Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Nickname for McKellar and Canberra Stadium Empty Nickname for McKellar and Canberra Stadium

Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:46 pm
Most teams have a nickname for their team's stadium. Most notably NRL teams, eg. The Cauldron- Broncos, The Graveyard- Storm. Not only in the NRL but also in the league in Europe and A-League. Newcastle Jets- The Squadron (That is also their army), Perth Glory- The shed (also the army).

So therefore we have to come up with one for the W-League at McKellar, and then when we get a team in the A-League at Canberra Stadium.

Any ideas?
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Nickname for McKellar and Canberra Stadium Empty Re: Nickname for McKellar and Canberra Stadium

Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:54 pm
capital territory
Joey47
Joey47

Nickname for McKellar and Canberra Stadium Empty Re: Nickname for McKellar and Canberra Stadium

Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:58 pm
^^^^

No it's got to have meaning to the stadium and/or club. Capital Territory does, but you could do it to any Canberran team. eg. The Raiders' is "The Furnace"
Toby
Toby

Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:10 pm
Proud2BeCanberran wrote:^^^^

No it's got to have meaning to the stadium and/or club. Capital Territory does, but you could do it to any Canberran team. eg. The Raiders' is "The Furnace"

Well how about something in line with the Fan Group, ie "The Court" maybe something else but u follow my drift..
grazrat
Other football teams : Glasgow Rangers, Derby County, Fiorentina

Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:01 pm
correct if i'm wrong but was'y there a campaign to give canberra stadium a nickname a few years ago. I think the winning name was "the wrecking yard". Me and mates still use this nickname, but yeah didn't really take off.

I like the idea of something related to capital punishment, "like the court"
Joey47
Joey47

Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:06 pm
grazrat wrote:correct if i'm wrong but was'y there a campaign to give canberra stadium a nickname a few years ago. I think the winning name was "the wrecking yard". Me and mates still use this nickname, but yeah didn't really take off.

I like the idea of something related to capital punishment, "like the court"

Good to see you back on the forum, Grazrat. I am not sure if there was a competition and if it was it would've been just for the Raiders. I have heard Canberra Stadium being given the term "The Wrecking Yard". I got this idea for the thread from the Greenhouse (Raiders Forum). They just wanted to "rename" it.
Toby
Toby

Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:45 pm
The tribunal? Judgement arena?
TheBigMan
TheBigMan
Other football teams : Millwall, Chelsea, Valencia, Juventus

Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:46 pm
i know the brumbies tried to rename it 'fortress canberra' a few years back but that wont help, i like 'the court' or 'the courthouse'
Gate7
Gate7
Other football teams : Olympiakos

Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:39 am
i just call it bruce, its traditional name
langers
langers

Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:16 pm
yeah i like bruce. i reckon the court or courthouse is too corny
efcmetro1878
efcmetro1878

Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:44 pm
McKellar could be the Little Mac and Bruce could be the Grand Old Lady lol
Joey47
Joey47

Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:09 pm
I'm starting to grow on "The Chamber", in relation to Capital Punishment. Thoughts?
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
Other football teams : Leeds United, AFC Wimbledon

Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:07 pm
efcmetro1878 wrote:McKellar could be the Little Mac and Bruce could be the Grand Old Lady lol

i love that... lol ... Canberra United vs Sydney FC at the Grand Old Lady
alan
alan
Other football teams : CSKA Moscow, Russia National Team

Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:11 pm
The Kremlin
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited

Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:25 pm
WTF is the kremlin???
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited

Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:25 pm
WTF is the kremlin???
Alex351
Alex351
Other football teams : Real Madrid, Reading and Southport

Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:14 pm
The russian parliament i think Confused
Sebastian
Sebastian
Other football teams : Liverpool, Rangers, Leeds United

Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:25 am
WTF Facepalm the russian parliament????
efcmetro1878
efcmetro1878

Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:15 am
langers wrote:yeah i like bruce. i reckon the court or courthouse is too corny

Bruce's Stadium?
Nickname for McKellar and Canberra Stadium Bruce-shark

Get a HUUUUGE poster of that.
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:27 am
lol
Toby
Toby

Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:24 pm
I still reckon the tribunal or the courthouse a/ its relations to capital punishment b/ link to the canberra city of pollies and lawyers lol
efcmetro1878
efcmetro1878

Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:49 pm
We could all sit in tennis umpires' chairs and call it the High Court.

Alternatively, we could all get baked. Fits in with the Greens, High Courts and political debate.
Toby
Toby

Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:25 am
Haha love the tennis umpires chairs idea doubt it would be feasible though. HOWEVER, we could wear magistrate wigs??? Very Happy
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited

Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:10 pm
what about 'the upper house' or 'the lower house' or 'the senate'... i know their chessy but it goes with everyones perception that canberra is all about pollies!
Toby
Toby

Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:25 pm
You could label one end of the ground 'the upper house' and the other end 'the lower house'. You could have chanting based on that (I have in mind Mebourne supporters South - East - West - North wing chant)
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum