Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
RealCanberra23
RealCanberra23

When the hell is the decision gonna be made? Empty When the hell is the decision gonna be made?

Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:44 pm
As a passionate Canberra football fan, it is really annoying being at work and I just keep thinking about this- and when the hell are going to make the decision? lol

It was meant to be in early June and then late June and then early July and then late July and now early August.

Just when....?
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

When the hell is the decision gonna be made? Empty Re: When the hell is the decision gonna be made?

Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:25 pm
i feel your pain, the ffa were obviously just stalling for time while western sydney got their bid together
Toby
Toby

When the hell is the decision gonna be made? Empty Re: When the hell is the decision gonna be made?

Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:49 pm
It has to be some time in August otherwise they will be running out of time.
Thebid

Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:43 pm
Final revised docu went in Friday for all bids I heard. Mid-August you reckon???, more like September the 5th to see what crowd we get for Mariners. Is this true?

I mean that's crap...Storm Townsville or Sydney Bulldogs in AFL would hardly pull 7,000 why should we expect more for Mariners Adelaide
mikey_porto
mikey_porto

Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:40 am
Oh bloody hell.... this cannot be good for the bid. Do the FFA really expect us to pull in 20,000. A crowd of around 10,000 would be great.

Really is ridiculous, at what they are aiming for.

At least then, we know that they are still very much considering us.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:19 pm
I think we'll get at least 10K to both matches, anything under will be a real let down.
stevieg84lfc
stevieg84lfc
Other football teams : Liverpool, Liverpool Reserves, Liverpool Under 18's

Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:06 pm
Yeah, it is gonna be hard, but it must be advertised so you get people going
Toby
Toby

Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:57 pm
10k is the minimum. 15k is what we really should be aiming for...
Galileo
Galileo

Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:10 pm
Thebid wrote:Final revised docu went in Friday for all bids I heard. Mid-August you reckon???, more like September the 5th to see what crowd we get for Mariners. Is this true?

When the hell is the decision gonna be made? Businessman-banging-his-head-against-the-wall-ispc026073

OMG, I am seriously getting impatient. This is bloody frustrating- as you can see the image I have posted... that is how I am feeling. lol

Seriously, hurry the hell up, FFA! Rant
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:29 pm
Galileo wrote:
When the hell is the decision gonna be made? Businessman-banging-his-head-against-the-wall-ispc026073

lol. Yep, this is how I am ATM.
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
Other football teams : Leeds United, AFC Wimbledon

Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:38 pm
i just can't believe how long its taken...

its like the ffa have delayed the final choice to make the Western Sydney bids work...

Conspiracy.... i think YES
thom_canberra
thom_canberra
Other football teams : Ajax, Bolton

Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:03 pm
It is just ridiculous that the 12th team is getting such little time to prepare for their debut season as the FFA are taking so long to announce it, it will seriously jepordise their chance for success in their first season as they just can't create a team and all that goes with it, in what is becoming such a small amount of time.
I mean, none of the other A-League teams so far have been given this short a time to prepare so why should it happen to the 12th?

Also I believe that Canberra is being asked to much by the FFA to prove that our bid is worthy.
We have done so much allready and now the FFA are waiting to see what crowds we get to the CCM games? how much do we have to do to show we are ready for the 12th A-League franchise...
Did gold coast, north queensland and melbourne heart have to be put through all that Canberra is being put through to give their bids success?
Chris1822
Chris1822

Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:06 pm
^^
totally agree thom canberra. good post.

and as for you johnlovescanberraunited, it's not a conspiracy at all rather just the FFA waiting for western sydney to get their act together.
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:12 pm
thom_canberra wrote:It is just ridiculous that the 12th team is getting such little time to prepare for their debut season as the FFA are taking so long to announce it, it will seriously jepordise their chance for success in their first season as they just can't create a team and all that goes with it, in what is becoming such a small amount of time.
I mean, none of the other A-League teams so far have been given this short a time to prepare so why should it happen to the 12th?

Also I believe that Canberra is being asked to much by the FFA to prove that our bid is worthy.
We have done so much allready and now the FFA are waiting to see what crowds we get to the CCM games? how much do we have to do to show we are ready for the 12th A-League franchise...
Did gold coast, north queensland and melbourne heart have to be put through all that Canberra is being put through to give their bids success?

Yep totally agree thom. The FFA are getting everything wrong throughout this process.
Toby
Toby

Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:47 pm
thom_canberra wrote:It is just ridiculous that the 12th team is getting such little time to prepare for their debut season as the FFA are taking so long to announce it, it will seriously jepordise their chance for success in their first season as they just can't create a team and all that goes with it, in what is becoming such a small amount of time.

I understand why they are playing cautious though.. we don't really have a very good history with football success and lately the Mariners and Jets are struggling to get past the 10 000 mark..... however we keep proving to them time and time again that we will be able to get above the 10 000 post (kuwait game, and the pre-season friendlies in past years that have been played in canberra (7-8000 a game) so with a canberra team we definately should be getting 10 000 plus.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:52 am
andrew barr the ACT sports minister said on the news last night that the reason he believes the decision is taking so long is that the FFA had western sydney pencilled in just as they had melbourne heart pencilled in, but now that canberra have thrown up a great bid, they are having to seriously reconsider and see what the western sydney bids have to throw up against ours.

i don't know if he's right, but that's what he said.
Toby
Toby

Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:10 pm
That's an interesting way in looking at it... he could be right after all.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:55 pm
why didn't we think of that, that is optimistic and we are just really pessimistic on this forum.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum