Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

No news on Squad? Empty No news on Squad?

Thu May 21, 2009 8:20 pm
So far there has been no news on anything, has there?

If we want to win the title this year we really need to swing into action.

No news on coaching front?

No news on buying front?

No news on selling front?

Brisbane roar started training in March..
teddybear

No news on Squad? Empty Re: No news on Squad?

Fri May 22, 2009 9:07 am
Another capital football stuff up. Get heather reid out. if they really didn't want robbie hooker again, they could have got rid of him by now instead of leaving him hanging. Come on Capital Football get started and make a decision and get the team sorted out NOW. It isn't fair to the players to leave them hanging either. They will be at a disadvantage when the season starts as they haven't been trianing together for long.
(::FAQ::)
(::FAQ::)

Sun May 24, 2009 8:50 am
Capital Football are doing lots of things wrong here....

We need to keep Robbie Hooker, the worst thing they could EVER do.
Galileo
Galileo

Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:17 pm
They seem to be really stuffing around... should've sorted coach out ages ago.
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:27 pm
Still no news and the season is starting in 2 months. Doubt
matildasfan

Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:52 pm
http://www.canberraunited.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=28658

Canberra United retain local players for season twoTuesday, 11 August 2009 Kahlia Hogg is currently the only additional member to Canberra United’s playing squad for the second season of the Westfield W-League with all the local players from last season retained for another year.

Eleven Canberra players have already committed for this Westfield W-League season including Captain Ellie Brush and key players Grace Gill and Lydia Williams to significantly boost the campaign.

“Those key players were obviously a part of the successful team last year so it’s great to have them sign for another year,” Canberra United head coach Ray Junna said.

“We’ve got a much younger squad this year compared to last year without the older interstate players available.”

“It’s definitely a great start to our squad.”

Dubbo twins, Ashley and Nicole Sykes will also be returning to the green of Canberra United this summer with further international caps to their names following selections for the Young Matildas’ AFC U-19 Women’s Championship.

Along with the Sykes, Jennifer Bisset, Cian Maciejewski, Christine Walters have all re-signed while Ellie Raymond has been promoted from emergency player to Canberra United squad member for this season.

“In the future, the FFA aren’t going to supplement players coming in from interstate starting next season so we need to be prepared for that,” Junna said.

“It’s a testament to the local talent that there is a capable younger brigade already coming through.”

“In the next couple of years, Canberra United certainly won’t have any issues with fielding a very competitive side in the Westfield W-League with the talent of the younger players.”

Unfortunately, both Caitlin Munoz and Amy Chapman will be unavailable after both players required knee operations that will seem them sidelined for the season.

With those two out of action, Canberra United still have nine vacancies to fill in its squad including the only two available spots for interstate players which are yet to be filled.

“I’m very happy with the squad that we’ve assembled so far, hopefully we can still encourage a couple of international players to come over or high profile interstate players to come in.”

Confirmed Canberra United signings:

Ellie Brush
Lydia Williams
Grace Gill
Cian Maciejewski
Bronwyn Studman
Ashley Sykes
Nicole Sykes
Christine Walters
Ellie Raymond
Kahlia Hogg
Jennifer Bisset

Canberra United kicks off its second Westfield W-League campaign on Saturday, 3rd October 2009 against the Brisbane Roar at Ballymore Stadium in a grand final rematch to be broadcast live on ABC1 at 3:00pm.
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:13 am
good signings there, still 9 places though so:

the three chinese-taiwan players.

lisa de vanna (fingers crossed)

5 local girls.
Toby
Toby

Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:31 pm
yeah 9 spots to fill in a month..
teddybear

Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:57 am
I am really disappointed the SYkes girls are in again. Ashley scored only one goal all season which is hopeless for a so called striker. SHe scored nothing on tour with the young matildas and hardly played if you read the match reports. We really need a proper striker, not someone who has such an ego thinking they can play when they are useless. nicole sykes played not once in china and really brought nothing to the team last year either.

Let's hope Junna can get some proper players in the last few spots that will be able to score goals.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:57 am
matildasfan wrote:
Dubbo twins, Ashley and Nicole Sykes will also be returning to the green of Canberra United this summer with further international caps to their names following selections for the Young Matildas’ AFC U-19 Women’s Championship.

No news on Squad? Jesus-facepalm-facepalm-jesus-epic-demotivational-poster-1218659828
Chris1822
Chris1822

Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:59 am
teddybear wrote:I am really disappointed the SYkes girls are in again. Ashley scored only one goal all season which is hopeless for a so called striker. SHe scored nothing on tour with the young matildas and hardly played if you read the match reports. We really need a proper striker, not someone who has such an ego thinking they can play when they are useless. nicole sykes played not once in china and really brought nothing to the team last year either.

Let's hope Junna can get some proper players in the last few spots that will be able to score goals.

agree with everything there, add onto that the fact that the FFA aren't supplementing interstate players to come in, so why the hell do we have them? i've played the ACTAS womens team a couple of times this year and there are some perfectly good strikers in that squad.

lets just hope that they are just squadfillers this year.
teddybear

Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:44 am
I was glad to see that Kiting wasn't there. She let in more goals against us than Canberra United scored last year. Hopeless defender. Other than that I was pretty happy with the squad. Got a good defensive line with Brush, Walters and Studman. The midfield will be good with Cian and Hogg. Not sure who else will be there. Not sure who else will be signed as a defender either. Hope it is not Kiting. Just hope we can get some strikers who will score. It was sad that our main centre back was the top scorer last year! Says a lot for how useless the strikers were. Glad to see the Qld pair are not back again.
matildasfan

Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:51 am
aleague4canberra wrote:
teddybear wrote:I am really disappointed the SYkes girls are in again. Ashley scored only one goal all season which is hopeless for a so called striker. SHe scored nothing on tour with the young matildas and hardly played if you read the match reports. We really need a proper striker, not someone who has such an ego thinking they can play when they are useless. nicole sykes played not once in china and really brought nothing to the team last year either.

agree with everything there, add onto that the fact that the FFA aren't supplementing interstate players to come in, so why the hell do we have them? i've played the ACTAS womens team a couple of times this year and there are some perfectly good strikers in that squad.

lets just hope that they are just squadfillers this year.

Why are you people all so harsh? They are 17-year-olds. And for 17-year-olds that hadn't played any kind of representative football two years ago until Tom Sermanni picked them up on fitness testing results, I'd say they are doing pretty well. First of all, on fitness tests, Ashleigh is currently the quickest Matilda in the entire active player list, young and senior players. She ran a flat 3second 20m sprint. Nicole wasn't far behind. That combined with the fact they have plenty of playing potential, means Sermanni likes them a lot. And if the national coach wants them, that's good enough for me.
Plus in recent Young Matildas tour before China, both played plenty of game time and both scored numerous times. On debut in a game in Italy, Nicole scored a hat-trick.
Plus on all this 'interstate' player thing, they want to play here rather than Sydney. And if they want to come here, why not?
Give them a break.
teddybear

Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:56 am
Age does not matter. If they want to play in a professional league, they have to take the fans' criticisms as well as praise. They are not little girls and there are other younger girls in the squad who cope.

So what if they are fast, it means nothing when they don't do the job of scoring. Speed is not all, they have to learn to score if they want to be strikers.
teddybear

Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:58 am
Are we supposed to tell everyone not to be too harsh on the Raiders players when they don't perform cos they might get upset? NO WE DON'T. Some of those players are only 18 or 19, but they have to take the criticism.

All the girls, have to learn to take public opinion, whether it is nice or not, if they wish to play professional sport and they also have to learn to perform or they should be out.
matildasfan

Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:05 am
teddybear wrote:Are we supposed to tell everyone not to be too harsh on the Raiders players when they don't perform cos they might get upset? NO WE DON'T. Some of those players are only 18 or 19, but they have to take the criticism.

All the girls, have to learn to take public opinion, whether it is nice or not, if they wish to play professional sport and they also have to learn to perform or they should be out.

Um yes, but the Raiders are playing PROFESSIONAL sport, as yet, the W-League isn't professional yet. When players get paid enough to live on, that's when it will reach that barrier. They have only had one season in the spotlight after years out of it, of course the older players are going to be rusty and the new players adjusting to it. You can't judge them on the same standards as other sports, particulary professional male sports, just yet. It's not a job for these girls, it is for the Raiders.
teddybear

Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:36 am
I was merely pointing out that they are playing soccer in the public domain and so therefore are subject to peoples' opinions. If they really don't like it, maybe they should go and play in NSW not Canberra.

This forum is for fans to express opinions just like any other and if they feel strong enough and interested enough to write on the forum, then good on them. Canberra United needs support - good and bad, and you cannot gag the fans from commenting on the squad and only posting positive comments. Real life is not like that.
matildasfan

Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:09 pm
And I'm just pointing out that not everyone thinks the Sykes are rubbish. I wish I could play like either of them. And that there are plenty of other people who like them too.
Yes Canberra United needs support and yes of course the fans should have a say, but in a new competition that is still so new and has so many young girls, if some of those discussed in here read this, what would they think? I don't think they would think it's fair to be judged on the five games you may have seen them play at McKellar Park last year. Did you see them play for the Young Matildas? Can you judge them on what they did there if you didn't even see? I didn't so I wont.
It's not a job for them, they don't have to put in so many extra hours outside school and work just to be bashed up by people that say they are Canberra United supporters. How can you be a real supporter if you are bagging out the players that helped Canberra make it to a grand final in their first year?
It's also very likely that most of them will never be professional players (there is only a handful in the aus team that are and play overseas). So where is the incentive for them to keep playing? Oh that's right, there isn't much.
I'm just saying, if you are judging them soley on what you saw last season, that's pretty harsh and they deserve fairer treatment. Yes Ash Sykes had a bucketload of chances she didn't score from and it's fair to say that she could have scored more, but to call her hopeless? She was 16. I'm willing to give her a few years to see what see can do, see many NRL, AFL or A-League players making an impact at 16? Um, that would be no. Give them some time.
teddybear

Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:16 pm
To answer your points:

GIve them time: Maybe they should be playing in a development squad like all other girls learning the game not in the elite level of women's football in australia if they aren't ready for it.

Several people on the forum have posted comments along the lines of not wanting them in the squad.

Helping them get to the grand final? I don't think so.

Many of the other squad members are at school or uni so that is not an excuse for them. If it is too hard, give up, don't ask for special consideration when they are just like the other girls in the squad.

I base my opinion of all players of reading all available information, reading statistics, and watching many many games of soccer. I am entitled to an opinion. I am sorry if it is one you don't like.
matildasfan

Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:27 pm
I've already stated my case but just on a few things, I'm not speaking just about those three girls that have been (I feel) unfairly targeted here. I'm talking about the whole squad, the whole league. ALL these girls are facing these issues of work/school committments plus soccer. I couldn't care less what you say about individual players at the end of the day, I'm just pointing out that these negative comments don't help ANYONE in the women's game when it's still growing. Remember this time last year? Oh that's right, there wasn't even a league to talk about then.
If you like women playing the game, well bloody well support them.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:13 pm
Teddybear's last post is where i stand in this argument. that's right there wasn't a w-league this time last year, but now there is, so the spotlight is on, and we as fans have a desire to express our opinions of the players playing in our team.

while you do have some valid points, matildasfan, the only reasons you have given as to defending the sykes sisters is that they are young, they are studying at school, and, reading between the lines, you are effectively saying that they are girls so don't be mean. Each of these points while having some merit still does not give me any reason to take back my comments regarding the sykes sisters.

i just have one question matildasfan, are you ashleigh/nicole sykes? or someone very close to them? because the way you're talking here it certaintly sound like it.
teddybear

Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:46 pm
Good comments aleague4canberra.

There is nothing personal regarding my comments. I don't know the girls involved other than their playing history/ability.

I am interested and supportive of Canberra United, hence my comments.

I am a fan, and entitled to my opinion as are others.

I agree, you sound like you are the parents of the girls. Are you? If so, perhaps you should stop protecting them like little girls and teach them about the real world and their obligations to the public if they wish to play at this level.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:49 pm
teddybear wrote:Good comments aleague4canberra.

There is nothing personal regarding my comments. I don't know the girls involved other than their playing history/ability.

I am interested and supportive of Canberra United, hence my comments.

I am a fan, and entitled to my opinion as are others.

I agree, you sound like you are the parents of the girls. Are you? If so, perhaps you should stop protecting them like little girls and teach them about the real world and their obligations to the public if they wish to play at this level.

+1

matildasfan?
matildasfan

Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:54 pm
No I am not a parent of the girls or close to them.
I am just a girl myself who wants to see womens sport do well. I just think its disappointing there is so much negativity about it. Clearly no-one here is interested in helping the women's game to grow, but wants to tear it down before it's even got back up again.
Good bye
Chris1822
Chris1822

Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:04 pm
^^
wow, baby spat the dummy, of course we want to see the womens game grow, we are merely expressing our opinions on players playing in the game, jeez.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum