Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

official Canberra A-League team name

+45
Golden_CU
FC United of Canberra
tbayern
Admin_Capital Punishment
alan
theblueorder
efcmetro1878
mikey_porto
RealCanberra23
stevieg84lfc
Swagman
Pittodrie Boy
Tuggies6
Sebastian
(::FAQ::)
xEAx
cufc_cc
Galileo
langers
Raider_United
Parrbo
TheBigMan
Toby
Gerrards_Homies808
bypopulardemand
Capital Thunder
Kaibo
spets
BrotherEstapol
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
Alex351
the head
MinsterMan
brettles
Gate7
Yid_Army
Lahrio
Social_Loafer
arinceo
Nonno Gomes
Joey47
choice bro cheers
Chris1822
Que?
thom_canberra
49 posters
Go down

what should canberra's potential a-league team be called?

2 - 5%
25 - 64%
1 - 3%
10 - 26%
1 - 2%

Total Votes: 39

Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

official Canberra A-League team name - Page 8 Empty Re: official Canberra A-League team name

Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:27 pm
RaidersCampese6 wrote:
aleague4canberra wrote:i'm in favour of calling the team something like canberra, capital or act.

As opposed to what? lol Dumbest comment on this forum so far, anyone?

oh dear you went to the trouble to dig that up but you couldn't read back a couple of posts where you would see that we were talking about the brumbies not having canberra/ACT/capital in their name anymore.

it's like the w-league team just calling themselves united
thom_canberra
thom_canberra
Other football teams : Ajax, Bolton

official Canberra A-League team name - Page 8 Empty Re: official Canberra A-League team name

Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:00 pm
AFC Canberra^^ would be my only other preffered option to Canberra Athletic,

A.F.C. (Association Football Club) Canberra

So it sounds ok but doesnt roll of the tounge like Canberra Athletic!

I still think Canberra Athletic is the perfect name for us and we should all support it as a majority.

I also would like to see Brisbane Roar change its name to FC Brisbane,

similar to FC Barcelona and they really need to drop the 'roar' part of it...
stevieg84lfc
stevieg84lfc
Other football teams : Liverpool, Liverpool Reserves, Liverpool Under 18's

Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:58 am
Canberra Curry ???? anyone

Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:14 am
aleague4canberra wrote:
RaidersCampese6 wrote:
aleague4canberra wrote:i'm in favour of calling the team something like canberra, capital or act.

oh dear you went to the trouble to dig that up but you couldn't read back a couple of posts where you would see that we were talking about the brumbies not having canberra/ACT/capital in their name anymore.

That topic of discussion was only brought up by you. No one else was discussing it.
Surely you knew that the FFA, don't accept team names without the Region they are representing in it.

Still a VERY dumb comment.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:36 am
RaidersCampese6 wrote:
aleague4canberra wrote:
RaidersCampese6 wrote:

That topic of discussion was only brought up by you. No one else was discussing it.
Surely you knew that the FFA, don't accept team names without the Region they are representing in it.

Still a VERY dumb comment.

of course i knew about the region thingo, i was just saying that i didn't want to be just a name even if it meant tat we could capture a wider fanbase.
Alex351
Alex351
Other football teams : Real Madrid, Reading and Southport

Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:08 pm
look, TBH i still think Royal Canberra FC is by far the best name. It's original to the league, it's a professional name and it's not a pissweak name.

I can just imagine the crowd :

Royal...Royal ect.... clap Thumbs Up
Tuggies6
Tuggies6

Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:44 pm
We already have the logo, the colours and the name. Canberra United works for our W-League team so why would we need to go and get something different???

Anyway, looks like we wont need to bother acting on this for a while now...think the FFA has stitched us up bigtime...
Raider_United
Raider_United

Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:57 pm
Tuggies6 wrote:We already have the logo, the colours and the name. Canberra United works for our W-League team so why would we need to go and get something different???

Anyway, looks like we wont need to bother acting on this for a while now...think the FFA has stitched us up bigtime...

I know. The Canberra A-League bid team won't go and change it. It will stay as Canberra United.
RealCanberra23
RealCanberra23

Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:56 pm
I actually really like Royal Canberra FC but from that list I'd say Canberra Athletic.
thom_canberra
thom_canberra

Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:10 am
Umm so im not against the W-League team or anything but it has only been running for one season so why should a semi-profesional womens team, with much less planing than there would be for the mens A-League team decide what our team is going to be called.
thom_canberra
thom_canberra

Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:35 am
Soo i'm just throwing it out there,

My first preference will always be Canberra Athletic,

But I do like AFC Canberra

or how about Canberra Celtic???

i'm just exploring all the options you know...
mikey_porto
mikey_porto

Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:04 am
thom_canberra wrote:Soo i'm just throwing it out there,

My first preference will always be Canberra Athletic,

But I do like AFC Canberra

or how about Canberra Celtic???

i'm just exploring all the options you know...

Canberra Celtic??

Why'd we do that?
Gate7
Gate7
Other football teams : Olympiakos

Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:42 am
how about Olympiakos Canberra?
Alex351
Alex351
Other football teams : Real Madrid, Reading and Southport

Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:42 pm
Okay, my first preference would have to be Royal Canberra FC but i woudn't mind FC Canberra.

Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:32 pm
YEa, I really like Royal Canberra FC. Canberra Athletic I also very much like as well as Canberra City FC.
the head
the head
Location : Duffy. That's where I live mofo. Where I do my thing.

Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:39 pm
Pretty sure you need Her majesties or at least vice-regal consent if you want to add 'royal' to your name.

We'll be a republic soon anyway. CUFC looks pretty good.
Raider_United
Raider_United

Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:40 pm
We won't be able to have Royal in our name. United will be the end result, but I would really like to push for Athletic.
efcmetro1878
efcmetro1878

Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:36 pm
You're right, we couldn't have Royal as the name, nor could we have City, as there's already a Canberra City.
Same reason Melbourne weren't allowed to call themselves the Knights etc.

I like Athletic. United is a bit wanky as you guys pointed out but I don't think they'll change it now.
Galileo
Galileo

Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:49 pm
I really have a liking towards Athletic and all it takes is a change of the logo from United to Athletic. We have that with the possibility that Melbourne Heart will be "Sporting" melbourne, we should get Athletic approved.
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
Other football teams : Leeds United, AFC Wimbledon

Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:53 pm
they aren't going to change the name from United to Athletic or Royal or whatever!!!
theblueorder
theblueorder
Other football teams : Rangers FC

Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:26 pm
How about the Canberra Blue Order or the the Canberra Rangers?
thom_canberra
thom_canberra

Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:02 pm
JohnLovesCanberraUnited wrote:they aren't going to change the name from United to Athletic or Royal or whatever!!!

It obviously & definately won't be changed to Royal but,

I'm with Galileo,

As Melbourne will most likely be called Sporting Melbourne,

It would be suitiable and perfect for the Canberra team to get Canberra Atletic,

A slight change from united but absolutely neccesary!

We cannot have 5 teams in the A-League called united-
Its just ridiculous
alan
alan
Other football teams : CSKA Moscow, Russia National Team

Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:49 pm
I personally like Canberra Lokomotiv but i do really like Royal Canberra
Chris1822
Chris1822

Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:07 pm
after review...

royal canberra wouldn't fit in with the community model.

lokomotiv moscow is a ludicrous name for an australian club, at least find the english translation

not united, too many teams have it

bluebells is a bit weak is it not??

athletic maybe because of the AIS and canberra's sporting culture

we need a name that encapsulates the whole region with some tie to canberra or the ACT's culture. Can't think of one though other than athletic
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
Other football teams : Leeds United, AFC Wimbledon

Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:22 pm
look... no matter how many times we ask for Canberra Athletic... it is going to be Canberra United... i like Canberra Athletic the most as well and i like Royal Canberra but like schimich said royal canberra wouldn't work but athletic just wont happen... it will be united
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum