Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
cufc_cc
cufc_cc
Other football teams : Leeds Utd

Geelong aim for A-League team Empty Geelong aim for A-League team

Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:31 pm
Geelong in for A treat?

He is one of the few men to have outfoxed David Beckham and having fallen in love with English footy, he is now prepared to invest in the A League.

London based Darryn Lyons, who owns the worlds biggest celebrity picture agency, says Geelong could play in the A League and is prepared to put his money where his mouth is.

Known as Mr Paparazzi, Lyons firm Big Pictures is valued at more than $100 million, thanks to scandalous incidents such as alleged affair with Rebbecca Loos.

"Theres no doubt I'd like to participate in a Geelong team, whether it be board level, investor level or promotional level," Lyons told Confidential.

"Whatever I was asked to do. I'd do 100 per cent. It's a great chance to get the city into the international arena. You wont get 45,000 but I think you could get 10,000 - 15,000 per match."

Born and bred in Geelong, Lyons played some football as a kid and was soon charmed by the English Premier League.

Age 22, he covered his first game at Queen Park Rangers'Loftus Rd as a photographer and a few years later and a few years later and years later enjoyed his "greatest sporting experiance ever" at the 1990 World Cup final in Rome.

Lyons puts more man-markers on Beckham and Wayne Rooney than most defensive managers and having been privy to hundreds of football scandals - both revealed and concealed - he claims modern players have more money than sense.

"They're all spoilt brats and thats the problem with football in England. Its become obscene the arrogance of the players that aren't in it for the sport, but for the money," he said.

Found it on 442 forum... the user said he got it from the print version of the newspaper.
Toby
Toby

Geelong aim for A-League team Empty Re: Geelong aim for A-League team

Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:05 pm
Well they deserve a team but only after Canberra get one.
tbayern
tbayern
Other football teams : Celtic FC, Tottenham Hotspur, FC Bayern Munchen

Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:35 pm
I think they would be called Geelong City, and have horizontal blue stripes something like the cats AFL team, but better, more like QPR actually.
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:48 am
i might be able to look at this rationally once we get a team but atm i don't want to hear about any other bids that will pose a threat to us not getting a team
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
Other football teams : Leeds United, AFC Wimbledon

Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:47 pm
it makes sense to have a geelong team and it would mean there are 3 Victorian clubs, which would even the numbers up with Queensland (3 clubs) and close the gap on NSW (3 clubs atm, not including Sydney Rovers or Wollongong)
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum