Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MinsterMan

A-League games in Canberra this season Empty A-League games in Canberra this season

Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:27 pm
Im not sure if you guys noticed it but in the recently released A-League draw the Central Coast Mariners have two fixtures away from Blue Tounge at a yet to be announced venue.

Ive heard on the roumor mill that this is due to refurbishments at the Gosford Stadium. As the Mariners have close links to capital football and Belconnen United I feel that the mysterious 'yet to be confirmed' venue could well be Canberra Stadium.

Watch this space.
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

A-League games in Canberra this season Empty Re: A-League games in Canberra this season

Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:39 pm
Yea I was thinking about that. Just possibly!
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

A-League games in Canberra this season Empty Re: A-League games in Canberra this season

Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:55 pm
oh yeah! sounds like a real possibility.
Alex351
Alex351
Other football teams : Real Madrid, Reading and Southport

Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:21 pm
If they play in Canberra I don't think the crowd will be that big!
Joey47
Joey47

Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:30 pm
yeah probably 10K or something
thom_canberra
thom_canberra
Other football teams : Ajax, Bolton

Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:27 pm
I dont want to see central coast play in Canberra, i think it will be bad for the Canberra a-league bid and i don't think anyone would go. Im sick of seeing other teams play in Canberra and i really want a Canberra team!!
Chris1822
Chris1822

Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:54 pm
thom_canberra wrote: i think it will be bad for the Canberra a-league bid

how? the 12th spot is decided in june and the a-league season starts in August.
Joey47
Joey47

Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:11 pm
aleague4canberra wrote:
thom_canberra wrote: i think it will be bad for the Canberra a-league bid

how? the 12th spot is decided in june and the a-league season starts in August.
thom_canberra
thom_canberra
Other football teams : Ajax, Bolton

Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:36 pm
The decision for the venue will be made before that though, then the organisers will think its like a second home for central coast and that Canberra dosent need a team
Yid_Army
Yid_Army

Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:39 am
thom_canberra wrote:The decision for the venue will be made before that though, then the organisers will think its like a second home for central coast and that Canberra dosent need a team

You would hope that wouldn't be the case, especially if people turned up in green to show they support (or will support) Canberra
Toby
Toby

Sun May 03, 2009 3:18 am
The Central Coast have played here previously (pulling in 7 thousand). The Jets played here last year getting around 8 I think.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Sun May 03, 2009 10:27 am
yeah it was the CCM vs jets game that filled half the stadium's inner bowl. 8K.

I really think that if we get accepted the game could draw a decent crowd around 12K. but if not there will be no hype about a canberra team so people won't even bother.
Gerrards_Homies808
Gerrards_Homies808
Other football teams : Liverpool F.C.& Celtic F.C.

Mon May 11, 2009 4:24 pm
I think that it will be really good for us to get more than 10k in both because that will be really helpfull for the bid.
GloryPerth
GloryPerth

Wed May 20, 2009 6:59 pm
I think you guys may see a crowd higher than what you saw the last time A-League clubs played here - because this match will be an actual A-League fixture, as opposed to a 'pre-season friendly' as the others essentially were. You also may see more travelling fans, especially from the Central Coast, because of this fact.

So yeah, something like 10-12k would be quite reasonable and actually quite similar, if not slightly better, than the crowds Central Coast have been getting at Bluetongue, in recent times (8-10k they tend to draw).

I don't think those fixtures would impact negatively. It will help keep up interest in the league and might help carry over the Canberra A-League fervour, if you guys are the 12th team by then or not.

Because if you aren't #12, you will certainly be #13, when we expand to 14 teams, come 2011/12 or 2012/13. And if your city is hosting A-League fixtures later this year, earlier next year, then that may time well for added impetus for the next lot of expansion, a decision that could come as early as the following season, like June 2010, or the season after, June 2011. If it's the latter, and CC's crowds do draw over 10k in 10/11, then you'd likely see a couple more fixtures the following season anyway, which helps to sustain the momentum and evidence for the FFA, of the interest in the game, here.
Joey47
Joey47

Thu May 21, 2009 6:57 pm
Australia U/20's vs Middlesborough in doubt..
Toby
Toby

Sat May 23, 2009 12:31 pm
Same with Sydney FC v Middlesborough
arinceo
arinceo

Sun May 24, 2009 1:23 pm
All the Mariners' fans up here on the coast feel that this fixture movement is a real slap in the face to us actually because we weren't told about it by the club, it was the FFA who released it in their draw.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum