Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
United On The Gong
United On The Gong

How hindsight is a wonderful thing... The resignation/dismissal of Robbie Hooker Empty How hindsight is a wonderful thing... The resignation/dismissal of Robbie Hooker

Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:07 pm
At the time, Robbie Hooker's decision to not re-sign, or it could be considered as the dismissal from Capital Football, was seen as the worst decision that club has made in its short history. Do you still stand by the opinion? Or do you believe that we are better off with Ray Junna?

Hooker was a very defence orientated manager, while Junna is very attacking minded. I know 2008/2009 saw a slightly better season finish than 2009, but lets be honest here... in 2008/09 we had a MUCH better squad. It was loaded with Matildas, and last year we saw a very inexperienced side, with many losses from the former season. There was no Chapman, Munoz, Slatyer (for a fair chunk of the year), no McDonnell, no Mowbray, Hayley Crawford, and Rhian Davies. And yet, in 2009 we made the semi-finals.

So my question to you, was Robbie Hooker's dismissal as head coach, necessarily as bad as it was originally made out to be?
Toby
Toby

How hindsight is a wonderful thing... The resignation/dismissal of Robbie Hooker Empty Re: How hindsight is a wonderful thing... The resignation/dismissal of Robbie Hooker

Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:04 pm
It was always going to be tough with Hooker having done so well. I think Junna has done well last season but this season will determine whether Junna really has the skills as Junna arguably has the best squad Canberra have had to date.
efcmetro1878
efcmetro1878

How hindsight is a wonderful thing... The resignation/dismissal of Robbie Hooker Empty Re: How hindsight is a wonderful thing... The resignation/dismissal of Robbie Hooker

Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:41 pm
Honestly, Hooker is a far superior coach to Junna.
Sometimes I just don't understand what goes through his mind when he makes coaching decisions - perfect example being the semi against Sydney: why would you continue playing a 4-4-2 when we're 2-0 behind in a knockout game? Surely going to a 4-3-3 or a 3-4-3 and attacking would've been a better option considering the options we had on the bench.
When we played Brisbane in the final in the first year, at least we attacked through Munoz and co.
I think if Rayman plays some more attacking football, actually USES the bench he's given and plays to the teams strengths (much like the Adelaide and Perth games last season) then we'll give this season a red hot go.
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
Other football teams : Leeds United, AFC Wimbledon

Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:21 pm
hooker is a much better coach than junna... but it doesnt mean that junna isnt bad, hes done really well so far!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum