08, 2009 6:25 pm
Hey guys,

This was an idea that was floating around about 8 months ago which I personally really like yet don't believe will ever happen. I am one of those people (possibly the minority) that favour expansionism across our borders. I am one (also another possible minority) that loves having the phoenix in the comp. I would however love to see a joint pacific team (based in Fiji, PNG or New Caledonia), an Indonesian team (from Jakarta), A Signaporean team and possible later expansions to the rest of South East Asia. The Market is huge and will bring real spice to the competition and bring us closer to our neighbouring brothers. Whilst it seems highly unrealistic (Oceania already saying it wont look to have a team in the A-league) and FIFA problems (oversea teams in the A-league) I just wanted to hear some other ideas concerning this topic,
Raider_United
Raider_United

Expansion to include Pacific, Singaporean and Indonesian Team Empty Re: Expansion to include Pacific, Singaporean and Indonesian Team

Fri May 08, 2009 6:47 pm
definitely not to Oceania because all it will do is what has happened with Wellington. The AFC don't want them in...
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Expansion to include Pacific, Singaporean and Indonesian Team Empty Re: Expansion to include Pacific, Singaporean and Indonesian Team

Fri May 08, 2009 7:04 pm
TBH as long as canberra get a team i don't care who comes in.
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Fri May 08, 2009 7:12 pm
Um this cannot happen for a looooooooong time.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Fri May 08, 2009 7:15 pm
yeah keep the comp aussie for mine.
Gate7
Gate7
Other football teams : Olympiakos

Fri May 08, 2009 7:50 pm
the indonesia idea is stupid. im not even sure if i want to even explain why. its just stupid, they have there own professional league which is very successful and well supported. from that league 2 qualify for acl. as for singapore it also another stupid idea because they also have there own professional league with 1 spot for the acl and another for the afc cup. i dont see ppl in singapore or indonesia really getting behind there own a-league team. also with singapore it would cost too much for the team to fly to australia and new zealand for all their away games and imagine the financial strain it would put on our own clubs to fly there.

as for including a pacific islands team, if they want to do it fine but i do believe the A-League needs to just have australian clubs and it should worry about growing the sport here, what good is it for australian football to have a team in new zealand or any other country for that matter. it doesnt benefit us at all.

ps i understand some of u might think that me saying indonesia and singapore having there own leagues is irrelevent because new zealand has theres and also hav a team in our comp. let me just say that new zealands league is semi-professional where as singapore and indonesias leagues r fully professional.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Fri May 08, 2009 8:36 pm
yeah exactly right gate7 agree with everything said
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
Other football teams : Leeds United, AFC Wimbledon

Sun May 10, 2009 1:49 pm
HELLLLLLLLLLL NO!!!! I think Wellington shouldnt have a team. BUt once we get a team, i dont mind as long as its Australia or a new auckland team
Chris1822
Chris1822

Sun May 10, 2009 1:55 pm
i think that what's most likely to happen with the canberra bid is that we don't get in this time WS do with 2nd melb. then wellington get kicked out in the near future and we are first waiting in line.
TheBigMan
TheBigMan
Other football teams : Millwall, Chelsea, Valencia, Juventus

Thu May 14, 2009 5:26 pm
wont happen
Chris1822
Chris1822

Thu May 14, 2009 5:28 pm
what won't happen? wellington getting the boot? or us getting a team?
the head
the head
Location : Duffy. That's where I live mofo. Where I do my thing.

Fri May 15, 2009 9:42 am
Sorry Tobster, but I can't stomach the idea of plucking teams out of Oceania and SE Asia to play in our league. We already play in Asia, in the ACL, which is great. I don't see any good coming out of admitting teams into the A-league. It's costly for clubs, discourages traveling fans and reduces the number of positions that could be used to foster players and coaches here by sending valuable resources out of the country.

If the shoe were on the other foot, and Canberra United gained a spot in the MLS, how would you feel? Canberra playing Chicago Fire one week, LA Galaxy the next and then a big match against Toronto FC!!! :roll: No one would really care.

It's a nice sentiment, and I fully support trying to foster the game in Asia, but not by belittling their leagues and diluting ours.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum