Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Deakin "Stadium" Empty Deakin "Stadium"

Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:29 pm
Okay, so we are called Capital Hill and base ourselves on the hill at Mckellar, but where will we STAND at Deakin "Stadium".

You see me put it in inverted commas as it is hardly a stadium.
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Deakin "Stadium" Empty Re: Deakin "Stadium"

Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:17 pm
i think we should just go to the top row of stairs right in the middle and stand.
Joey47
Joey47

Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:30 am
We don't go in the middle if it is seats. Like in McKellar's case, we only st in the middle because it is a hill.

Probably just to the right/left of the middle seats.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:32 am
^^

but won't we get heard more if we are smack bang in the centre?
Joey47
Joey47

Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:32 am
^^^^

We aren't the Sharks Army and sit wherever we want to sit.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:05 pm
^^

we can sit wherever we want to sit though and i think that the back row of the middle would be good.
Nonno Gomes
Nonno Gomes

Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:05 pm
we can't even fill up McKellar guys...
(::FAQ::)

Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:02 pm
That is going to be crap. McKellar is the spiritual home of Canberra United.
Nonno Gomes
Nonno Gomes

Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:53 pm
RaidersCampese6 wrote:That is going to be crap. McKellar is the spiritual home of Canberra United.

lol - yea and we give mckellar it's spirit!!!
Toby
Toby

Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:46 am
the one possible good thing would be it reaching another part of Canberra's community???
Chris1822
Chris1822

Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:40 am
^^

possibly? but we might not get as godd crowds at deakin

Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:00 pm
aleague4canberra wrote:^^

possibly? but we might not get as godd crowds at deakin

I don't know about that aleague4canberra. Canberra FC supporters are pretty passionate about their football but I hope they don't come out and bring flares and fire crackers and all this s**t.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:09 pm
yeah but what i mean is that we have an established supporter base for canberra united and i'll presume that most of them would be north siders. by moving some of our games to deakin we would pretty much be ditching that supporter base to try and get a new one.
Toby
Toby

Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:12 pm
Well I would be hoping that it would swell the supporting ranks rather then dividing them..
Raider_United
Raider_United

Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:18 am
aleague4canberra wrote:yeah but what i mean is that we have an established supporter base for canberra united and i'll presume that most of them would be north siders. by moving some of our games to deakin we would pretty much be ditching that supporter base to try and get a new one.

That is a pretty awful comment. You don't want to just reach out to the north side of Canberra, we have to reach out to the whole of the Canberra community. I would've preferred to have stayed at McKellar but it ain't something that should ruin Canberra United.

This is more than likely going to be a crowd gainer than a crowd decliner.

And also, the Canberra United board only moved the games to Deakin because of a refurbishment of grass. We didn't want and go in search of a "new fan base".
Chris1822
Chris1822

Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:50 am
Graham Arnold OUT! wrote:
aleague4canberra wrote:yeah but what i mean is that we have an established supporter base for canberra united and i'll presume that most of them would be north siders. by moving some of our games to deakin we would pretty much be ditching that supporter base to try and get a new one.

That is a pretty awful comment. You don't want to just reach out to the north side of Canberra, we have to reach out to the whole of the Canberra community. I would've preferred to have stayed at McKellar but it ain't something that should ruin Canberra United.

And also, the Canberra United board only moved the games to Deakin because of a refurbishment of grass. We didn't want and go in search of a "new fan base".

i'm just being a realist, hopefully i'm wrong because that would mean that there are a lot of people that come from south canberra to games. Let's face it, besides the people on this forum that are really keen followers of canberra united, how many do you think there would be that would be willing to drive 30 mins every couple of weeks to attend all the home games? don't get me wrong i hope there's a lot but i just don't think there are.
Joey47
Joey47

Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:03 pm
aleague4canberra wrote:
Graham Arnold OUT! wrote:

i'm just being a realist, hopefully i'm wrong because that would mean that there are a lot of people that come from south canberra to games. Let's face it, besides the people on this forum that are really keen followers of canberra united, how many do you think there would be that would be willing to drive 30 mins every couple of weeks to attend all the home games? don't get me wrong i hope there's a lot but i just don't think there are.

Well you're not being very real TBH. I don't see why they wouldn't come to the games and as GA Out said it will gain more support and make even bigger crowds.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:54 pm
^^
ok just got you and GAO's side of the argument.

yeah i suppose you're making a valid pont too, it could go either way though IMO.
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
Other football teams : Leeds United, AFC Wimbledon

Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:37 pm
sorry ive missed this

are we moving to deakin from mckellar

if we are it does mean i can walk there but i like mckellar

and why dont we sit down the front in the middle then we can put the banners somewhere
Toby
Toby

Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:26 pm
We are still at Mckellar just there will be a couple of games at Deakin
thegezman
thegezman
Other football teams : Liverpool FC, Carlton FC (AFL)

Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:15 pm
aleague4canberra wrote:

on that very logic, how many southside fans are we missing out on?

if we never play a game in the south, then how will we find out?

i do think that one central venue makes good sence, however.

dont forget we are getting an 'extra' home game at canberra stadium this season also. so 6 home games has got to be good news
Joey47
Joey47

Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:02 am
thegezman wrote:
aleague4canberra wrote:

on that very logic, how many southside fans are we missing out on?

if we never play a game in the south, then how will we find out?

i do think that one central venue makes good sence, however.

dont forget we are getting an 'extra' home game at canberra stadium this season also. so 6 home games has got to be good news

That is EXACTLY right. The only way to see if there is support on the Southside is to host a W-League game.
thegezman
thegezman
Other football teams : Liverpool FC, Carlton FC (AFL)

Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:56 pm
ive never been to deakin, but i'm assuming its a smaller venue, which might be a good thing, if we fill the place it should be a nice intimidating atmosphere.

hopefully we get a good turn out and result.
Tuggies6
Tuggies6

Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:57 am
Deakin is poooooooooooo sandwhich and the fact that they are even thinking about having games there is a disgrace. Im suprised the FFA are even allowing it after they gave it a massive thumbs down after last years Mariners v Canberra Rockets game.

There are huge ethnic symbols painted in both the home and away changerooms and the main 'grand stand' has the trusses up but no covering.

And dont get me started about the surface...its way to short. They put the wrong grass in when they were seeding so now when it rains it just turns to mud...

This is a bad, bad idea. McKellar is a far better venue and having it on the north hasnt detered any of the dedicated southside fans that I know...

Canberra United @ Deakin...NO GOOD...
Joey47
Joey47

Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:37 pm
Tuggies6 wrote:Deakin is poooooooooooo sandwhich and the fact that they are even thinking about having games there is a disgrace. Im suprised the FFA are even allowing it after they gave it a massive thumbs down after last years Mariners v Canberra Rockets game.

There are huge ethnic symbols painted in both the home and away changerooms and the main 'grand stand' has the trusses up but no covering.

And dont get me started about the surface...its way to short. They put the wrong grass in when they were seeding so now when it rains it just turns to mud...

This is a bad, bad idea. McKellar is a far better venue and having it on the north hasnt detered any of the dedicated southside fans that I know...

Canberra United @ Deakin...NO GOOD...

Agree Tuggies- and people on this forum were saying that this would be a suitable A-League stadium?

I know McKellar is being refurbished- but why not have the game at the AIS training pitch. It is a reasonable size ground.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum