Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
CFCCOUK
CFCCOUK
http://www21.sbs.com.au/wgforum

Transport + Field Locations In Canberra Empty Transport + Field Locations In Canberra

Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:54 pm
OK, sorry, I couldnt really find where to put this...admin feel free to move the thread to appropriate location if Ive overlooked something (sorry).

Anyways... As per my 'location', I am currently in Port Macquarie doing a gap year. I am coming to ANU next year, will get accommodation on campus.

As per avatar...I am a ref. I do this for much of my weekend up here, and very much am wanting to continue this and advance in it in Canberra.

Anyway I have to make a major decision very soon. And so I need help and info from Canberrans.

Will I need a car in Canberra to be able to referee with regularity? Is ground spread/public transport such that I need one, or can I get away without one (as I would prefer to)???
I am unsure of the spread of grounds, capabilities of public transport etc. I have a vehicle atm...but rego, insurance etc is coming up and have to negotiate an appropriate agreement with 'rents.

Advice/thoughts/ideas???

TIA.

NB I will also contact the Canberra refs association re this...once I find a contact.
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Transport + Field Locations In Canberra Empty Re: Transport + Field Locations In Canberra

Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:18 am
Difficult question but it really depends where you will be refereeing on the weekend. To get over to the southside there are long drives so your best bet would be to drive.

The grounds over the ACT are spread all over the place: LAtham, Mawson, Kaleen, Waramanga, Waniassa.
Wil

Transport + Field Locations In Canberra Empty Transport + Field Locations in Canberra

Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:03 am
Just trying to help you out with your enquiry - best to contact the football assocation that runs football in Canberra. They are called Capital Football.
You could go to their website www.capitalfootball.com.au and go to the appropriate links.
They would like to have you on board I am sure as they are short of refs for junior (especially) and senior football because of the large participation rate in Canberra, it is huge.
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Transport + Field Locations In Canberra Empty Re: Transport + Field Locations In Canberra

Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:13 pm
um yeah it really depends where you will be based tell us that and i'll be able to help you out a bit more.
CFCCOUK
CFCCOUK
http://www21.sbs.com.au/wgforum

Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:15 am
aleague4canberra wrote:um yeah it really depends where you will be based tell us that and i'll be able to help you out a bit more.

based @ on campus accommodation at ANU.

thanks for the responses so far :)
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:14 am
^^^^
Your closest dwstinations would be the Dickson Playing fields and there are bus stops everywhere in Civic, where the ANU is next to.
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:47 am
you could even ref at the ANU? that'd be a hell of a lot easier
Toby
Toby

Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:44 pm
Thats true they have many divisions at the ANU club.
(::FAQ::)
(::FAQ::)

Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:39 pm
Yea, if you are experienced enough have a look at reffing at the ANU.
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
Other football teams : Leeds United, AFC Wimbledon

Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:33 pm
JUST GO TO THE CIVIC INTERCHANGE
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum