Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Training facility and Canberra headquarters Empty Training facility and Canberra headquarters

Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:40 am
I'm just wondering where the canberra team will train and base there headquarters when they get in, will they have to build a whole new one? if so will it get funded by the government?

Will they use an existing facility? if so which one?

Will they upgrade an existing facility? if so which one and where will they get the money?

just a few questions that i've been thinking about.
Galileo
Galileo

Training facility and Canberra headquarters Empty Re: Training facility and Canberra headquarters

Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:47 am
Am guessing they'd use AIS, no?
Chris1822
Chris1822

Training facility and Canberra headquarters Empty Re: Training facility and Canberra headquarters

Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:12 am
does the AIS have the facilities to run a club ie an office etc though?
cufc_cc
cufc_cc
Other football teams : Leeds Utd

Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:05 pm
You'd think AIS wouldn't ya? And am pretty sure they would have offices and all that.
Toby
Toby

Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:52 pm
I hope they open an office on Bruce Stadium grounds which could also be the shop (ie like Melbourne Victory) though thats very hopeful!
Chris1822
Chris1822

Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:03 am
^^

that'd be awesome, a little optimistic though but not out of the question.
the head
the head
Location : Duffy. That's where I live mofo. Where I do my thing.

Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:24 pm
aleague4canberra wrote:does the AIS have the facilities to run a club ie an office etc though?

Have you ever wondered what happened to that old double-decker bus that used to be parked in the Bunda street carpark until they built the new Canberra Centre? That'd make a great office and team bus!!
Chris1822
Chris1822

Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:26 pm
^^
:shock:
Toby
Toby

Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:28 pm
I don't know of that bus but thats a great idea!! can you find out about it?? who would know?
Chris1822
Chris1822

Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:51 pm
i don't know of it either, any pictures?
Toby
Toby

Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:57 pm
It would be a good mobile office we could take to the grounds... though unless its really old its pointless to ask cause they would want money for it
Social_Loafer

Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:45 pm
Mobile office FTW, also Pim knows all about parking buses and is only a phone call away. We could put that thing anywhere around the berra'
Toby
Toby

Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:42 am
It would be great cause then we could hand out pamphlets all over the city and we would get people's eye just from driving past!
Chris1822
Chris1822

Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:48 am
yeah i drove past it yesterday, that'd be awesome. we'd need to really do it up, like paint it all white with the canberra logo on it.

however i'm not sure that the bid leaders will go for this idead as it isn't really formal, but i like it, help engage the community.

another idea, an electronic banner, displaying news like next home match, team line ups...logistical? probably not, optimistic? very
Toby
Toby

Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:49 pm
Does anyone want to ask to see if we can get the bus? might be worth just asking about. Hmm you would need some sort of sign saying when the next game is like the Raiders have..
Chris1822
Chris1822

Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:01 am
^^

if we get accpeted i'll e-mail mr.slavich.

also as i said the electronic banner
Toby
Toby

Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:13 am
fingers and toes crossed.. I personally would like to see the number at 13 I would like to see both teams get in
Chris1822
Chris1822

Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:53 am
what does "theBid" think about this idea?
Chris1822
Chris1822

Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:41 pm
well i sent a short e-mail to the ACT government asking them if it was available.

we'll see what they say.
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:47 pm
Wonder what they will say. Probably "Are you kidding?" This would have to be organised heaps well for it to be successful.
Toby
Toby

Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:55 pm
Does the ACT government own the bus? Umm they would probably say they would consider it if we got in since they are financing the club to a large degree.
Toby
Toby

Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:56 pm
By the way who decides if we get in? is it just Ben Buckley or is there a board? and if there is a board are there any Canberrans on the board?
(::FAQ::)
(::FAQ::)

Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:35 pm
Tobster wrote:By the way who decides if we get in? is it just Ben Buckley or is there a board? and if there is a board are there any Canberrans on the board?

It is the whole FFA board I think. As well as Frank Lowy.
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
Other football teams : Leeds United, AFC Wimbledon

Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:26 pm
they could use McKellar or Hawker and develop them up so they have offices but the problem is they are used by clubs already... so what about southwell park... the one in civic near the netball place and hockey place... it is in a central position and that could be helpful marketing wise... say ur driving down northborne and you see the oval all done up nicely that can fit 5,000 people so you can play W-L and NYL games there and even a reserves team in the ACTPL if they want. Anyway you notice a big sign like they do at the raiders place.... game details etc... it would be a great idea.
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:08 pm
JohnLovesCanberraUnited wrote:they could use McKellar or Hawker and develop them up so they have offices but the problem is they are used by clubs already... so what about southwell park... the one in civic near the netball place and hockey place... it is in a central position and that could be helpful marketing wise... say ur driving down northborne and you see the oval all done up nicely that can fit 5,000 people so you can play W-L and NYL games there and even a reserves team in the ACTPL if they want. Anyway you notice a big sign like they do at the raiders place.... game details etc... it would be a great idea.

You need something that is enclosed and only players and staff can get access to. Like Raiders HQ, right next to Canberra Stadium.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum