Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rumoured B-League... Canberra to be involved?

+8
Galileo
Chris1822
mikey_porto
Golden_CU
Gate7
Raider_United
United On The Gong
Joey47
12 posters
Go down
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Rumoured B-League... Canberra to be involved? Empty Rumoured B-League... Canberra to be involved?

Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:59 am
http://au.fourfourtwo.com/forums/default.aspx?g=posts&m=563573

Teams rumoured to be involved are:

1- South Coast FC
2- Sydney Olympic
3- Marconi Stallions
4- Sydney United
5- South Melbourne
6- Melbourne Knights
7 - Brisbane City
8 - Canberra United
9 - Tasmania United
10 - Gippsland

... NO PROMOTION/RELEGATION and possibly to start in 2012.

IMO, this would be a MASSIVE mistake from the FFA. Too many empty seats and I think would affect the A-League crowds.

Don't do it FFA!
United On The Gong
United On The Gong

Rumoured B-League... Canberra to be involved? Empty Re: Rumoured B-League... Canberra to be involved?

Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:16 am
This would be terrible IMO.

I think for now, and for he next, say, 10 years, we only have the financial requirement to have 14 teams in an A-League and an FFA Cup, with all State League clubs involved.

Marconi? They get terrible crowds in the NSWPL. Literally near 400 people.

Agree P2BC, this would be a massive mistake.
Raider_United
Raider_United

Rumoured B-League... Canberra to be involved? Empty Re: Rumoured B-League... Canberra to be involved?

Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:53 am
no thanks.
Gate7
Gate7
Other football teams : Olympiakos

Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:03 pm
if u ask me i reckon its all been made up but it doesnt look that bad to me id go to the games. i just dont understand why brisbane city and gippsland are involved where is adelaide city or the Bonnyrigg White Eagles?
United On The Gong
United On The Gong

Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:26 pm
Hmmm

Coming from the NSWPL "heartland" area, I know a fair bit about the clubs and its prospects.

1- South Coast FC- If it is a brand new franchise then yes I am all for it, but if it is the the current South Coast Wolves FC set-up then you have got to be kidding. They are standing on their last legs and I get the feeling they are going to fold sooner rather than later.

2- Sydney Olympic- IF we have to use former NSL/A-League clubs then I suppose we would have to use Olympic, South Melbourne, Melbourne Knights and Sydney United. Apparently going through a revolution, so we have to see how that goes.

3- Marconi Stallions Got to be kidding! Marconi have in the last few years, lost all support. Currently getting terrible crowds in the NSWPl. I know this would be a massive step up from the PL, but it would have to take a lot to improve.

4- Sydney United- See Sydney Olympic

5- South Melbourne- See Sydney Olympic and Sydney United.

6- Melbourne Knights- See Sydney Olympic, Sydney United and South Melbourne.

7 - Brisbane City- FAIL, FAIL, FAIL. Have I made my point clear? The Roar are currently struggling, why would this team succeed.

8 - Canberra United- Would of course prefer to see us in the A-League, but I would prefer this more than nothing. But what would crowds be like? Where would we play?

9 - Tasmania United Same scenario as Canberra.

10 - Gippsland Pleas no. We saw with Eastern Pride. A bit of unbalance in the team and this could go very wayward.

All in all, I would prefer to wait a little while.
Golden_CU
Golden_CU
Other football teams : Bradford City

Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:34 pm
How about something like this?

Canberra
Tasmania
South Coast
Geelong
Christchurch
Darwin
Sydney Olympic
Sydney United
South Melbourne
Melbourne Knights
mikey_porto
mikey_porto

Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:18 pm
^^^

Yea mate, i tend to agree with golden_cu. The four bottom teams there seem to be the only NSWPL/VICPL teams who have the funds, support and realistically they may have a strong role to play in the future of Australian football.

Be honest here, do you reckon we will see a team like Hume City or Altona Magic really leaving a mark on Asia. These types of teams are all good for Aus football, but they just won't have the support to survive.

But in saying that, it will still be a hell of a lot of work before those four clubs can convince me and I am sure the FFA.
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:01 pm
All good for canberra as far as it's better than nothing but the overall ramifications of us bringing back the mono ethnic clubs that were causing the problems in the first place into a national league could set australian football back 6 years.

Where would canberra play? bruce would be way to big for crowds of 3Kish which lets be honest we'll probably get, then you've got mckellar which is too small but could be upgraded definately.

IMO if the government don't follow through with their plans of the 40K seat stadium for the world cup and we get word that this A2-league is happening then I'd love to see Mckellar upgraded to a 5kish training facility/canberra A2-league base until we get in the a-league in which case we'll of course move to canberra stadium
Joey47
Joey47

Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:50 pm
Schimch@capital hill wrote:All good for canberra as far as it's better than nothing but the overall ramifications of us bringing back the mono ethnic clubs that were causing the problems in the first place into a national league could set australian football back 6 years.

Where would canberra play? bruce would be way to big for crowds of 3Kish which lets be honest we'll probably get, then you've got mckellar which is too small but could be upgraded definately.

IMO if the government don't follow through with their plans of the 40K seat stadium for the world cup and we get word that this A2-league is happening then I'd love to see Mckellar upgraded to a 5kish training facility/canberra A2-league base until we get in the a-league in which case we'll of course move to canberra stadium

I doubt very much McKellar could be expanded. Right behind the hill side we have a main road.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:29 pm
^^^^^
this is true, what do you suggest then?
Chris1822
Chris1822

Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:45 pm
From a Canberra point of view this is in my opinion the best solution for benefiting expansion franchises. I would have the most viable/best 5 clubs from NSW and VIC incorporated into this "southern conference" and then to have the expansion franchises, after gaining a licence to the A-league, spend a development year in this southern conference.

It would have many benefits IMO:

Financially, it would give clubs a dress rehearsal type thing to give their owners a bit of experience running a club. You would also expect the club to make a profit as it would be running on professional funds in a semi-pro league.

Player wise, the team would consist of just the best of the ACT premier league/promising ACT juniors yet to be signed to an A-league club (ala young socceroo Stephen Domenici, 18ish and uncontracted)/a-league rejects. The cream of this crop would be taken through to the A-league if capable.

Marketing wise, it would give the team a full year of exposure to the public to get the name out there and would create great hype similar to that of a championship side promoted to the EPL.

Thoughts?
Joey47
Joey47

Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:05 pm
Schimch@capital hill wrote:^^^^^
this is true, what do you suggest then?

Really IMO, there are only 2 options.

Option 1: Play out at Canberra Stadium and getting only 3K crowds, with terrible atmosphere.

Option 2: Build a purpose-built football stadium, with capacity of around 7K. And when we hit the A-League, then play out at Canberra Stadium.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:23 pm
so you want the government to fork out lots of money when theoretically we could play in this stadium for 1 season? seems very unplausable even moreso than upgrading mckellar
Galileo
Galileo

Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:02 am
Schimch@capital hill wrote:so you want the government to fork out lots of money when theoretically we could play in this stadium for 1 season? seems very unplausable even moreso than upgrading mckellar

Just remember, that we would only need 5-7K seats. It really would't cost a hell of a lot, considering what the Government do, like building random art works in the middle of Gungahlin Drive. I am sure it then can be used afterwards as a training base for the A-League club, or a World Cup training facility.
Gate7
Gate7
Other football teams : Olympiakos

Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:33 pm
Now this would be an awsome league:

Canberra Olympic
South Melbourne Hellas
Sydney Olympic
Oakleigh Cannons
West Adelaide Hellas
Heidelberg United Alexander
Western Suburbs SC Panellinios
Northcote City Iraklis
Floreat Athena
Brisbane Olympic
Southern Suburbs Pythagoras
Wellington Olympic
Hellenic Athletic
Darwin Olympic
Altona East Phoenix PAOK
Port Melbourne Sharks "Nea Ellas"
Yarraville Glory Doxa
Kingston City
Brunswick City Leonidas
Bentleigh Greens
Waverley Wanderers AEK
Chris1822
Chris1822

Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:15 pm
^^ 100% with you on this, great idea Very Happy

Facepalm
bypopulardemand

Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:17 pm
Needs to be conference based or a cup competition... where will the money come from for all the travel involved?
Chris1822
Chris1822

Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:22 pm
^^
ffa will fund travels as they do in the a-league
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
Other football teams : Leeds United, AFC Wimbledon

Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:27 pm
BAD IDEA!!!!

BACK OUT!!!!

DO NOT DO IT FFA!!!!
tbayern
tbayern
Other football teams : Celtic FC, Tottenham Hotspur, FC Bayern Munchen

Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:52 pm
a B-League of new clubs in cities that haven't allready got 5 other teams competing for support,
I think it should look like this, also with instant 2/2 promotion/relegation

Canberra Athletic
Geelong City
Illawarra/South Coast Wolves
Hobart
Launceston
Cairns
Darwin
Sydney Rovers (who cannot afford A-League start up money atm)

and maybe Gold Coast and North Queensland can drop to B-League if they go bust.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:46 am
I'd think that darwin is the only one their i don't see being feasible atm, however this second tier should still be a while off yet so by that time hopefully football might be in a position where it can take a gamble with darwin.
xiong

Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:56 am
tbayern wrote:a B-League of new clubs in cities that haven't allready got 5 other teams competing for support,
I think it should look like this, also with instant 2/2 promotion/relegation

Canberra Athletic
Geelong City
Illawarra/South Coast Wolves
Hobart
Launceston
Cairns
Darwin
Sydney Rovers (who cannot afford A-League start up money atm)

and maybe Gold Coast and North Queensland can drop to B-League if they go bust.

like it at least 16 teams per division, with 2 promotions and 2 relegations every season up to the A-League. it's a joke not to have promotion/relegation for the whole country to determine the best of the best in the sport. a closed system/league is what is destroying the sport in this country. let the best teams prove themselves in the field.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum