Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

De vanna top of United wish list Empty De vanna top of United wish list

Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:15 am
was in the canberra times this morning couldn't find a link.

it also said that no player movements can be officially announced until the 1st july which explains the lack of player news coming out of canberra united.

anyway de vanna would be the best buy for united, she's exactly what we need in the attack.
CFCCOUK
CFCCOUK
http://www21.sbs.com.au/wgforum

De vanna top of United wish list Empty Re: De vanna top of United wish list

Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:56 pm
aleague4canberra wrote:

it also said that no player movements can be officially announced until the 1st july which explains the lack of player news coming out of canberra united.

Aah, thats useful to know.

+ Very much hope so! :D
Toby
Toby

Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:00 pm
De Vanna is exactly what Canberra United need.. she and A.Sykes up front would be a great pair!
Chris1822
Chris1822

Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:04 am
i'd go as far as saying that she's the best womens player in australia by far!
teddybear

Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:58 am
De Vanna would be a great addition if we could get her. But still need another striker. Sykes only scored one goal all season which is hopeless for a supposed striker. Our defenders did better than that!@! Get rid of Sykes and bring on a player who knows how to play football properly.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:37 am
maybe sykes will get some good service from de vanna, maybe that was the problem last year.
teddybear

Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:40 pm
service isn't the problem. SHe can't do anything with the ball in front of the goal even though she sometimes gets in a good position. SHe needs to learn to strike if she wants to be a striker.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:33 pm
^^

100% true now that i think about it, just remembering how many times she was in on goal one on one with the keeper and kicked it straight to the keeper.

awful, but maybe with the extra coaching she's recieved from the young matildas coaches she's turned the corner?
teddybear

Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:44 pm
unfortunately she hasn't done anything with the young matildas either. I hope she soon realises she is not the super star she (and her parents) thinks she is. HOpe Canberra United pursue another decent striker in her place. They are not worth the effort of bringing them from Dubbo. Plenty of good local players in the womens premier league and ACTAS team who will do much better.
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:25 pm
I've stated this before and really i believe that to get the absolute best would to play her on the wing like her sister Nicole.

She is still VERY YOUNG, so just remember that.
Toby
Toby

Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:01 pm
Yeah she is an excellent winger.. she set up quite a few last year from memory.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:21 pm
teddybear wrote:unfortunately she hasn't done anything with the young matildas either. I hope she soon realises she is not the super star she (and her parents) thinks she is. HOpe Canberra United pursue another decent striker in her place. They are not worth the effort of bringing them from Dubbo. Plenty of good local players in the womens premier league and ACTAS team who will do much better.

exactly right, i'm sick of defending her, just the fact that we have to bring her and her sister (who doesn't offer much) from dubbo should be enough of a reason to not re-sign her, for me we should keep the squad all local because last year there were some people who trained with the team 2-3 times all year. and while we may be losing some of the individuals, the team will benefit.
Toby
Toby

Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:24 am
yeah there are some fairly odd and expensive logistics in all that..
teddybear

Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:12 pm
The sykes girls are doing year 12 in dubbo, so will not be travelling to canberra for training. IMO if they don't commit 100% then don't sign them. It is not fair on locals who turn up for training every day and sacrifice many things to train and play with Canberra for them to waltz in on game day and play a full game. KEEP IT LOCAL WITH ONE OR TWO **COMMITTED** INTERSTATE PLAYERS WHO COME TO TRAINING.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:26 pm
teddybear wrote:The sykes girls are doing year 12 in dubbo, so will not be travelling to canberra for training. IMO if they don't commit 100% then don't sign them. It is not fair on locals who turn up for training every day and sacrifice many things to train and play with Canberra for them to waltz in on game day and play a full game. KEEP IT LOCAL WITH ONE OR TWO **COMMITTED** INTERSTATE PLAYERS WHO COME TO TRAINING.

here here, for the sake of team harmony we need to keep the squad local.

people like bec kiting, i think she's a decet player BTW, who travel from darwin just for games and go to one or two training sessions a season, just ridiculous.
(::FAQ::)
(::FAQ::)

Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:49 pm
aleague4canberra wrote:
teddybear wrote:The sykes girls are doing year 12 in dubbo, so will not be travelling to canberra for training. IMO if they don't commit 100% then don't sign them. It is not fair on locals who turn up for training every day and sacrifice many things to train and play with Canberra for them to waltz in on game day and play a full game. KEEP IT LOCAL WITH ONE OR TWO **COMMITTED** INTERSTATE PLAYERS WHO COME TO TRAINING.

here here, for the sake of team harmony we need to keep the squad local.

people like bec kiting, i think she's a decet player BTW, who travel from darwin just for games and go to one or two training sessions a season, just ridiculous.

Bec Kiting isn't from Darwin. That is Rhian Davies I think.
teddybear

Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:51 pm
Kiting is a local player. Rhian Davis came from Darwin. Another one who is not worth the effort. She made a big play of bringing the aboriginal girls to the game once which was good for her image, but she can't play soccer any more. Again didn't train much with the team.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:19 pm
yep sorry, meant davies, she's crap too.
teddybear

Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:45 pm
I don't think age is an excuse. THere are several girls in last year's team younger than SYkes and they managed to play ok. If they want to play at an elite level then they have to perform. Sykes (both of them) didn't perform and are not worth the effort and expense of bringing them from dubbo. It is not good for team harmony and there are other girls who can do as good if not better job.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum