Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Would 7 months be enough time for a canberra a-league bid to get ready? Empty Would 7 months be enough time for a canberra a-league bid to get ready?

Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:30 pm
in light of this recent speculation...what do yo think?

I reckon we could do it, however hopefully we'd be the only new team so we can assemble a solid playing roster
pete
pete
Other football teams : Canberra United, Plymouth Argyle FC, Club America, LA Galaxy

Would 7 months be enough time for a canberra a-league bid to get ready? Empty Re: Would 7 months be enough time for a canberra a-league bid to get ready?

Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:37 pm
It would be very rushed to get ready by October. Getting a coach, players and sponsors on board in 7 months would be a huge undertaking

I would prefer the season after so had 18 months to get ready to be honest but we'll see...

Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Would 7 months be enough time for a canberra a-league bid to get ready? Empty Re: Would 7 months be enough time for a canberra a-league bid to get ready?

Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:47 pm
I have no doubts we could assemble a sound playing roster, however the tight time frame to engage with the local community may mean we have a wayward first season in regards to crowds etc. I would love it TBH, however I to am skeptical that the FFA may just be attempting to maintain Slavich's interest for expansion down the track and not let it die in the arse as Ivan has been suggesting may occur in the coming months.

Whatever pans out, we will know by within a month or so. I have an inkling there may be a team up at the Gold Coast. Led by an ambitious and capable owner. I do have confidence that Canberra will have a side by 2013/14 or at the latest 2014. Lowy is desperate for at least 12 teams, and Canberra and Western Sydney would be the most viable and logical options.

We must also acquire the services of an experienced coach. If not an experienced coach an up and comer whom has obviously plied his trade at the highest level (Paul Okon or John Aloisi). I would love Miron Bleiberg. Read on another forum someone suggesting a local (eg. Lino Fiorese, Milo Milovanovic, Ray Junna etc.) Not disrespect to them, I recognise they have obviously have achieved solid grades in the Canberra footballing community, but I just don't think they could cut it at A-League level.

What really is the most important issue is, however, is that if we get a side for next season, Capital Punishment will need to start rallying troops for an army. Also sort out seating arrangements, banners etc. Thumbs Up
Couscous

Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:32 pm
Joey47 wrote:We must also acquire the services of an experienced coach. If not an experienced coach an up and comer whom has obviously plied his trade at the highest level (Paul Okon or John Aloisi). I would love Miron Bleiberg.

Would also love Bleiberg. But I don't want a team in 2012-13. Far too rushed. Give us 18 months to build a senior and a youth team. The FFA and Lowy seem to be considering us as a Band-Aid to bolster their TV rights negotiations (more teams = more money), when they should be treating us an important, permanent club that must be given the best chance to be successful.
Couscous

Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:34 pm
By the way, not that it's important, but if the bid gets up, the fans deserve a forum that's easier on the eye!
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:16 pm
agreed, if we get a team i'll buy out a domain name and do up a proper looking website.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum