Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Latest Aleague4canberra newsletter Empty Latest Aleague4canberra newsletter

Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:30 pm
for anyone who didn't get it from mr.slavich here it is, good to see the forum mentioned:

"It's been a while since I've updated you but as I'm sure you know the decision for the 12th A-League spot is drawing closer. I'd urge all Foundation Members to help make history and encourage your friends and family to join and boost our numbers ahead of the FFA decision.

In this update:

Fight for the 12th spot: Crunch time looms
What we need from our Foundation Members.
Canberra Fans Football Forum
Thankyou to all Canberra Football fans.
Further ACT Government support for World Cup Bid and Canberra Football.
Winners: Canberra Times Ned Zelic Coaching Clinic
And finally; August 1st.

Fight for the 12th spot:

Crunch time looms ever closer as the FFA look to expand the A-League further in 2010, on the back of, hopefully, another successful Socceroos campaign in the FIFA 2010 South Africa World Cup. Wouldn't it be great to get a team in Canberra playing their first game just three weeks after the World Cup ends.

Western Sydney are expected to present their bids in coming days and then the FFA should have a clearer position on all bids. I hope to have some great news for Canberra and our region in the not too distant future.

A-League4Canberra does not have to present its bid again. Our presentation was one of the best the FFA has seen and all they are concerned with at this stage is the level of Capital/Sponsorships A-League4Canberra has to enhance our bid. So that is what we've been working hard on.

We've held a number of discussions with a range of further potential investors/sponsors since the Socceroos game as we aim to build a team we can all be proud of.
Our discussions have lead us to China, Germany, England, Sydney and Melbourne. And of course we have significant commitment and interest here in Canberra.

Foundation Memberships:

We have over 1,730 surely a record for any team (which doesn't exist) in any code in Australia. Can you get two more?

We'd love to double that number and quickly soar towards our goal of 5,000 Foundation Members. Can you encourage just two more Foundation Members to support the bid for Canberra and the surrounding region before August 1st. Go to www.a-league4canberra.com.au and follow the links.

Fans Forum

It's great to see a Canberra football forum has started up by you, the fans. All the football clubs in Australia have this type of grassroot support, and it is clearly an important element in growing a supporter base. And I'm particularly pleased to see the quality of the discussion taking place on the forum. The internet isnt always the best place to discuss things but hats off to the people who have organised this. Special thanks to Christopher and Joey, the forum creators.

Canberrans and fans from surrounding regions; The A-League4Canberra committee thankyou for your wonderful support.

The FFA has stated that our Socceroos v Kuwait record crowd of 20,032 has changed their opinion on what size of crowd a football team from Canberra could attract. A huge thankyou to all those who attended and "talked up" the game. Together we have pushed the Canberra case a significant bit closer.

ACT Government and FIFA 2018 World Cup Bid.

I'm sure you noticed the ACT Government's plans to build a new football stadium should the Australia 2018 bid be successful. This would provide a 26,500 seater stadium complete with a wonderful pitch-centred atmosphere. The long-term vision for football in Australia is very positive and it is just one more reason why we'd like to see a team in the A-League from Canberra and our region.

Finally, while you're cheering the Socceroos, the Wallabies, Canberra Raiders or your favourite AFL team in coming weeks or if you're at your childs sporting fixtures, spread the word and encourage your friends to make history for Canberra and our region and sign up for a Foundation Membership today.

Canberra Times A-League4Canberra Pledge Ned Zelic Coaching Clinic:

A-League4Canberra and the Canberra Times are pleased to announce the Ned Zelic Coaching Clinic will be held in coming days.
All winners have been notified.

And finally: August 1st.

You are one of 1730 Foundation Members already. Do you know any proud Canberrans or Southern New South Welshmen and women, proud sports fans, proud football fans who haven't joined as one of our Foundation Members. I urge you to encourage them to make history, take a Foundation Membership today and give the FFA some further food for thought. Encourage all your friends and family to sign up as Foundation Members before the end of July.

Regards

Ivan Slavich
A-League4Canberra Bid Leader."
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum