Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Canberra:Frank says unlikely Empty Canberra:Frank says unlikely

Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:24 am
If Frank Lowy knows anything then Canberra are "unlikely," to get an A-League spot on Monday.

But you know Frank isn't always in tune with his team and Mike Cockerill is hardly renowned for getting to the bottom of a story is he?

He still thinks it's Wollongong or no-one.

Anyway, as "unlikely," as it is...in the same article Wellington's future is not assured...

Q. The existing licences are up at the end of this season. In particular, Wellington Phoenix are nervous about their future following the stand taken by [Asian Football Confederation president] Mohamed Bin Hammam. Can you give Wellington any assurances?

A. I can give Wellington the assurance we will try our hardest, our damnedest, to keep them in the competition. But it's not in my power, totally. FIFA says one thing, for certain [that Wellington should remain], the AFC says another [that Wellington should be kicked out], so we need to sort it out … They've got good management, good crowds, they get good results. It would be bad for the game overall if we didn't have a team like that.

Q. Any chance of a 12th and 13th [Canberra] licence being issued at the same time?

A. Unlikely.

and to the FFA.... don't think the Canberra public will rock up to the Mariners games on September 5th if we don't get the nod before then, the FFA are just not that dumb in my view.

They wouldn't do that to us surely!

I reckon the door remains open, and Monday we'll know for sure.....or can the FFA afford to go to just eleven teams, or remain at ten if Western Sydney don't stack up and Wellington get the boot.

from nearpost blogspot.
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Canberra:Frank says unlikely Empty Re: Canberra:Frank says unlikely

Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:37 pm
Oh well... that pretty much spells the end of us getting a team. Looks like we will have to wait yet another 5 years.Cry

FFA, you are as dumb as dog****. You don't know what you are missing. Canberra has the best bid they have EVER seen. "Oh ok, lets not give them team then"- just as long as our beloved western sydney get a team.

If we don't get this licence, is anyone gonna volunteer in helping me make some banners, lambasting this decision?

You are idiots FFA!
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:55 pm
The Full interview is in the other thread about Western Sydney confirmed as 12th team.

Thread Locked.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum