Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy canberra a-league team for 2010-11 season

+10
Joey47
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
TheBigMan
xEAx
MinsterMan
Raider_United
Gate7
Nonno Gomes
Chris1822
Admin_Capital Punishment
14 posters
Go down
Admin_Capital Punishment
Admin_Capital Punishment
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net

Fantasy canberra a-league team for 2010-11 season Empty Fantasy canberra a-league team for 2010-11 season

Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:04 pm
Keepers: set our sights on nathan coe.

Defenders: josip simunic would be awesome our marquee. topor-stanley. matthew kemp. trent mclenahan.

Midfielders: kaz patafta. Jacob burns. insert CAM cheap brazilian. bradley porter.

Forwards: Danny invincible. Richard porta.

so pontentially..

----------------coe---------------
mclenahan--simunic---TS-----Kemp
--------------Burns--------------
Patafta------------------porter
-------------brazilian-----------
-------invincible---Porta-------

bench
codie larkin
stephen domenici
chris tadrosse
Eric paartalu

that team would probably fit the cap of 1.9 million, and that figure is likely to have been increased by next season.

money estimations per year

coe: 200K
mclenahan: 150K
simunic: (marquee) 1 mil
topor-stanley: 70K
kemp: 70K
patafta: 80K
Burns: 200K
Brazilian: 200K
Porter: 100K
invincible: 200K
porta: 200K
larkin: 20K
domenici: 20K
tadrosse: 80K
paartalu: 80K

six more squaddies with 330K to spare maybe a few foreigners

this is all just estimations of a realistic team i would like to see.

this is a finals team IMO
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Fantasy canberra a-league team for 2010-11 season Empty Re: Fantasy canberra a-league team for 2010-11 season

Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:56 am
good team and pretty realistic too.

the ACT has 4 players in the U-17 joeys team which would come through to play for canberra -league team. also we have a few in the AIS program which would be good.

i would be over the moon if that was our team.
Nonno Gomes
Nonno Gomes

Fantasy canberra a-league team for 2010-11 season Empty Re: Fantasy canberra a-league team for 2010-11 season

Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:30 pm
the canberra team should build on the AIS squads. i mean they're already in canberra and they can start to play regular quality football (not victorian league). this will help football in the capital (giving our players a pathway) most of all they'll be cheap (cut running costs in the first season.
Nonno Gomes
Nonno Gomes

Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:30 pm
the canberra team should build on the AIS squads. i mean they're already in canberra and they can start to play regular quality football (not victorian league). this will help football in the capital (giving our players a pathway) most of all they'll be cheap (cut running costs in the first season.
Gate7
Gate7
Other football teams : Olympiakos

Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:56 pm
-------------------------M.Theoklitos-------------------------
T.Elrich-------M.Rudan-------P.Bojic-----N.Tsattalios
--------------K.Katsouranis-----S.Colosimo--------------
S.Giannakopoulos------------------------G.Karagounis
----------------------------K.Patafta-----------------------------
----------------------------M.Bridge-----------------------------

So wat I've got here is a 4-5-1. When it comes to my midflield it consists of 2 defensive midfielders, 1 attacking midfielder and 2 wingers. Katsouranis is the marquee and hopefully we can squeeze Karagounis in under the salary cap, maybe make him assistant coach as well which is more money for him which won't come under the cap.

Before anyone criticizes this remember its a FANTASY lineup
Admin_Capital Punishment
Admin_Capital Punishment

Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:15 pm
Nonno Gomes wrote:the canberra team should build on the AIS squads. i mean they're already in canberra and they can start to play regular quality football (not victorian league). this will help football in the capital (giving our players a pathway) most of all they'll be cheap (cut running costs in the first season.

i agree that we need a few AIS players in the squad but i don't know about making up the whole team.
Raider_United
Raider_United

Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:50 pm
The team that Admin posted is one that will compete for the title. Will be great and is quite realistic.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:41 pm
according to football manager's player wages per year (which are pretty accurate)...

coe:125K
mclenahan:73K
simunic: 4.7 mil
topor stanley: 73K
kemp: 84K
patafta: 86K
J.burns: 125K
brazilians in the a-league: around 150K
B.porter: 100K
invincibile: 375K
porta: 1 mil

bench:
larkin: no wages
Domenici: (not professional yet so lets just say) 20K
tadrosse: 75K
paartalu: 80K

just that team adds up to 2.386 mil but you'd have to expect people like invincibile and porta to take significant pay cuts.

then you need another 6 squaddies which would average about 40K each so that's another 240K. taking the total to 2.626 mil.

the salary cap is 1.9 mil so if you tak porta's wages to 400K and invincibile's to 250K you get 1.9 mil.

and as for simunic well we're not gonna be able to pay him 4.7 mil, at most 1 mil so he'd probably only move as a lifestyle choice. you could even pay him on the side to be a coach.

so that team is pretty realistic with flair right through the team. that would take us into the finals for sure.
MinsterMan

Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:07 pm
Hey guys, some good ideas in this thread. But for me:

Richard Porta would never, ever come to any A-League team. He's at a first division team in Portugal and is only young, he will want a step up for his next contract, not a massive step down.

I dearly hope we never see Topor-Stanley or McLenahan representing Canberra.

I think its now proven that Patafta is not right for the A-League. Flopped at two clubs in short succession now. Needs to move to a league more suited to his style of play.

When scouting overseas players Im convinced that we should not be looking at Brazilians or Europeans. Victory did well to look in Costa Rica and are now reaping the benifits of thinking outside the square. But I think A-League teams, rather than begging for the scraps from bigger football countries, should be plucking the standout gems from smaller Asian leagues. Football around the world is a food chain, bigger countries poach our players, as we should do to smaller national leagues than ours, like Malasia, Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore, Vietnam......

At Manley United, Robbie Cattanach would be a great A-League signing for Canberra.

Lindsay Wilson is a Canberra boy and former fringe Socceroo that doesnt have a club right now. Aged about 28 I think.

I doubt we could get them but Steven Lustica and Kofi Danning are two excellent young Canberra prospects. You never know, offer them a bit more cash and we could get lucky.

But a bulk of the squad would be made up of players that are coming off contract with their current A-League clubs and are deemed excess to requirments, like the NQ Fury has done.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:11 pm
i agree with most of the stuff there minster man. esp about porta.

but i do believe that invincibile would come. and only taking the very best from the asian leagues would do, because their leagues are of a much lower standard.

i would like to see mclenahan though.
MinsterMan

Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:08 pm
aleague4canberra wrote:i agree with most of the stuff there minster man. esp about porta.

but i do believe that invincibile would come. and only taking the very best from the asian leagues would do, because their leagues are of a much lower standard.

i would like to see mclenahan though.

Invincible would probably make a solid signing, and maybe Im being too tough on McLenahan. Ive only seen him play at the Olympics and he looked horible, barly up to minimal professional standard.

Coe worth looking into, a quick look at his wiki page says he's hardly played over the last couple of years, maybe first team football back home would appeal to him just like Van Stratten.

Kemp would be worth getting back, and Simunic would make a great marquee.

Even a few of the local players would be good for some squaddies. If nothing else it would help build community support amoungst the Canbera public to have some local boys in the team. And Canberra deakin for one have a great record of producing talent. Simunic, Zelic and more recently Danning all came through the club. Ive seen them a few times this season and there is one or two worth looking at for a step up.

And I wouldnt be too quick to judge some of the other Asian leagues in comparison to the A-League. Unlike the in Australia, you find that a lot of Asian countries not many of their best players move overseas which leaves the local clubs relitivly strong, Chonburi from Thailand made short work of Melbourne Victory 3-1 when the Vicory were coming off their all conquering season. and some of the indonesian teams would be about on par. Definetly worth looking at the cream of their crop as they would come quite cheaply.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:20 am
if you're judging mclenahan from his performances at the olympics then you're forgetting who the coach was.

i did include a local player on the bench and i would expect the other 6 players to come locally or off contract a-league players.

i seem to remember melbourne coming 6th before going into that ACL campaign.
xEAx
xEAx

Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:38 pm
Dude,
Simunic should definetly be in the team :)
He is one of the BEST DEFENDERS Australia has ever produced.
GO SIMUNIC
Admin_Capital Punishment
Admin_Capital Punishment

Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:39 pm
pity he's an unpatriotic croatian
xEAx
xEAx

Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:41 pm
screw you
Chris1822
Chris1822

Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:51 pm
^^^^^^^^^^^

what? do you disagree with the statement that he is unpatriotic?
TheBigMan
TheBigMan
Other football teams : Millwall, Chelsea, Valencia, Juventus

Sun May 10, 2009 4:22 pm
Gate7 wrote:-------------------------M.Theoklitos-------------------------
T.Elrich-------M.Rudan-------P.Bojic-----N.Tsattalios
--------------K.Katsouranis-----S.Colosimo--------------
S.Giannakopoulos------------------------G.Karagounis
----------------------------K.Patafta-----------------------------
----------------------------M.Bridge-----------------------------

So wat I've got here is a 4-5-1. When it comes to my midflield it consists of 2 defensive midfielders, 1 attacking midfielder and 2 wingers. Katsouranis is the marquee and hopefully we can squeeze Karagounis in under the salary cap, maybe make him assistant coach as well which is more money for him which won't come under the cap.

Before anyone criticizes this remember its a FANTASY lineup

you must be dreaming, we arent gonna get those players
i reckon a couple of excellent aussie or kiwis or whatever plus a bunch of the best AIS and ACTAS players they're at our doorstep so lets take advantage of it.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Mon May 11, 2009 1:34 pm
ryan nelsen????
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
Other football teams : Leeds United, AFC Wimbledon

Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:18 am
--------------------------jones------------------------------
----kemp-------topor-stanley------simunic-------beauchamp----
-------ontong-----casey------------valeri------patafa--------
------------------danning-------djite------------------------

GK: Brad Jones, Middlesbrough (England)
DF: Matt Kemp, Melbourne (Australia)
DF: Nikolai Topor-Stanley, Newcastle (Australia)
DF: Josip Simunic,TSG 1899 Hoffenheim (Germany)
DF: Michael Beauchamp, AaB (Denmark)
MF: Shaun Ontong, Newcastle (Australia)
MF: Adam Casey, Sydney (Australia)
MF: Carl Valeri, Grosseto (Italy)
MF: Kaz Patafa, Newcastle (Australia)
FW: Kofi Danning, Sydney (Australia)
FW: Bruce Djite, Gençlerbirliği (Turkey)
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:22 pm
JohnLovesCanberraUnited wrote:--------------------------jones------------------------------

That is a lot more realistic than the first side.... except for Djite and Jones- swap jones for Coe and now we're talking. Wink
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited

Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:24 pm
Proud2BeCanberran wrote:
JohnLovesCanberraUnited wrote:--------------------------jones------------------------------

That is a lot more realistic than the first side.... except for Djite and Jones- swap jones for Coe and now we're talking. Wink

i dont know... jones could be the keeper we need... coe is good but jones is better! and djite will come cause he'll get more attention here than in turkey
TheBigMan
TheBigMan

Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:28 pm

i like that squad... valeri and jones might be hard to attract... even simunic
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:28 pm
JohnLovesCanberraUnited wrote:
Proud2BeCanberran wrote:

i dont know... jones could be the keeper we need... coe is good but jones is better! and djite will come cause he'll get more attention here than in turkey

I'm not saying Coe is better than Jones, I am saying Coe is more realistic. Jones would be aiming for being the next keeper after Schwarzer, so I doubts coming home would get him the spot.

As for Djite, there is not way in the world he would come back at 22. he will be aiming for a future Socceroo and Turkey is still a big league.
TheBigMan
TheBigMan

Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:35 pm
Proud2BeCanberran wrote:
Proud2BeCanberran wrote:

I'm not saying Coe is better than Jones, I am saying Coe is more realistic. Jones would be aiming for being the next keeper after Schwarzer, so I doubts coming home would get him the spot.

As for Djite, there is not way in the world he would come back at 22. he will be aiming for a future Socceroo and Turkey is still a big league.

then again, coe is younger than jones, and coe hasn't been playing in europe for as long as jones has, now i don't know how much playing time coe is getting but i am certain jones is not getting much at Boro. it would benefit him socceroo wise a lot
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited

Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:53 pm
TheBigMan wrote:
Proud2BeCanberran wrote:
Proud2BeCanberran wrote:

then again, coe is younger than jones, and coe hasn't been playing in europe for as long as jones has, now i don't know how much playing time coe is getting but i am certain jones is not getting much at Boro. it would benefit him socceroo wise a lot

yer....thats what im getting at.... jones is stuck on the bench..... i dont know about coe but he is what 24 and jones is reaching 30... jones has spent a lot of time behind better players and i think this is the break that he wants.... first keeper... i still think if you offer it to djite he would weigh up his options...
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum