Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
the head
the head
Location : Duffy. That's where I live mofo. Where I do my thing.

Western Sydney Bid Overview - Page 2 Empty Re: Western Sydney Bid Overview

Mon May 11, 2009 11:10 am
Proud2BeCanberran wrote:
aleague4canberra wrote:^^^^^^^

ok i guess it doesn't really matter, especially on a WS a-league bid forum

just on the logic of 300km from here to sydney airoprt going at 100 km/h do the math

um, the speed limit isn't 100km the whole way through. On the way to Sydney you have to go through MANY towns it isn't 100 km speed limit.

Even on many highways it isn't 100km. Just check on some of the websites.

I don't know which road you take between Canberra and Sydney, but you should be on the Federal highway and then the Hume. It's 110kph limit from the ACT/NSW border all the way to the start of the M5 where the limit becomes 100 until variable limits are enforced after the toll booths. No NSW towns to go through. 2h 45m from Watson to the domestic terminal.

Which towns are you going through on your way to Sydney? If it's scenic maybe I'll give it a try, but I generally like to get there as quickly as possible.
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Mon May 11, 2009 1:39 pm
totally agree thehead
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Mon May 11, 2009 3:54 pm
the head wrote:
Proud2BeCanberran wrote:
aleague4canberra wrote:^^^^^^^

ok i guess it doesn't really matter, especially on a WS a-league bid forum

just on the logic of 300km from here to sydney airoprt going at 100 km/h do the math

um, the speed limit isn't 100km the whole way through. On the way to Sydney you have to go through MANY towns it isn't 100 km speed limit.

Even on many highways it isn't 100km. Just check on some of the websites.

I don't know which road you take between Canberra and Sydney, but you should be on the Federal highway and then the Hume. It's 110kph limit from the ACT/NSW border all the way to the start of the M5 where the limit becomes 100 until variable limits are enforced after the toll booths. No NSW towns to go through. 2h 45m from Watson to the domestic terminal.

Which towns are you going through on your way to Sydney? If it's scenic maybe I'll give it a try, but I generally like to get there as quickly as possible.

I don't know.. I was just getting those stats from the National Road website.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Mon May 11, 2009 5:15 pm
^^^^^^^^

you just couldn't listen could you?
Joey47
Joey47

Mon May 11, 2009 5:33 pm
aleague4canberra wrote:^^^^^^^^

you just couldn't listen could you?

Oh Bloody Hell I am getting sick of this.

Congratulations it takes you 2hrs and 45 mins to get to Sydney. I can not give a Crap anymore!

We have all Moved on. can we just focus on WS's bid?

I am sorry if you don't agree with the national and international websites....

*sigh

Last edited by Proud2BeCanberran on Mon May 11, 2009 7:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Chris1822
Chris1822

Mon May 11, 2009 6:16 pm
you can't give a crap??????? i'm pretty sure you just argued with me all thread about this. you couldn't just let it go, i stopped now lets continue the thread.

i think that if WS are given exclusive negotiating rightswithout needing the required 6 mil that we do not get in. however if the FFA just assesses each bid with the required money in june we'll get it. but i'm not confident anymore unfortunately
Joey47
Joey47

Mon May 11, 2009 7:41 pm
aleague4canberra wrote:you can't give a crap??????? i'm pretty sure you just argued with me all thread about this. you couldn't just let it go, i stopped now lets continue the thread.

i think that if WS are given exclusive negotiating rightswithout needing the required 6 mil that we do not get in. however if the FFA just assesses each bid with the required money in june we'll get it. but i'm not confident anymore unfortunately

um, just read most of the 2nd page and everyone was now talking about the WS bid. And then it come up again.

And BTW, key word in the post I made before ANYMORE.

Anyway just move on...
Chris1822
Chris1822

Mon May 11, 2009 9:14 pm
yep i moved on when i posted that point about having the money up front you brought it up again
Joey47
Joey47

Tue May 12, 2009 7:12 am
aleague4canberra wrote:yep i moved on when i posted that point about having the money up front you brought it up again

in the post you made above you said "can't give a crap anymore??????"

You asked it, I answered it.

Anyway lets just move on seriously...
Raider_United
Raider_United

Tue May 12, 2009 4:18 pm
aleague4canberra wrote:yep i moved on when i posted that point about having the money up front you brought it up again

stop acting like an idiot. Reeks of immaturity....

Last edited by Graham Arnold OUT! on Tue May 12, 2009 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
the head
the head

Tue May 12, 2009 4:34 pm
Graham Arnold OUT! wrote:
who cares about it

Your mama.

:shock:
Raider_United
Raider_United

Tue May 12, 2009 4:36 pm
the head wrote:
who cares about it

Your mama.

:shock:

che?
Joey47
Joey47

Tue May 12, 2009 5:27 pm

stop acting like an idiot. Reeks of immaturity....

someones lashed out? :lol:
Joey47
Joey47

Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:00 pm
GARY Van Egmond is leaving Newcastle Jets to take the job of head coach at the AIS football program and for the national U/17s.

It's understood he is on a four year deal worth $200,000 per year.

Van Egmond had also reportedly been interviewed for one of the western Sydney bids but has opted for a job with the national set up.

Van Egmond was unavailable for comment but it's understood he will announce it on Monday and exits the A-League club immediately.

Jets technical director Branko Culina is expected to take over the side in the short term.

Van Egmond took charge of the Jets eight weeks into season two after Nick Theodorakopoulos's disastrous run of defeats.

Dutchy turned the team around immediately and enjoyed a long unbeaten run which took the club from the bottom to the finals. The following season he took the club into the grand final and its first Championship.

He leaves after a relatively successful run in the ACL - despite a cobbled together squad - although that was soured by last week's 6-0 drubbing in Pohang against the Steelers.

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/106447,d ... -jets.aspx
Toby
Toby

Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:59 pm
Possible Canberra A-league team target for coach?
Chris1822
Chris1822

Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:02 am
um no, GVE is a crap coach stay the hell away from canberra.
the head
the head

Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:28 pm
Tobster wrote:Possible Canberra A-league team target for coach?

God I hope not. I'd prefer Blieberg before the Egghead...... and I'm not a big fan of Miron's either.
Galileo
Galileo

Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:13 pm
Maybe gives a hint of FFA asking WS to go in search for a coach?
Joey47
Joey47

Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:09 am
Spider hears call of home

Michael Cockerill
August 29, 2009

FORMER Socceroos goalkeeper Zeljko Kalac says he is interested in finishing his career back where it all began - in western Sydney.

First though, Kalac, 36, must decide if he will play on. The Australian surprised many when he quit AC Milan two weeks ago, and is holidaying on the Croatian coast while he weighs up whether it's time to retire.

With the European transfer window closing on Monday, Kalac admits he doesn't have much time to make up his mind, but if he does pull out the gloves again, he's convinced he has two more seasons left in him.

''The goalkeeping coach at Milan said I was crazy to leave, but I'd had enough,'' he said. ''I wasn't happy any more. I was sick and tired of all the travel, all the time away from my family.

''The big decision is whether to go on. At the moment, I'm sitting tight, but there are three or four offers on the table. I've already turned down a couple.''

Kalac conceded if he did continue, would unlikely be with a big club in a major league. ''I don't want a busy schedule,'' he said.

''I want a nice club in a nice city, to play one game a week and enjoy life. Croatia is definitely an option. It's the perfect lifestyle, it's exactly what I'm looking for, but I won't play for free. There's two clubs I'm talking to, but no decision has been made. I've also got options in Italy.''

On the possibility of returning to Australia after 12 years abroad, the former Sydney United custodian said: ''Right now, the A-League isn't an option. The window has closed, and even if I don't sign over here, there's no rush to come home. The salary cap also makes it difficult. ''But if I do play on, then coming home is a possibility.

''I've heard about the new team from western Sydney, and I wouldn't mind coming back and helping them get on their feet. That's home for me, that's where it all started.''

Kalac also opened the door slightly to a Socceroos comeback, adding: ''If 'Schwarzie' [Mark Schwarzer] was injured, and I'm playing regularly, why not?''

http://www.smh.com.au/news/sport/football/a-league/spider-hears-call-of-home/2009/08/28/1251394591306.html
Toby
Toby

Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:23 am
would be good to see him if the Western Sydney bid get in... how about bozza for one of the keepers for Canberra?
Joey47
Joey47

Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:37 pm
Litty/Crooky's Sydney Return?

EXCLUSIVE A-League championship winning coaching duo Pierre Littbarski and Ian Crook are being eyed by one of the remaining bidders for an A-League licence in Sydney, say sources in Europe.
The pair were responsible for bringing the A-League title to Sydney FC in season one of the league and have maintained strong ties with the country and city.

Littbarski went on to coach in Japan's J2 with Avispa Fukuoka where he signed Aussie players Mark Rudan, Ufuk Talay and Joel Griffiths.

After a spell in Iran with Saipa, the German born World Cup winner has been coaching FC Vaduz in the Swiss league. The club signed Perth Glory's Jamie Harnwell and Eugene Dadi in the 2009 off-season.

Crook was Littbarski's right hand man in Japan before briefly taking a technical director's role at Newcastle Jets before moving to his current job at his former club Norwich City as a first team coach.

Following news overnight that the A-League bidding consortium backed by Joe Meissner had dissolved there remains two bids in Sydney's A-League expansion race.

One is backed by player agent Chris Tanner and the other by Lucas Neill's manager Paddy Dominguez.

The FFA has already granted the 11th licence for the A-League to a consortium called Melbourne Heart. The group is well advanced on its coaching appointment and off field positions.

*In other A-League news, former Melbourne Victory player Joe Keenan is trialling with Newcastle Jets. His last club was Hibernian in Scotland.

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/111687,littycrookys-sydney-return.aspx
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum