Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

18th of September: Decision to be made Empty 18th of September: Decision to be made

Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:34 pm
Someone I know heard this on the radio this morning.

This Friday, the decision is set to be made on who will be granted the 12th licence. Western Sydney is the likely destination according to that radio station- who would obviously have some inside knowledge.

AS JohnLovesCanberraUnited would say:

Doubt
Alex351
Alex351
Other football teams : Real Madrid, Reading and Southport

18th of September: Decision to be made Empty Re: 18th of September: Decision to be made

Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:34 pm
Doubt

Pray
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
Other football teams : Leeds United, AFC Wimbledon

18th of September: Decision to be made Empty Re: 18th of September: Decision to be made

Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:35 pm
ha ha ha very funny

Doubt
Alex351
Alex351
Other football teams : Real Madrid, Reading and Southport

Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:44 pm
Western Sydney don't deserve a team they haven't been put through "test" by the FFA and they've done nothing to actually fight for that spot. Rant
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
Other football teams : Leeds United, AFC Wimbledon

Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:47 pm
^^^^^^^^

its because the FFA THINK that WS fans go to the Sky Blues games
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:03 pm
JohnLovesCanberraUnited wrote:^^^^^^^^

i think you'll find that it's the fact that the FFA think that WS fans don't attend FC games because of geogrpahical reasons and i support that, fair call i say.

my bone is with the 2nd melb team decision, nobody on any internet forum i've read wants a team there.
thom_canberra
thom_canberra
Other football teams : Ajax, Bolton

Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:03 am
I think puting second teams in cities this soon is a big mistake by the FFA when they have a large amount of untapped support from places like Canberra, Tassie, South Coast etc.

I cant see Melboune 'heart' getting any support unless they sign Viduka as their marque player.

As for WS its absolutly ridiculous if they do get the 12th spot as they just don't deserve it full stop!!
thom_canberra
thom_canberra
Other football teams : Ajax, Bolton

Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:26 pm
So the decision hasn't been made yet, it looks like it was just wishful think from the sydney media...

I'm still not convinced that WS is guarenteed the 12th spot just yet we can still have hope...

All we need is the money & quickly and the FFA needs to engage Ivan so they can work out a plan, if it turns out the FFA are actually helping the WS Sydney bid out with part of the money then I will be very dissapointed!
Toby
Toby

Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:35 pm
aleague4canberra wrote:
JohnLovesCanberraUnited wrote:^^^^^^^^

i think you'll find that it's the fact that the FFA think that WS fans don't attend FC games because of geogrpahical reasons and i support that, fair call i say.

my bone is with the 2nd melb team decision, nobody on any internet forum i've read wants a team there.

100% agree I hope for their case they can attract a big name otherwise that club will fall flat on its face.. Though I have heard that many Melbourners don't like the Victory which means that their is potential that this second team will attract support from others then the Victory fans.. However one potential result arising from having these second city teams will be the rise in violence.. there will now be more melbourne - sydney clashes along with inner city derbies.. I am not convinced these new teams will only produce good headlines..
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum