Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Tuggies6
Tuggies6

Deakin "Stadium" - Page 2 Empty Re: Deakin "Stadium"

Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:02 pm
Suitable for A-League??? Oh my goodness. I wouldnt even let my Daughters U/8's play there. Even the corporate area is a joke. There is no proper ventilation so the glass just fogs up...this must be a gee up right??? Look if we are talking Deakin cause its on the south then lets just bring em on down to Kambah 2 ; )

The AIS athletics pitch would be a great option. There is good seating, tuck shop and media facilities and the playing surface is top notch. They played the Mariners v Canberra Pres XI there this year and the it was a great day out.
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:05 pm
Tuggies6 wrote:Suitable for A-League??? Oh my goodness. I wouldnt even let my Daughters U/8's play there. Even the corporate area is a joke. There is no proper ventilation so the glass just fogs up...this must be a gee up right??? Look if we are talking Deakin cause its on the south then lets just bring em on down to Kambah 2 ; )

The AIS athletics pitch would be a great option. There is good seating, tuck shop and media facilities and the playing surface is top notch. They played the Mariners v Canberra Pres XI there this year and the it was a great day out.

It was just some people saying that if for some reason we ever go 2 A-League teams, Deakin Stadium would be the place to host South Canberra.

Don't know why some people were thinking this.
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:07 pm
no no no no no, you've completely quoted me out of context.

what i heard a couple of years ago was that the ACT government were looking to do a huge upgrade of deakin to make it a 15K+ seater for a canberra a-league team (don't ask me why)?

in knowing this i just thought that if football ever got so popular and canberra could support 2 teams then an upgraded deakin would be good.
Joey47
Joey47

Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:15 pm
aleague4canberra wrote:no no no no no, you've completely quoted me out of context.

what i heard a couple of years ago was that the ACT government were looking to do a huge upgrade of deakin to make it a 15K+ seater for a canberra a-league team (don't ask me why)?

in knowing this i just thought that if football ever got so popular and canberra could support 2 teams then an upgraded deakin would be good.

The Gov were NEVER going to give Deakin an upgrade. It was just an idea from Croatia Deakin. There isn't enough room for 15K... the Government NEVER stated this.
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:19 pm
^^
well i'm just going off what you told me.
Joey47
Joey47

Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:45 pm
aleague4canberra wrote:^^
well i'm just going off what you told me.

You must've misunderstood me. I stated The Canberra FC wanted this.
Tuggies6
Tuggies6

Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:50 pm
We all know that if there were to be a 15k purpose built stadium for a second A-League team in Canberra the location would be at Kambah 2 right next to Drakeford Drive and in the heart of valley ; )
(::FAQ::)
(::FAQ::)

Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:27 am
Tuggies6 wrote:We all know that if there were to be a 15k purpose built stadium for a second A-League team in Canberra the location would be at Kambah 2 right next to Drakeford Drive and in the heart of valley ; )

Off topic a bit. But, Tuggies, is that the home ground of the Tuggeranong Premier League club? If so, that is a crap surface- I've played there on numerous occasions and it is as bad as Giralang's Ovals.
Tuggies6
Tuggies6

Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:40 am
Yeah...thats the one. Its the perfect setting for top flight football in Canberra. Although I do have to disagree with your comments about the surface...Im pretty sure that its worse than the Giralang ovals. It will get some TLC during the summer and will be all class come season 2010.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum