Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy canberra a-league team for 2010-11 season

+10
Joey47
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
TheBigMan
xEAx
MinsterMan
Raider_United
Gate7
Nonno Gomes
Chris1822
Admin_Capital Punishment
14 posters
Go down
mikey_porto
mikey_porto

Fantasy canberra a-league team for 2010-11 season - Page 2 Empty Re: Fantasy canberra a-league team for 2010-11 season

Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:10 pm
JohnLovesCanberraUnited wrote:
TheBigMan wrote:
Proud2BeCanberran wrote:
Proud2BeCanberran wrote:
JohnLovesCanberraUnited wrote:--------------------------jones------------------------------
----kemp-------topor-stanley------simunic-------beauchamp----
-------ontong-----casey------------valeri------patafa--------
------------------danning-------djite------------------------

GK: Brad Jones, Middlesbrough (England)
DF: Matt Kemp, Melbourne (Australia)
DF: Nikolai Topor-Stanley, Newcastle (Australia)
DF: Josip Simunic,TSG 1899 Hoffenheim (Germany)
DF: Michael Beauchamp, AaB (Denmark)
MF: Shaun Ontong, Newcastle (Australia)
MF: Adam Casey, Sydney (Australia)
MF: Carl Valeri, Grosseto (Italy)
MF: Kaz Patafa, Newcastle (Australia)
FW: Kofi Danning, Sydney (Australia)
FW: Bruce Djite, Gençlerbirliği (Turkey)

That is a lot more realistic than the first side.... except for Djite and Jones- swap jones for Coe and now we're talking. Wink

i dont know... jones could be the keeper we need... coe is good but jones is better! and djite will come cause he'll get more attention here than in turkey

I'm not saying Coe is better than Jones, I am saying Coe is more realistic. Jones would be aiming for being the next keeper after Schwarzer, so I doubts coming home would get him the spot.

As for Djite, there is not way in the world he would come back at 22. he will be aiming for a future Socceroo and Turkey is still a big league.

then again, coe is younger than jones, and coe hasn't been playing in europe for as long as jones has, now i don't know how much playing time coe is getting but i am certain jones is not getting much at Boro. it would benefit him socceroo wise a lot

yer....thats what im getting at.... jones is stuck on the bench..... i dont know about coe but he is what 24 and jones is reaching 30... jones has spent a lot of time behind better players and i think this is the break that he wants.... first keeper... i still think if you offer it to djite he would weigh up his options...

what P2BC is saying is that, Brad Jones is 27. He has always been there or ther abouts is the Socceroos set up. Once Schwarzer retires that will be his big chance at securing the Australia goalkepping shirt. When his contract is up, I am sure he wouldn't take a step back and come back to Australia and risk everything- instead look at first team football in lets say Holland or something.

AS for Coe, he has only been selected in the Socceroos squad once or something and would only get a Socceroos chance if he came back home.
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
Other football teams : Leeds United, AFC Wimbledon

Fantasy canberra a-league team for 2010-11 season - Page 2 Empty Re: Fantasy canberra a-league team for 2010-11 season

Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:47 pm
mikey_porto wrote:
TheBigMan wrote:
Proud2BeCanberran wrote:
Proud2BeCanberran wrote:
JohnLovesCanberraUnited wrote:--------------------------jones------------------------------

That is a lot more realistic than the first side.... except for Djite and Jones- swap jones for Coe and now we're talking. Wink

i dont know... jones could be the keeper we need... coe is good but jones is better! and djite will come cause he'll get more attention here than in turkey

I'm not saying Coe is better than Jones, I am saying Coe is more realistic. Jones would be aiming for being the next keeper after Schwarzer, so I doubts coming home would get him the spot.

As for Djite, there is not way in the world he would come back at 22. he will be aiming for a future Socceroo and Turkey is still a big league.

then again, coe is younger than jones, and coe hasn't been playing in europe for as long as jones has, now i don't know how much playing time coe is getting but i am certain jones is not getting much at Boro. it would benefit him socceroo wise a lot

yer....thats what im getting at.... jones is stuck on the bench..... i dont know about coe but he is what 24 and jones is reaching 30... jones has spent a lot of time behind better players and i think this is the break that he wants.... first keeper... i still think if you offer it to djite he would weigh up his options...

what P2BC is saying is that, Brad Jones is 27. He has always been there or ther abouts is the Socceroos set up. Once Schwarzer retires that will be his big chance at securing the Australia goalkepping shirt. When his contract is up, I am sure he wouldn't take a step back and come back to Australia and risk everything- instead look at first team football in lets say Holland or something.

AS for Coe, he has only been selected in the Socceroos squad once or something and would only get a Socceroos chance if he came back home.

for me i still like the idea of Jones but why does it have to be Coe.... im sure there are plenty of great keepers around.... why not young Pom or European... Brazilian??? if you look at my squad i only have one foreign player... Simunic (Croatia)....
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:52 pm
mikey_porto wrote:
TheBigMan wrote:
Proud2BeCanberran wrote:
Proud2BeCanberran wrote:

for me i still like the idea of Jones but why does it have to be Coe.... im sure there are plenty of great keepers around.... why not young Pom or European... Brazilian??? if you look at my squad i only have one foreign player... Simunic (Croatia)....

Just saying coe is a good choice because he seems to be proven and is highly rated. I am not saying he is the only choice, our keeper would have to speak English BTW.
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited

Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:00 pm
Proud2BeCanberran wrote:
mikey_porto wrote:
TheBigMan wrote:
Proud2BeCanberran wrote:
Proud2BeCanberran wrote:

Just saying coe is a good choice because he seems to be proven and is highly rated. I am not saying he is the only choice, our keeper would have to speak English BTW.

what about this guy i found... Joe Hart...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Hart

English Under 21 regular...from Man City but he is stuck on the bench??
Toby
Toby

Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:12 pm
Proud2BeCanberran wrote:
mikey_porto wrote:
TheBigMan wrote:
Proud2BeCanberran wrote:
Proud2BeCanberran wrote:

This is an entirely A-league and European assembled squad! Guys, the most likely scenario will be a couple of European based aussies returning, a couple of A-league players, some from the NSW and ACT Premier Leagues and a bunch of youngsters for the ACT and NSW Premier League.. Our starting 11 won't be current A-league and European players.
Joey47
Joey47

Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:42 am
Toby wrote:
Proud2BeCanberran wrote:
mikey_porto wrote:
TheBigMan wrote:
Proud2BeCanberran wrote:
Proud2BeCanberran wrote:

This is an entirely A-league and European assembled squad! Guys, the most likely scenario will be a couple of European based aussies returning, a couple of A-league players, some from the NSW and ACT Premier Leagues and a bunch of youngsters for the ACT and NSW Premier League.. Our starting 11 won't be current A-league and European players.

Yea, you are right.

Every team in the league has some former Premier League player playing in its team.

We will have to get a lot of our players from the NSW Premier League, AIS, some current A-league players and then some overseas proven Aussies and foreigners.
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited

Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:43 am
Toby wrote:
Proud2BeCanberran wrote:
mikey_porto wrote:
TheBigMan wrote:
Proud2BeCanberran wrote:
Proud2BeCanberran wrote:

thats only the starting 11... of course we would have ACT PL players in the squad... that's just the starting 11!!!
Joey47
Joey47

Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:47 am
Toby wrote:
Proud2BeCanberran wrote:
mikey_porto wrote:
TheBigMan wrote:
Proud2BeCanberran wrote:
Proud2BeCanberran wrote:

thats only the starting 11... of course we would have ACT PL players in the squad... that's just the starting 11!!!

Mate, you see every team with some NSW premier League players in the starting 11. We won't have the funds and the requirements to satisfy that team.
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited

Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:50 am
Proud2BeCanberran wrote:
Toby wrote:
Proud2BeCanberran wrote:
mikey_porto wrote:
TheBigMan wrote:
Proud2BeCanberran wrote:
Proud2BeCanberran wrote:

Mate, you see every team with some NSW premier League players in the starting 11. We won't have the funds and the requirements to satisfy that team.

Yer i guess..... who would be marquee??? Simunic or Valeri??
Joey47
Joey47

Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:34 am
I think our team can consist of this:

GK: Nathan Coe
LB: Matthew Kemp
CB: Nikolai Topor-Stanley
CB: Josip Simunic (c)
RB: Loco
LM: Ali Abbas Al-Hilfi
DM: Shaun Ontong
AM: Kaz Patafta
RM: Kim Kang-Hyeon (f)
ST: Danny Invincible
ST: Kevin Lisbie (f)

S1 (GK): Michael Turnbull
S2: Stephen Domenici
S3: Taylor Beaton
S4: Marton Vass

Nathan Coe- Proven Aussie goalkeeper
Matthew Kemp- Current A-League player and Canberran
Josip Simunic- Canberran who has stated that he would love to come back. Captain?
Nikolai Topor-Stanley- Current A-League player and Canberran
Loco- An Angola national team football player. Has 18 caps and is experienced. Played in 06 world cup.
Ali Abbas Al-Hilfi- An Iraqi international who now plays for Marconi Stallions. A-League clubs were after him last year
Shaun Ontong- Current A-League player and Canberran.
Kaz Patafta- Current A-League player and Canberran.
Kim Kang-Hyeon- Playing in K2-League and has played for Pohang Steelers before.
Danny Invicible- Proven Australian striker. Has stated he wants to come back home.
Kevin Lisbie- A Jamaican international currently playing for Colchester. These are the signings the A-league has made lately

Michael Turnbull- back up keeper in the 2000 olympics. Playing for Sydney Olympic
Stephen Domenici- Currently plays for AIS and is Canberran. Only 17.
Taylor Beaton- Currently plays for Belconnen United and trialed for CCM where he scored 2 goals in a warm up match
Marton Vass- A NSW premier League player who has played inthe A-League before.

Not saying this is what I want. I am saying this is the kind of players that we will have.
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited

Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:08 am
Proud2BeCanberran wrote:I think our team can consist of this:

Josip Simunic- Canberran who has stated that he would love to come back. Captain?
Loco- An Angola national team football player. Has 18 caps and is experienced. Played in 06 world cup.
Ali Abbas Al-Hilfi- An Iraqi international who now plays for Marconi Stallions. A-League clubs were after him last year
Danny Invicible- Proven Australian striker. Has stated he wants to come back home.
Kevin Lisbie- A Jamaican international currently playing for Colchester. These are the signings the A-league has made lately

Michael Turnbull- back up keeper in the 2000 olympics. Playing for Sydney Olympic
Taylor Beaton- Currently plays for Belconnen United and trialed for CCM where he scored 2 goals in a warm up match

Not saying this is what I want. I am saying this is the kind of players that we will have.

that's a good squad but i don't know how many foreign players you are allowed...the ffa have a rule that teams are only allowed a certain number of foreign players...
Joey47
Joey47

Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:13 am

that's a good squad but i don't know how many foreign players you are allowed...the ffa have a rule that teams are only allowed a certain number of foreign players...

You are allowed 4 and I have four: Loco, Lisbie, Kang-Hyeon and Ali Abbas Al-Hilfi. Simunic isn't a foreigner as he was born in Canberra and has Australian nationality.
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:15 pm
to anyone saying danning will play for us, dream on. he will go to europe after this season and won't be back for 10 years, so maybe in 2020 we can have him.

and valeri won't be our marquee, that's just silly, he's still young and has a lot of time still in europe before returning.

simunic is a more realistic choice, currently at hoffenheim so not a huge club, and i know he's getting on but will still do a job for us. don't know about whether he'll like the money here though.

djite? see danning

P2BC's side is pretty realistic, i'd like us to get some aussies abroad that aren't too high profile and bring them back, they are the players we should look to.
RealCanberra23
RealCanberra23

Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:06 pm

Yea, that is the most realistic side out of all of the teams so far. A mixture of foreigners, canberrans, AIS players and premier league players.

Also, for the reserves you can have players like Steven Lustica and Chris Bush.
CFCCOUK
CFCCOUK
http://www21.sbs.com.au/wgforum

Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:21 pm
Simunic will stay with Hoffenheim for the full contract, which was 3 years IIRC, barring anything crazy happening with his relations with the club.

Beyond that, it would be the same general idea as NQ - pull back some decent talent from Europe, pull up what we can out of the State Leagues - still a rich ground which when properly plundered can provide very good HAL players (think Ognenovski, Vargas, bojic, Jedinak et al) and could provide much.

Otherwise would like to see a side look to Asia and areas untapped by Australian clubs so much.

But one has to be realistic about the whole process.

Get the license first - thats the big fish.
Joey47
Joey47

Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:29 am
CFCCOUK wrote:Simunic will stay with Hoffenheim for the full contract, which was 3 years IIRC, barring anything crazy happening with his relations with the club.

Beyond that, it would be the same general idea as NQ - pull back some decent talent from Europe, pull up what we can out of the State Leagues - still a rich ground which when properly plundered can provide very good HAL players (think Ognenovski, Vargas, bojic, Jedinak et al) and could provide much.

Otherwise would like to see a side look to Asia and areas untapped by Australian clubs so much.

But one has to be realistic about the whole process.

Get the license first - thats the big fish.

Yea, I think we may need that first before we get the nod. lol
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum