Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who will our coach be?

+19
TheBigMan
Gate7
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
Toby
Nonno Gomes
Gerrards_Homies808
Alex351
cufc_cc
Yid_Army
MinsterMan
MickeyD
arinceo
CFCCOUK
choice bro cheers
Joey47
Admin_Capital Punishment
martyB
Social_Loafer
Chris1822
23 posters
Go down
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
Other football teams : Leeds United, AFC Wimbledon

Who will our coach be? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who will our coach be?

Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:22 pm
Toby wrote:Kalac?? yeah that would be great for goalkeeping coach..

is that sarcasim or are you being serious because i think thats a great idea having Kalac come back.
Toby
Toby

Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:30 pm
sorry yeah I meant it.. he's a top keeper
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited

Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:52 pm
alright cool, because i do like that idea... its like Sydney FC with former Wigan keeper John Filan
MinsterMan

Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:29 pm
You all know it will be Van Egmond, a championship winning, highly rated coach already living here in Canberra.
Toby
Toby

Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:47 pm
maybe the AIS will pay better though..
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited

Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:04 pm
the AIS only play in th VPL and i think by the time we get in... he'd be sick of coaching at that lower level
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:54 pm
JohnLovesCanberraUnited wrote:the AIS only play in th VPL and i think by the time we get in... he'd be sick of coaching at that lower level

His job isn't just coaching a bunch on youngsters. He also co-coaches with the U/20's, and builds up the AIS in the NATION YOUTH LEAGUE. There is more to do than just coaching them.

BTW, the AIS is participating in the NYL this year- not the VPL.
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:20 pm
here's one for everyone:

terry venables, currently without a club, experienced manager, would cost a fair bit but nothing extreme.

he was at one stage confirmed as the newcastle jets coach in the inaugural season of the a-league this didn't go ahead but what it does show is that he does have some sort of desire to come and live in australia.
Joey47
Joey47

Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:39 pm
aleague4canberra wrote:here's one for everyone:

terry venables, currently without a club, experienced manager, would cost a fair bit but nothing extreme.

he was at one stage confirmed as the newcastle jets coach in the inaugural season of the a-league this didn't go ahead but what it does show is that he does have some sort of desire to come and live in australia.

He'd be great. But as MinsterMan said, it will more than likely be Gary Van egmond.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:05 pm
but GVE is on contract, venables isn't.
Raider_United
Raider_United

Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:35 pm
Venables would be great.
Galileo
Galileo

Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:46 pm
Maybe a bit farfetched but what about Gordon Strachan. He is out of the job ATM. But I think that the A-League wouldn't be good enough for him.
Joey47
Joey47

Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:00 am
Galileo wrote:Maybe a bit farfetched but what about Gordon Strachan. He is out of the job ATM. But I think that the A-League wouldn't be good enough for him.

He'd be good- but as you said wouldn't be interested in a move to the A-League. His next move would more than likely be an EPL club or another SPL job.
(::FAQ::)
(::FAQ::)

Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:56 pm
Jorvan Vieria. Brazilian. Currenlty out of the job and has great experience at the top level, including guiding Iraq to the 2007 Asian Cup. Thoughts?

He would be interested, as he has been everywhere and he think highly of Australian football. IMO, would be great.
Toby
Toby

Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:36 pm
RaidersCampese6 wrote:Jorvan Vieria. Brazilian. Currenlty out of the job and has great experience at the top level, including guiding Iraq to the 2007 Asian Cup. Thoughts?

He would be interested, as he has been everywhere and he think highly of Australian football. IMO, would be great.

Yeah he would be a good selection indeed.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:20 pm
yeah viera would be fantastic
MinsterMan

Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:20 pm
Ive heard Henry has local family here as well, might be a good starting point to kick-start his coaching career in a quiet, low profile and less stressful league than in Europe.

Bergkamp is another one Canberra should be keeping an eye on, he’s interested in coaching and currently an assistant at Arsenal. Opening up a head coaching career away from the ruthless English tabloid media might appeal to him.

And lets not forget Guus. There is a good chance Russia wont qualify and if that happens I feel there is a strong chance that now he is nearing retirement, a stint in Australia might be something he is interested in. He did say he liked it here.
Joey47
Joey47

Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:46 pm
MinsterMan wrote:Ive heard Henry has local family here as well, might be a good starting point to kick-start his coaching career in a quiet, low profile and less stressful league than in Europe.

Bergkamp is another one Canberra should be keeping an eye on, he’s interested in coaching and currently an assistant at Arsenal. Opening up a head coaching career away from the ruthless English tabloid media might appeal to him.

And lets not forget Guus. There is a good chance Russia wont qualify and if that happens I feel there is a strong chance that now he is nearing retirement, a stint in Australia might be something he is interested in. He did say he liked it here.

The first two I think we would have a realistic chance at getting in particular Bergkamp, but the latter in Guus is very unlikely. I just couldn't see us suiting his financial requirements.
MinsterMan

Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:59 pm
Proud2BeCanberran wrote:
MinsterMan wrote:Ive heard Henry has local family here as well, might be a good starting point to kick-start his coaching career in a quiet, low profile and less stressful league than in Europe.

The first two I think we would have a realistic chance at getting in particular Bergkamp, but the latter in Guus is very unlikely. I just couldn't see us suiting his financial requirements.

Yeah but he's made a lot of money over the last 10 years so at his age lifestyle might be a bigger motivater than money. Look at guys like Henrik Larrson, he turned down a contact at Man U to play for Helsingsborg.
Joey47
Joey47

Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:13 pm
MinsterMan wrote:
Proud2BeCanberran wrote:

Yeah but he's made a lot of money over the last 10 years so at his age lifestyle might be a bigger motivater than money. Look at guys like Henrik Larrson, he turned down a contact at Man U to play for Helsingsborg.

Oh yea good point.

Although, as you say at his age- if he was to take a step back and manage in one of the smaller leagues, it may be at a club like Gold Coast, Sydney and Melbourne with the picturesque lifestyle.
Joey47
Joey47

Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:18 pm
Interesting read on the Canberra Times website the other day. All a bit of fun but hypothisised 5 potential managers of a Canberra A-League team: Harry Kewell, Frank Farina, Tony Vidmar, Luke Wilkshire and Paul Okon.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/the-five-coaches-canberra-s-a-league-bid-should-go-after-20181126-p50iej.html

If we're going local, Harry Kewell would be an amazing get as your foundation coach. The amount of publicity that could produce would be excitement enough for Canberrans and A-League fans to get around. This not even factoring in the good coaching ability he has IMO. He can be considered very harshly done by at Notts County. He seems to have a good tactical knowledge of the game.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:00 pm
Agree RE Kewell. Think for buzz and marketing purposes, he'd be ideal. Also reckon he did pretty well in his time in England and definitely would have cut his teeth a bit and would cope well in the a-league

Vidmar would be a decent option too I reckon, good head on his shoulders and been getting some good experience over the years
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum