Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Galileo
Galileo

Our First 11 vs Brisbane... Up for the challenge? Empty Our First 11 vs Brisbane... Up for the challenge?

Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:51 am
The starting team we had for the Brisbane game, do you reckon that is the team that will lead us to a grand final finish at the very least? You must take into account that Brisbane are a bloody good football team- much better than us. So before you say a square NO, just take into account the conditions, the opposition, the mass changes and the travel factor.

IMO, the team only needs slight changes. I would like to see this. From what I saw of Raymond, warranted a first team place and I believe Kiting and Shipard should come in next week.

-------------Williams-----------

Perry----Brush-----Lin----Kiting

Van Egmond--Cian M--Gill--Shipard

----------Raymond---Tseng--------

S1. Mara
S2. Walters
S3. A.Sykes
S4. N.Sykes

Thoughts?

I still reckon we are short of one good striker, for us to be competition contenders. Although it looks as though we are stuck with the roster and IMO, Raymond is our 2nd best option up front. I don't think 1 up front will be good for us, as we already have too many problems with finishing.
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Our First 11 vs Brisbane... Up for the challenge? Empty Re: Our First 11 vs Brisbane... Up for the challenge?

Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:59 am
yeah that looks like a good team, the bench is awful though, (i'm not having a go at you galileo, but at the squad).

can we make the GF? possibly, a lot will depend on how well the team gels throughout the season, remember that was the 1st game with a new coach.
Galileo
Galileo

Our First 11 vs Brisbane... Up for the challenge? Empty Re: Our First 11 vs Brisbane... Up for the challenge?

Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:05 am
Schimch@capital hill wrote:yeah that looks like a good team, the bench is awful though, (i'm not having a go at you galileo, but at the squad).

can we make the GF? possibly, a lot will depend on how well the team gels throughout the season, remember that was the 1st game with a new coach.

Hear hear. I though some people were being very harsh considering all circumstances. I remember first game last year against CCM, we went down 2-1 to a pretty awful outfit and at HOME. Yet still made the GF. 1st game this year, against Brisbane- The best team in the league, 30 degree heat, mass changes, against a team with hardly any changes, travel factor, 1st game under new coach, and a VERY young team.

DOn't give up yet. I encourage everyone to get out to McKellar and support the girls. Mods, I also encourage to send out a notification to all members to sit with us.
Golden_CU
Golden_CU
Other football teams : Bradford City

Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:36 am
I really like that Galileo. IMO, that would be our strongest and I have NO idea at all as to why Kiting was not selected.
footballfan

Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:02 pm
First thing, their first game last year was against newcastle and they played pretty well. Not like the abomination this year.
Get rid of lin in defence - she did nothing and the girls couldn't communicate with her. Obvious she couldn't keep up. Put in the experienced back line of Walters, Kiting, Bush and Studman. They have played well together for years and know what they are doing. Get they Sykes girls out of the squad and bring in some proper players. Preferably strikers and people who know how to play football.
Raider_United
Raider_United

Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:32 am
footballfan wrote:First thing, their first game last year was against newcastle and they played pretty well. Not like the abomination this year.
Get rid of lin in defence - she did nothing and the girls couldn't communicate with her. Obvious she couldn't keep up. Put in the experienced back line of Walters, Kiting, Bush and Studman. They have played well together for years and know what they are doing. Get they Sykes girls out of the squad and bring in some proper players. Preferably strikers and people who know how to play football.

Do you not rate Lin? Just because she doesn't speak proper English that means she should immediately be ommited from our team. She was one of th best last week and should be onw of the first selected.
footballfan

Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:20 pm
I am not having a go at Lin cos she dont speak english - I can't speak chinese! but she is here to play football and she is hampering the defence through her lack of communication skills. She is not that good that she can play well enough wihtout communication to the others. Puts a lot of stress on the other players particularly Brush.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum